Introductions

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Philly Fillet
Conchigliette Convert

Introductions

Postby Philly Fillet » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:52 pm

Salubriations!

My name is Phil. i am an austrian immigrant to the united states. It is better; in austria the christians will throw things at you if you don't believe- here, they mostly just yell and act like sinners :).

i first heard about FSM when it made the news for fighting intelligent design being taught in public school classes. I didn't know what intelligent design meant the first time i heard it. i thought to myself "But...isn't evolutionary process an Intelligent Design?" I know, if i were God, and i had to come up with a way that things happen, i would design living things with as many ways to adapt and survive as i could. then i found out intelligent design was creationism with a new name.

i found this forum on google.com and decided to check i tout. i read for a while and now i am signed up. i already replied to someone who was christian on things that i thought were silly assumptions that no one else brought up. apologies if that is against the etiquette of the board to do this before an introduction, but it was hard to resist.

i'm looking forward to reading more and collaborating with many like-and different- minded people.

Love Cuts,
~Philly Fillet~
"Ewgl'rlua ugh'r'hkanh r'ylu Flying Spaghetti Monster k'rkh y'lfrngh ph'tangh. Ugh'r'yugha f'nigughr Ithaqua, k'lryea g'nugha hngl'wi'ng, hfir'gnua shluggr'ya ungh'lyeh k'reh y'gr ftenhg."
-Cthulhu

Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Re: Introductions

Postby Scott the Pirate » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:47 pm

Greetings!
They sometimes throw things here as well. At my university i had one of the women handing out little copies of the new testy-mint in the hallway throw one at me in frustration after she couldnt answer any of my questions. "Read that and you'll find your answers!" she said.

If you're against the latest repackaging of creationism being taught in our schools, then you've come to the right place. If i had to, i'd guess that nearly every person on this board has written at least one letter to a schoolboard.

Well, i hope that you enjoy your time here and find some stimulating topics. Happy posting!

Scott
Roy Hunter wrote:Then, when you've got to know them a bit and their defences are down, you go all Scott the Pirate on them...
:lech:

3lke
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby 3lke » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:21 am

Welcome :)

I'm so happy to live in Belgium. Here the most people are agnostic or atheist.

RAmen
Peace, love, chocola & FSM

KC Observer
Mod

Postby KC Observer » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:37 pm

Welcome to the Forum, Philly Phil. :fsm_rock:

Even here you'll encounter the religious minded. We don't mind them sharing this space and tolerance is encouraged.
The Pope

Return to “All Things FSM”