The True Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Apostateabe
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Re: The True Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

Postby Apostateabe » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:20 pm

TrueBeliever wrote:I believe you, brother. Yours is simply a black and white representation of your true colours. Well done, I say. We are all good Flying Spaghetti Monster fearing Pastafarians.

That conversion was so easy, even easier than converting from one protestant sect to another. I'll try that trick next time I walk into church naked. I'll say that I am wearing the armor of God, and if they don't see it, glory to God, that means God has not yet given them eyes to see.

DaveL
Site Admin

Postby DaveL » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:42 am

The Great One is really not that fussy about doctrine, in fact he laughs uncontrollably at those that attempt to act doctrinal.

He's proably having a big chuckle at yet another schism post right now.
Loosely Canonising and keeping it free for all Pastafarians
http://www.loose-canon.info/

TrueBeliever
Ziti Zealot

Postby TrueBeliever » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:34 am

DaveL wrote:The Great One is really not that fussy about doctrine, in fact he laughs uncontrollably at those that attempt to act doctrinal.

He's proably having a big chuckle at yet another schism post right now.

That's the whole point. I believe the best way to touch our God and to be touched by His Noodly Appendange is to make him laugh. Our God is all knowing and has a sense of humour, so SHE/HE/IT knows that my fussiness over doctrine was tongue in cheek. I think that she/he/it would say "I really rather you didn't take any of this seriously". I am following HER/HIS/ITS will.

RAmen
"if we outlaw evolution, only the outlaws will evolve" - probably George Carlin

Braenca
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Braenca » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:25 am

TrueBeliever wrote:Attention all FSM heretics: I have come to save you all.
snippage...
4. The Holiest City in all of Spaghettidom is Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. This is the site where the Holy Meatball Meteorite fell to Earth to show us the True Path.
...snippage ends

True Believer

The sacred Meateorite ??

TrueBeliever
Ziti Zealot

Postby TrueBeliever » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:38 am

Braenca wrote:
The sacred Meateorite ??

Yes! Even better. With lots of oregano.

Putanesca
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby Putanesca » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:23 am

Beware, you false prophet, with your talk of green hats. I Putanesca, His one true prophet etc. etc. (Black Olive unofficial separatist wing) am the only one touched by His Noodleness to speak on His behalf.

“Green hats are anathema for I will not be touched by the green but only by the black of the olive, but make sure you take the pit out first.” – FSM spoken to me last night at about 2:30. So there.

So listen not, ye good and gentle folk, to this misguided soul and wear the black.

I’m allowed the white chefs hat because I’m a prophet and He said it could, in a dim light, look like a bishop’s mitre.

Oh yes, He also asked me to remind you about His suggestion that you all use spell checkers.
Putanesca Napoli
----------------------------------------
PASTA - You know it makes lunch.

Ubi Dubium
Stripmeister

Postby Ubi Dubium » Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:30 am

Bobby is the only true prophet! As for all others, please remember the Seventh "I'd Really Rather You Didnt":
I'd really rather you didn't go around telling people I talk to you. You're not that interesting. Get over yourself.

But fear not - there is room in the noodly tent for green hats and black olives and even soy-protein meatballs.

RAmen
Open your mind, but not so far your brain falls out

"Hurry up, before we all come to our senses!" - King Julien

TrueBeliever
Ziti Zealot

Postby TrueBeliever » Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:49 am

Is this the beginning of the Seventh "I'd really rather you didn't" Adventists?

Elvalia
Rugger Baby Bunny Bumpers

Postby Elvalia » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:40 pm

TrueBeliever wrote:Is this the beginning of the Seventh "I'd really rather you didn't" Adventists?

I certainly hope not. This was also covered in the frequently asked questions thread:

Alpaca wrote:Q: Hey! Wouldn't it be funny to say that the FSM has spoken to me/come to me in a dream/I am the FSM, and demand that you follow my ignorant, unsubstantiated schism or else be wrong?

A: No.

