The New Convert Thread - MAKE YOUR FIRST POST HERE

This is the section that includes the forum rules, and standard operating procedures. You can't post to the rest of the forum until you've posted here. Don't bother trying.

Moderators: Other Stuff Mods, Serious Mods, All Things Mods, phpBB2 - Administrators

Fooblykong
Ziti Zealot

Postby Fooblykong » Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:39 pm

Ahh... Finally a religion that doesn't require you to be a hard-ass
woot

blackeyedbutch
Agnolini Admiral

Postby blackeyedbutch » Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:42 pm

Fooblykong wrote:Ahh... Finally a religion that doesn't require you to be a hard-ass

nope we have very flimsy moral standards you could be the anti-FSM and we still wouldn't care

PAID FOR BY THE COMMITEE TO HELP PROTECT THE HOMELESS FROM ZOMBIE INVASIONS

Zankou
Brewmeister

Postby Zankou » Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:43 pm

Fooblykong wrote:Ahh... Finally a religion that doesn't require you to be a hard-ass

I know!!1 isnt it grand!!!1
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
--Adam Savage, Mythbusters

"Oh what a tangled web we weave, When first we practise to deceive!"
--Sir Walter Scott, Marmion, Canto vi. Stanza 17.

"Take what you can!", "Give nothing back!"
--Pirates of the Caribbean

Zankou, Vice Fuhrer of The Grammar Nazis.

Click here!

Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Duke » Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:50 pm

Ah... Flimsy Moral Standards... :)

Welcome, everybody! :mrgreen:

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen

TouchedByANoodle
Conchigliette Convert

Postby TouchedByANoodle » Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:03 am

Hello all...I am the latest who has been touched by his appendage. I tip my pirate hat to everyone.

Zankou
Brewmeister

Postby Zankou » Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:59 am

Welcome to the world of lax moral standards!!!
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
--Adam Savage, Mythbusters

"Oh what a tangled web we weave, When first we practise to deceive!"
--Sir Walter Scott, Marmion, Canto vi. Stanza 17.

"Take what you can!", "Give nothing back!"
--Pirates of the Caribbean

Zankou, Vice Fuhrer of The Grammar Nazis.

Click here!

Sirius
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Sirius » Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:02 pm

I will obey my noodly master

MyCatsDrool
Conchigliette Convert

Postby MyCatsDrool » Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:54 am

Hello

While I have heard about the FSM for about 2 years now, today was my official Holy Suck ceremony. I was considering Burroughsology (similar to the faith of Scientology, in that it is based on the fictional writings of a silly man from the 1950's. I do hate to lump a great Beat in with LRon and the E-metered Thetans, but hey...I had to do something. My boyfriend and I actually discussed this in detail today, considering adopting the practise of shooting up, then he would allow me to place an apple upon his head and shoot it with my pistol. The apple would 'adsorb' all negative brain energies, and my shot, if on target would symbolize their destruction (see The Naked Lunch for details of this W.S. Burroughs and Ladyfriend pastime), if missed, well no problems since he would have become absorbed into the Land of Solid Diggery (LSD)), but, after research and concern that my epilepsy may be caused not by neurological damage, but leftover effects of not taking enough peyote to enjoy my trip thouroughly and having residual discomfort in the form of Haryduacks (similar to Body Thetans), we stumbled upon the greatness that is the Holy Sauced One.

So, in the short time since then, we have recruited 6 additional converts, and begun training our children (our cats, actually) in Ninjaism. Our middle daughter, LBC (stands for Little Black Cat), has already captured a house gecko with her Ninja skills, and sacrificed it to the Great Bowl. While we were very proud of her efforts, we did have to gently remind her that sacrifices are not needed by His Noodlyness, rather, He prefers Saucrements. She says she will attempt to not be tempted by the house geckos in the future.

However, upon reflection, her scientific nature is indeed to do so, so, we believe FSM would be proud of His child, and rewarded her with a meatball.

After our decision was made, we cooked a large pot of Pasta on the Altar of Stove, after tossing pennies in the water and making wishes, removing them, and adding salt, as in the more traditional practise. We topped the Pasta with Oodles of delicious sauce with lots of Garlic, toasted our beers, said "Arr! Matey! Ye Be a Great Swashbuckling Scalawag!", drank and slurped. The moment the Holy Suck was complete, I knew we had made the right choice.

Thank you, fellow Pirates, Ninjas, SPAMS, Mooms and all other sects. You have given us a spiritual home.

MCD, Englewood.
I am pasta, therefore I am.

Dion
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Dion » Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:37 am

:worship: :fsm:

What more is there to say?

blackeyedbutch
Agnolini Admiral

Postby blackeyedbutch » Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:38 am

Dion wrote::worship: :fsm:

What more is there to say?

RAmen

PAID FOR BY THE COMMITEE TO HELP PROTECT THE HOMELESS FROM ZOMBIE INVASIONS

Carpets
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Carpets » Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:55 am

Finally, a religion that makes sense to me. :worship:

heart machine
Conchigliette Convert

the faithful

Postby heart machine » Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:44 pm

:fsm: :fsm: :fsm: :fsm: :fsm: :fsm: :fsm: :fsm: :fsm: :fsm: :fsm:

All ye faithful, FSM has allowed me to see the Pasta!

Nullifidian
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Nullifidian » Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:05 pm

:worship: :fsm:

I genuflect before his noodiliness.

In real life, I'm a biology and music grad student at the University of Kansas in Lawrence (only a 25 minute drive from Topeka, home of the infamous Kansas State Board of Education).

As a composer, my next big musical project after my current one is going to be a FSM oratorio.

Sampan
Conchigliette Convert

Canadian Convert

Postby Sampan » Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:03 pm

It is a pleasure to be a part of the global Pastafarian community. Unfortunately there are many Creationists/I.D nut-bars in my University Biology course here in Toronto. Yes they are University science students and refuse to understand science. It makes my blood boil! At least the professor is on the Pastafarian side :worship:

iamspyderman
Conchigliette Convert

Postby iamspyderman » Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:26 pm

:worship: :fsm_float: I'm a new convert to Pastafarianism. I'm a high school senior, planning to graduate in May of this year and move on to college, pursuing a degree in Computer Science. I.D. is about the stupidest, most redundant thing I've ever heard.

May all know the wonderful touch of His Noodly Appendage!

Return to “Standards and Practices”