PlayBilge Magazine and Centrefolds

Arrr, I be a pirate!

Moderator: All Things Mods

Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Duke » Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:22 pm

I came about my ARGH 9000 when I was down in the Caribbean. I needed some intercontinental transportation, when I laid my eyes on a ARGH 9000. I snuck on and silently threw the crew overboard.

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen

black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby black bart » Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:03 am

Strapline from National Muskit Association:

THE NMA - BANGIN' YOUR TROUBLES AWAY

YYYAAARRR Me an the crew be interested in joinin this ere NMA. Be there a monthly subscription and does ye get a discount for bein a PlayBilge reader?

Also do all the members look like the president?
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.

Tickle
Brewmeister

Postby Tickle » Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:40 pm

Duke wrote:I came about my ARGH 9000 when I was down in the Caribbean. I needed some intercontinental transportation, when I laid my eyes on a ARGH 9000. I snuck on and silently threw the crew overboard.

Duke

Oi thought I'd seen tha' ninja-pirate before. You cost me a an arm an' a peg-leg on me insurance... Lucky oi could swim...
Thought of the Day:

"The purpose of life is a life of purpose." ~ Robert Byrne

LibraLabRat
Humble Hermit

Postby LibraLabRat » Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:30 pm

CHinese made SKS, and a girl from www.redstararms.com

Good taste,
Davel.

YAERRRRR :fsm_yarr:
'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes."
-James Morrow

DaveL
Site Admin

Postby DaveL » Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:48 pm

LibraLabRat wrote:CHinese made SKS, and a girl from www.redstararms.com

Good taste,
Davel.

YAERRRRR :fsm_yarr:

YArrrrr...

But where's their pirate patches?

We may have to balance the content and present a few of the Bilge crew clad in G-strings wielding their weapons around.

Arghhhhh...
Loosely Canonising and keeping it free for all Pastafarians
http://www.loose-canon.info/

DaveL
Site Admin

Postby DaveL » Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:56 pm

black bart wrote:Strapline from National Muskit Association:

THE NMA - BANGIN' YOUR TROUBLES AWAY

YYYAAARRR Me an the crew be interested in joinin this ere NMA. Be there a monthly subscription and does ye get a discount for bein a PlayBilge reader?

Also do all the members look like the president?

Arghhhh...

Yes indeedy to all those questions Black Bart. 20% percent off Oi believe.

In fact, the apparel she be wearin' is your standard dress at all NMA gatherin's - men included. Her boots be a special combat issue.

Just don't try aimin' that weapon wearin' two eye patches.

YArrrrrr...
Loosely Canonising and keeping it free for all Pastafarians
http://www.loose-canon.info/

Duke

Postby Duke » Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:24 pm

Tickle wrote:
Duke wrote:I came about my ARGH 9000 when I was down in the Caribbean. I needed some intercontinental transportation, when I laid my eyes on a ARGH 9000. I snuck on and silently threw the crew overboard.

Duke

Oi thought I'd seen tha' ninja-pirate before. You cost me a an arm an' a peg-leg on me insurance... Lucky oi could swim...

Ye had it insured? Good man!

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Qwertyuiopasd » Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:56 pm

arr! oi believe a yoing an' "hip" privateer moight say "ye got served" in this situation
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.

Duke

Postby Duke » Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:36 pm

Qwertyuiopasd wrote:arr! oi believe a yoing an' "hip" privateer moight say "ye got served" in this situation

Or: Ya Got Shut Down!!!

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen

black bart
Resident Weevil

Lingo

Postby black bart » Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:04 am

Ye baint be speekin pirate lingo thar young uns - do I detect from yer Street Savvy speak that bein
'Shot Down'

means havin yer advances rejected by a wench?
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Qwertyuiopasd » Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:59 pm

nar, yesse, Dukey-san called Dave a "good man". qoite the insult if'n ye ask me.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.

Duke

Postby Duke » Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:22 pm

Qwertyuiopasd wrote:nar, yesse, Dukey-san called Dave a "good man". qoite the insult if'n ye ask me.

Good, in yer own baaad way.

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen

black bart
Resident Weevil

Just Visiting

Postby black bart » Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:02 am

YYYARRR - I be well pleased with me Aarghh 9000. Me and the crew have made some necessary modifications however. Thars the BFG fitted on the focsle, a shark cage for lowerin scurvy blaggards down into the briny to give em encouragement to tells me where be their treasure, a satelite dish for picken up local TV and a sea food emporium for visitin dignitaries. We once had a Spanish Duke on board and he complained about the bittles - just before we fed him to the sharks!

_Tex_
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby _Tex_ » Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:17 am

Oid loike to put forth moi candidate fer miss february.
name- miss Tammy
occupation- apprentice boat builder
turn ons- big ships, tattoos
turn offs- sea sickness, the Royal Navy

ACOUSTIC WEAPONRY- making really loud noises for His Noodley self
www.acousticweaponry.com

teripie
Birthday Scribe

Postby teripie » Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:05 am

Miss Tammy do look a little wooden ta me. But then Oi suppose she be very quiet.
-----(\ /)------
-----(o.o)-----
----(> <)-----
This is Bunny.
Bunny, as cute and cuddley as he may appear, is bent on world domination.
To achieve this he has decided to start by taking over teh intarweb, a step towards his ultimate goal.
To help him complete his quest and therefore ensure bunny domination, copy and paste him into your sig

Return to “Pirate Discussion”