And there we have it. That plus the seventh I'd really rather you didn't makes two sources that say cut it out.
TwistedSister wrote:El is everyone's buddy. :lurk:
Ubi Dubius wrote:Evilvalia! :shocked:

Putanesca
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby Putanesca » Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:49 am

Oops, did I touch a nerve there?

I do hope we are not in danger of taking ourselves too seriously. Surely a parody of a parody is perfectly acceptable behaviour.

Besides, what true religion would be complete without schisms, infighting and people claiming to have had one on one conversations with the deity of their choice. Examples of the hypocrisy of people following their own personal agenda in the name of said deity are rife throughout the history of all religions, so why not in ours?

And finally, I am actually going to try to make some serious points, but don’t tell anybody yet as that would spoil the fun, well mine at least.

Wait until you hear what the FSM is going to tell me next time He speaks to me.

schisms (?:23) May you be blessed with olives (black for preference)
Putanesca Napoli
----------------------------------------
PASTA - You know it makes lunch.

Elvalia
Rugger Baby Bunny Bumpers

Postby Elvalia » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:54 pm

You touched no nerve. I'm perfectly capable of ignoring those who annoy me. I'm simply pointing out that what you're doing has apparently been noted as a nuisance in the past, and that you might be better off making your serious points in a more serious manner.

I do hope we are not in danger of making too much of a nuisance of ourselves. Surely suggestions made to make forums more orderly and enjoyable are meant to be heeded.
TwistedSister wrote:El is everyone's buddy. :lurk:
Ubi Dubius wrote:Evilvalia! :shocked:

Katimana
Ziti Zealot

Postby Katimana » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:38 pm

I'm colour blind and have a hat that I think is green. What if I find out after all of the pasta is gone and the colander is empty that it was actually red.

OMFSM, what will I do?
To err is human. To arr is Pirate.

Ubi Dubium
Stripmeister

Postby Ubi Dubium » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:04 pm

Katimana wrote:I'm colour blind and have a hat that I think is green. What if I find out after all of the pasta is gone and the colander is empty that it was actually red.

OMFSM, what will I do?

Just have faith that it's green. All you need to do is beeelieeeeve hard enough, and you can get rid of any annoying facts, and subsititute truthiness in their place. The fundies do it all the time.
Open your mind, but not so far your brain falls out

"Hurry up, before we all come to our senses!" - King Julien

TrueBeliever
Ziti Zealot

Postby TrueBeliever » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:42 pm

I started this thread just to have a little fun, and most of the posters seemed to be partaking in that. Just for the record, I do not believe that the FSM has ever spoken to me. I know that I'm not all that interesting to the FSM. I do not believe that I'm in any danger of contravening the 7th IRRYD. And judging from the "Ziti Zealot", etc. designations, some of us are newbies and weren't around when the first, second, and forty-third parody schisms occurred. We cannot read every single post that has ever been written (although I will grant you that I could have read the FAQs first). But, when you think about it, it is only natural that these do happen from time to time, judging from the main focus of Pastafarianism. The parodic elements I used ("must wear green hats") are so silly and unrelated to actual religious doctrine as to be rather innocuous. So, really, if a few people want to have a little fun on a thread on an internet forum one of whose most important tools is humour, what's the big deal? There are some threads I do not find particularly interesting and that's quite O.K. I simply don't read them.

Now for those of you who insist on wearing *purple* hats... :x

Now that's a SERIOUS matter. Ooooo. that makes me SO mad...

Katimana
Ziti Zealot

Postby Katimana » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:39 pm

Please forgive me Oh! Great Noodley One (with extra oregano in your meatballs) but....

...I don't need you to talk to me. I have been gently caressed by the soft (and slightly damp) tenderness of your noodly touch, and know that if no-one else finds me interesting then at least I am interested in my self. Sometimes I just watch myself eat my ramen and sigh contendedly. While wearing my (I think it's green) hat.

Ramen.
To err is human. To arr is Pirate.

Return to “All Things FSM”