The Last Post Thread, 2.0

Non-FSM topics and the ubiquitous Last Post Gyro Shop.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

black bart
Resident Weevil

Re: The Last Post Thread, 2.0

Postby black bart » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:00 am

Last Post knowing ^'d have been proud of me, I had three pints of ESB and a curry on my birthday...and a pint of Cobra...and a brandy.
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.

daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Postby daftbeaker » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:09 am

Three pints of ESB on an empty stomach? You must have been merry :bounce:

Las Pose.
Too old to give up but too young to rest - Pete Townshend

I would rather be a rising ape than a falling angel - Sir Terry Pratchett

Arkaeon
Lumache Lieutenant

Postby Arkaeon » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:31 pm

Spicing up booze is an ancient and honorable alchemical tradition... because it tastes good if you do it right.
Anyone who can't tell bad booze because of the spicing... deserves to drink bad booze.
Captain Morgan is pretty good for soft, mild drinks or just neat/water/ice. It has that smoothness to not offend.
For sharper/fruitier/richer drinks, I like a stronger, spicier rum like "Blackheart" (my current fav)

Is this my last post about rum? Not likely!
But for today, this IS my...

Last post.
In case you didn't realize it, I DO have a sense of humor. How about you?
"I will not fear. Fear is the mind-killer... I will face my fear. I will let it pass over and through me, and when it has gone, only I will remain." --The Bene Gesserit
"Time is a spiral. Space is a curve. I know you get dizzy, but try not to lose your nerve." -- Neil Peart
"I'm not in the ship. I am the ship." -- River Tam
"The truth is simple. It's the lies that get complicated." -- me
"No matter where you go, there you are." --Buckaroo Banzai

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Qwertyuiopasd » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:55 pm

Last Post before (finally) seeing The Social Network. Is it weird to feel obligated to watch movies that are likely Oscar nominees? I'm probably also more of a soundtrack junkie than most, and I do like me some Trent Reznor.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.

TwistedSister
Desperate, twisted cookie pusher

Postby TwistedSister » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:18 pm

I've some Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum, Sauza Tequila Gold, Fleishmanns Vodka, Absolut Vodka, Gordon's Gin, Canadian Club Whisky and Southern Comfort all just sitting there collecting dust because I prefer my wine.
Which, I guess, is a good thing, cuz if I drank that stuff every night I'd be making a plee for a liver transplant donor.
Anyone for drinks?
Oh, last post with a cabinet full of booze.
* If evolution is just a theory, religion is just an opinion.
* You never know when I'll be watching.

Almighty Doer of Stuff
Brewmeister

Postby Almighty Doer of Stuff » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:22 am

I have nothing of my own. I hope to celebrate getting my driver's license (whenever that happens) by buying a bottle of Captain Morgan and a bottle of Kahlua, though. These ought to last me a long time, the way I drink.
[email protected]#@#@#@#@!!! CAUTION: THIS PERSON DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT. DISREGARD ANY APPEALS TO AUTHORITY, EXPERIENCE, OR ROMANTIC PROWESS. ANY CORRECT INFORMATION YOU RECEIVE FROM THIS MAN IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL. [email protected]#@#@#@#@!!!
-------------------------------
The Almighty Website of Stuff, home of my poetry and other artwork and other stuff!

Clifford
Humble Hermit

Postby Clifford » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:45 pm

Hm.
Clifford

By the power invested in me by tabloid-reading imbeciles, I name you a pedo-dog!

The Pedo-Finder General

RAmen

TwistedSister

Postby TwistedSister » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:03 pm

I am going home. Yes, right now.
Last post.

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Qwertyuiopasd » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:55 pm

Last Post before relatives. :paranoid:
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.

TwistedSister

Postby TwistedSister » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:05 pm

^ I understand 100%. Good luck with your cheeks getting pinched!

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Qwertyuiopasd » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:12 pm

Survived, at least this first day.

Last Joyeux Noel Post

Arkaeon
Lumache Lieutenant

Postby Arkaeon » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:29 am

This following is an actually positively true story!

I remember being 14 and walking along a fence I had helped build in the woods behind my house. As I walked along that fence, I thought of all the work I had put into it:

I had, with ax and shovel and firepit, done most of the clearing of brush and small trees out of the section of scrubby woods that was bounded by the fence, to give it a parklike appearance with lofty oaks, elms, and birches rising as lords above the short, shaded grass. I had helped build the 30-meter long i-beam & rail-tie bridge to that parcel of woods from the back lawn, over a brook, learning about welding and cutting steel, working with concrete, and setting footings, among other things. You could literally drive a car over that bridge. We did (a '79 VW Rabbit). We also drove a Bobcat endloader over it to level the ground.

I had helped cut and section and haul the thick, upright poles for the fence. They were made of burr oak, the infamous ironwood, and one of the trees had actually fallen on my head in the process (I wasn't the one who cut it to fall in the wrong direction, but the incident may help explain some things about me). They were culled from another family property some hundreds of kilometers away in the north woods of Wisconsin.

I had dug the holes to set the trunk sections in, and then helped nail up the cross-boards that completed the fence. It was a long, trying labor of almost two years altogether, and I was proud of my efforts as I walked along that newly painted fence. Then, I cut short my ruminations as I came to the end of its run, turning away to walk into the deeper forest, leaving behind the fence and its story when I got to the... last post.
In case you didn't realize it, I DO have a sense of humor. How about you?
"I will not fear. Fear is the mind-killer... I will face my fear. I will let it pass over and through me, and when it has gone, only I will remain." --The Bene Gesserit
"Time is a spiral. Space is a curve. I know you get dizzy, but try not to lose your nerve." -- Neil Peart
"I'm not in the ship. I am the ship." -- River Tam
"The truth is simple. It's the lies that get complicated." -- me
"No matter where you go, there you are." --Buckaroo Banzai

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Qwertyuiopasd » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:28 am

Last cool story bro Post

Clifford
Humble Hermit

Postby Clifford » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:21 pm

That had me distracted almost to the point of forgetting about the Last Post
Clifford

By the power invested in me by tabloid-reading imbeciles, I name you a pedo-dog!

The Pedo-Finder General

RAmen

TwistedSister

Postby TwistedSister » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:17 pm

Last "why am I still at work?" post.
I'll tell you why. Because I have to get my hair done and I drive right past the salon on my way home and I don't want to drive past it, go home and then go back again.
That's why.

Return to “Miscellaneous Discussion”