The New Convert Thread - MAKE YOUR FIRST POST HERE

This is the section that includes the forum rules, and standard operating procedures. You can't post to the rest of the forum until you've posted here. Don't bother trying.

Moderators: Other Stuff Mods, Serious Mods, All Things Mods, phpBB2 - Administrators

Karban
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Re: The New Convert Thread - MAKE YOUR FIRST POST HERE

Postby Karban » Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:12 pm

Garrr Matey.......... be this the forst religion thats made headlines on our major news services here in the colonies - yes we have cardboard televisions powered by treadmills, but the spaghetti trees are always in bloom.

All praise his noodly appendage.

Garrrrr
Any Pirate worth his Parrot would give both his wooden legs for a chance at this....Garrr Matey!!!!

Isssthmus! Isthmus? Issthmus! Issssthmus!

spaghetti_hippie
Conchigliette Convert

Postby spaghetti_hippie » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:32 pm

3lke wrote:
spaghetti_hippie wrote:Hi,
If anyone knows if there is any protocol for setting up chapters or churches for this aw enspiring religion I would definately appreciate the help.

Let his noodley appendage always guide your way,
The Spaghetti Hippie

I don't think our great noodley lord would like this...
see the 8 ' i rather you didn't's'

Pasta 2 y'll,
RAmen

There is nothing within the 8 rather you didn'ts that says you can't create a place of communal gathering for those that believe or give others the choice of hearing an alternative to most dogmatic religions. I am in no way trying to oppress, subjugate, punish, or evicerate others; and I am not trying to be "holier-than-thou" in my spreading of his word. I have read the 8 I rather you didn'ts many times over and if I am wrong in my earlier statement I would welcome your interpretation.
The Spaghetti Hippie

Fishbone
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Fishbone » Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:36 am

I have been a closet Pastafarian for some time, secretly coveting the neat mugs and shirts and car emblems. There is no longer any way I can hide my love of spaghetti, penne alla arrabiatta, and other great bounty of His creation.

Vaya con el Monstruo de Espagueti Volador.

3lke
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby 3lke » Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:16 am

spaghetti_hippie wrote:
3lke wrote:
spaghetti_hippie wrote:Hi,
If anyone knows if there is any protocol for setting up chapters or churches for this aw enspiring religion I would definately appreciate the help.

The Spaghetti Hippie

I don't think our great noodley lord would like this...
see the 8 ' i rather you didn't's'

Pasta 2 y'll,
RAmen

There is nothing within the 8 rather you didn'ts that says you can't create a place of communal gathering for those that believe or give others the choice of hearing an alternative to most dogmatic religions. I am in no way trying to oppress, subjugate, punish, or evicerate others; and I am not trying to be "holier-than-thou" in my spreading of his word. I have read the 8 I rather you didn'ts many times over and if I am wrong in my earlier statement I would welcome your interpretation.

I didn't ment the "place of communal gathering for those that believe", but the church thing.

I'd really rather you didn't build multi million-dollar synagogues / churches / temples / mosques / shrines to my noodly goodness when the money could be better spent (take your pick):
Ending poverty
Curing diseases
Living in peace, loving with passion, and lowering the cost of cable
Peace, love, chocola & FSM

Cheese
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Cheese » Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:34 am

I will confess that I have had my doubts over the years (a Spagnostic? - Yikes!).

But I like Cheese on my Pasta and I figure that's all the proof I really need. And also a large chunk of my life has involved Beer and Strippers and kinda hard to find a religion that considers that a good thing, let alone a form of worship.......
their are folk whose job it is to suck the fun out of everything - including FSM - they be called the stick worshippers :worship:

Pumpkin
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Pumpkin » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:28 am

I'm currently new to the forums here having only recently learned of the FSM/Pastafarian "faith". I've read about this on various websites and I must say, I've not laughed so hard in my life. The arguements put forth are hilarious but also relevant and intelligent, and they aren't a mix of the same boring tripe forced upon us by Christians and the like. I'm not usually one to contribute much, but I hope to learn a lot about the FSM, etc. Reading the blogs and such about FSM were so funny, it made my day! Anyway, thanks and I'll see you soon!
The problem is not the lack of tolerance, but the tolerance of ignorance.

spaghetti_hippie
Conchigliette Convert

Postby spaghetti_hippie » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:05 am

There is nothing within the 8 rather you didn'ts that says you can't create a place of communal gathering for those that believe or give others the choice of hearing an alternative to most dogmatic religions. I am in no way trying to oppress, subjugate, punish, or evicerate others; and I am not trying to be "holier-than-thou" in my spreading of his word. I have read the 8 I rather you didn'ts many times over and if I am wrong in my earlier statement I would welcome your interpretation.[/quote]

I didn't ment the "place of communal gathering for those that believe", but the church thing.

I'd really rather you didn't build multi million-dollar synagogues / churches / temples / mosques / shrines to my noodly goodness when the money could be better spent (take your pick):
Ending poverty
Curing diseases
Living in peace, loving with passion, and lowering the cost of cable[/quote]

Ah I didn't think that was the "rather you didn't" you were referencing. I am in no way trying to create a multi million-dollar anything, first I would have to be out of college for that. I am currently trying to find a way to get pastafarians recognized as a valid religion on my campus, that is all I was trying to figure out. Sorry for any mistakes my original statement could have created.
The Spaghetti Hippie

Plump Lemming

I'm new.

Postby Plump Lemming » Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:54 pm

I'm honored to be here at the FSM Discussion forums.

Although I'm more of a lurker than a poster, I'm sure I'll be able to at least give a little to the site.

Shamar
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Shamar » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:17 pm

Hey, my name is Shamar, I converted a long time ago but I have never posted till now. I figured it was about time.

Detective TurtleHolmes
Clouseau's Protege

Postby Detective TurtleHolmes » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:10 am

Welcome, ye scurvy deckswabs!
A flap of the wings yesterday means big changes tomorrow.
Let's work together to keep the present inevitable.

So yeah, I went and got a blog.

black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby black bart » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:28 am

Detective TurtleHolmes wrote:Welcome, ye scurvy deckswabs!

They aint got Scurvy yet...but they soon will ave, harr harrr.
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.

eosmusashi

Postby eosmusashi » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:02 pm

My name is Eduardo, I'm a new Pastafarian Convert from Guadalajara, Mexico

FSM has reached Mexico! :D All cheer up and drown in Beer and Pasta!
Long live to His Noodliness, may his noodly appendage reach the whole Universe
RAmen

ButlerianJihad
Conchigliette Convert

Postby ButlerianJihad » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:17 pm

My name is Ted Jamison, and I'm bad at writing any kind of introduction.

I've long been a fan of the FSM, but only recently discovered this website.

Figured I should make a post.

Uh.. yeah... that's it for now.

DaveL
Site Admin

Postby DaveL » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:19 am

Welcome to the forums of His Holiness mateys!
Loosely Canonising and keeping it free for all Pastafarians
http://www.loose-canon.info/

lord^pesto
Conchigliette Convert

Postby lord^pesto » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:08 am

aargh i be the lord pesto. i been pastafarian for a while and was refered to this site by a fellow pastafarian. i have read the gospel and am spreading the word to my mates as the opportunities present themselves. its grog time...

Return to “Standards and Practices”