How did you learn of His Noodly love?

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Eliza
Ziti Zealot

Re: How did you learn of His Noodly love?

Postby Eliza » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:14 am

I dreamt of him, hos noodleness carressed me :D , his noodles reached parts that other noodles cannot :twisted: . I woke up I ate spafetti for lunch :roll: , i remembered his noodles, I googled them. I found his royal, godly noodleness :worship:

Mad Willyum Bonney
Admiral of Incomprehensibility

Postby Mad Willyum Bonney » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:19 pm

Whilst corresponding with friends and associates through msn.ca I doth found myself riotously entertained by Darwin award winners and signed up to their forum.
Whilst participating as a member of said forum , thee owner did one day post a link to thee FSM that aroused my interest .
Upon reading thee open letter I did pee myself silly ( Bobby owes me a newe pair of britches ) .

Thee first post did I read on thee home page was from none other than our dear departed St John , his humor did entice me enter this forum and engage in some religious satire of me own ( those threads have since been relegated to Old Posts ).

Then I doth stumble upon thee Admirals of thee Venganzine Fleet ( BB , Spotty , Capn Davy , Planky , Nick Oz ( our stillmaster )) , Admiral E Raser ( my mentor , blame him ) and of course Auntie BB .
Thee rest be history .

Now ye lot be stuck with me .
Remembering St. John
Remembering Auntie DeeDee
Remembering Black Bart
Remembering Pieces o' Nine
Remembering Rainswept

Cpt Celle
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

score

Postby Cpt Celle » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:19 pm

Wilf: 4 points
Display Crosville: 2 points
Mom: 2 points
Richard D: 2 points
Touched; 2 points
Friend: 2 points
Book: 1 point
Sanity is in numbers.

Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby Zankou 2.0 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:23 pm

I found a reference to FSM in December of 2006, while surfing UrbanDictionary. I later Wiki'd it, and was led to this site.

Hilarity ensued.
--Zankou II

The thin line between genius and insanity is less of a border than a union.

"Science can purify religion from error and superstition; religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes. Each can draw the other into a wider world, a world in which both can flourish."
--Pope John Paul II

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein

Phlebas
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Phlebas » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:05 am

Received a link to Venganza by a work mate on 19th September 2006. Truely the path to His Noodleness is wide.
Wake me at the zenith of the moon.

Phlebas The Phoenician

Ramen

aidiore
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby aidiore » Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:35 am

this is funny...i actually was reading about unicorns...and wikipedia mencioned something about the religion of the invisible pink unicorn....on thing led to another...and here i am...
The problem is not the Lack of tolerance...Is the tolerance with the ignorance

Andrey Kurtenkov
Lumache Lieutenant

I know that I was born Pastafarian

Postby Andrey Kurtenkov » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:42 pm

I read the mention of the Flying Spaghetti Monster by Richard Dawkins and I at once understood that I have always believed in the Noodly Almighty. :worship: :fsm:
En mateno de hela ero, per la forĉo de espero, venas viglaj pastafaroj, vere fluganta gefratoj.
Ah, vi flugu, Nia Monstro! Vin observas milionoj serĉiantaj vermiĉeloj, per espero kaj per amo.
Kaj la bona pastafaro post la malfermita pordo, trovos la eternan vivon en pastafara paradizo!
Pastafarier aller Länder, vereinigt euch!
Българска пастафарианска църква (Bulgarian Pastafarian Church)
- за прослава на Макаронения Бог :worship: :fsm_float:

Cpt Celle
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby Cpt Celle » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:09 pm

God works in mysterious ways indeed. Argh! :fsm_yarr:
Sanity is in numbers.

TrueBeliever
Ziti Zealot

Postby TrueBeliever » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:48 pm

I first heard about the Flying Spaghetti Monster via a Richard Dawkins lecture. But I thought he just made it up on the spur of the moment, as he was discussing the unicorn and the cosmic teapot.

Then I noticed one of my Facebook friends listed "Pastafarianism" as her religion. I was curious as to why this typo occurred. I investigated and discovered that Pastafarianism (not a typo) and FSM worship were one in the same. Laughed myself silly while admiring the brilliance of this to counter the Kansas Board of Ejumication.

Co-incidentally, I also happen to be a pirate. A Puzzle Pirate, anyway.

I also am (in real life) descended from Viking settlers on both side of my family. It's in my blood.

See, it's all a perfect storm of revelation.

-AKA Saberwolf of the Viridian Ocean
"if we outlaw evolution, only the outlaws will evolve" - probably George Carlin

Cpt Celle
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby Cpt Celle » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:27 pm

Argh. It warms me old pirate hart to see me hero 'Richard D' is having a substantial influence. He is guaranteed a private table at the finest strip clubs in heaven (as are we all). Ramen. :fsm_yarr:
Sanity is in numbers.

cck888
Conchigliette Convert

Postby cck888 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:54 am

I first heard of him when my friend showed me him on wikipedia and we decided to go find the book. We went to our local book store and I bought it and have sence read it. I was once a person with out a religous path, but now I have one.
RAmen

joshcush
Conchigliette Convert

Postby joshcush » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:43 pm

I was watching South Park and heard Mr./Mrs. Garrison mention it, from there I wikied it and came here. :D

3lke
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby 3lke » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:59 pm

2007 : My teacher of (in dutch, i don't know the english word)) "zedenleer" (= the course at school that atheists and other non-catholic people get instead of the religion course) introduced the FSM. But I didn't payed that much attention to it. Almost 2 weeks ago i was searching for 'groups' on facebook and there it was again. The noodle of all noodles. :fsm_float:

After reading everything on the facebook page i started to google his holy FSM and discovered this beautiful site.
Till 2 weeks ago, i thought that every person in the world was completely wacko with all those god-loves-us-crap. It felt like i was the only 'normal' and 'intelligent' person around. We are 2008 for heaven-with-strippers-and-beer- sake.

And, well yeah, from the moment i clicked on this link, i felt at home.

pasta for y'll
RAmen
Peace, love, chocola & FSM

The Sherbertman
Ziti Zealot

Postby The Sherbertman » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:24 pm

I found out about the FSM in Physics when a Christian creationist told my physics teacher he was wrong and even went so far as to say he was stupid so the teacher began to tell him off for insulting others beliefs to which the Christian insulted him as a 'Non-religious Heretic that was headed straight for hell' to which my teacher began to tell us all about the FSM and then how crap the Christian religion was... and he didn't get in trouble for mocking the Christians either has he happened to have 26 witnesses that said he didn't... he-he
so naturally after class I googled it and there it was i converted there and then

Philly Fillet
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Philly Fillet » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:54 pm

are there fliers and other things i can print out to spread his wet noodles? there's a lot to look through on this forums.
"Ewgl'rlua ugh'r'hkanh r'ylu Flying Spaghetti Monster k'rkh y'lfrngh ph'tangh. Ugh'r'yugha f'nigughr Ithaqua, k'lryea g'nugha hngl'wi'ng, hfir'gnua shluggr'ya ungh'lyeh k'reh y'gr ftenhg."
-Cthulhu

Return to “All Things FSM”