The New Convert Thread - MAKE YOUR FIRST POST HERE

This is the section that includes the forum rules, and standard operating procedures. You can't post to the rest of the forum until you've posted here. Don't bother trying.

Moderators: Other Stuff Mods, Serious Mods, All Things Mods, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cuddly_Carpy
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Cuddly_Carpy » Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:31 am

Hugs :)

EarthRise
Hox God

Postby EarthRise » Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:07 am

Cuddly_Carpy wrote:Hugs :)

Srsly. Everyone could use more hugs.
[...] the difficulty of believing that a perfect and complex eye could be formed by natural selection, though insuperable by our imagination, should not be considered as subversive of the theory.
-Darwin

devbanana
Conchigliette Convert

Postby devbanana » Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:53 am

Hi,

I'm glad to be here. :D

His noodliness showed me the light of truth a while ago; like, yesterday. OK so really I found the link on Wikipedia and found this web site hilarious. I especially love reading all the comments to the hate mails. :D

So I guess I'm a convert. I even bought two of the shirts today! I can't wait to wear 'em.

On a serious note, if that's appropriate in this thread. Warning: The following is a bit long but I have to get it out!

I'm appalled that a school within the United States actually wanted to teach intelligent design in its science classes. Perhaps I'm just isolated in suburbia in Pennsylvania, but I had no idea such debates were actually occurring within this country. What happened to good ol' separation of church and state? What happened to freedom of religion, especially if only ID is taught? I'm scared of the direction in which this country is quickly heading.

It seems there has been progress over the last few decades, such as prayer being taken out of schools, but now I hope we don't start going backwards.

If I may say so, the fundamentalists seem arrogant, no, definitely are arrogant, in their belief that their faith should be honored and even taught in schools, and that other faiths or even the possibility of no faith, should not be honored. Makes me sick, really.

I, myself, am not sure where I stand in the way of beliefs. I am definitely not a Christian, but I do have some beliefs in a spiritual sense, just not belonging to any organized religion. I believe mostly what makes sense to me, but right now I'm not too sure about it. I'm really striving to figure out exactly what I believe, but of course I still hold science as true, and yes, evolution.

I admit that I find the concept way too frightening to admit that there's the possibility nothing created us, and that this life is it. I just can't bring myself to accept that, because, well, who wants to die and have nothing else to look forward to? to think we're some universal accident, so to speak, while entirely feasable, I just cannot digest.

Either way though, you can count me among the ranks of the believers in his noodliness. :fsm:
This message was brought to you by the pasta-loving banana.

ken worley
King of the Pervs

Postby ken worley » Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:11 am

Pennsylvania, huh?...
I live in Monroeville.
Do you know any hot local girls that are looking to party?...

*covers body in anticipatory layer of sour cream*

devbanana
Conchigliette Convert

Postby devbanana » Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:26 pm

ken worley wrote:Pennsylvania, huh?...
I live in Monroeville.
Do you know any hot local girls that are looking to party?...

*covers body in anticipatory layer of sour cream*

Uh, no... :?

You're about 90 miles west of me though. not sure if that's a good thing or I should run.

ken worley
King of the Pervs

Postby ken worley » Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:30 pm

devbanana wrote:...

You're about 90 miles west of me though. not sure if that's a good thing or I should run.

I would triple that, at a minimum, were I you.... :fsm_ninja:

devbanana
Conchigliette Convert

Postby devbanana » Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:34 pm

ken worley wrote:
devbanana wrote:...

I would triple that, at a minimum, were I you.... :fsm_ninja:

OK, immediatley. Wel just let me finish my meal, first, please? Then I'll begin my migration to...oh wait why would I tell you?

:pirate_fish:

Mustbjokin
Conchigliette Convert

Agnostic

Postby Mustbjokin » Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:37 pm

I have been reading a lot about Pastafarianism and the FSM and am close to being converted but I have a few questions that i hope a more experienced believer can help with. With persuasive answers I may be ready to leave my current agnostic position behind ...

1. In my experience pasta noodles dry out very quickly and I cannot understand how the FSM can travel through the air for very long at all without drying out and becoming hard and, frankly, inedible. How does he do it?

2. Is there a vegetarian option?

3. The claim that the FSM created the Universe begs the question - who created the FSM? I have the germ of a theory that he may have come into this universe through a hole in a colander in another universe. Is there a pasta multiverse theory already, or will I be the first to pose the question?

Thank you in anticipation.

Yours in pasta.

MBJ
Looking to learn

devbanana
Conchigliette Convert

Re: Agnostic

Postby devbanana » Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:55 pm

Mustbjokin wrote:I have been reading a lot about Pastafarianism and the FSM and am close to being converted but I have a few questions that i hope a more experienced believer can help with. With persuasive answers I may be ready to leave my current agnostic position behind ...

I'll answer what I can to my best ability. I'm a seasoned believer of 2 days.:worship:

Mustbjokin wrote:1. In my experience pasta noodles dry out very quickly and I cannot understand how the FSM can travel through the air for very long at all without drying out and becoming hard and, frankly, inedible. How does he do it?

Our worldly noodles, though created in his noodlinesses image, are inevitably imperfect. That is not the property of himself, though, I don't think. While he does sometimes drink too much from the volcano, he fairs better than our worldly noodles.

Mustbjokin wrote:2. Is there a vegetarian option?

pastafarianism is all about tolerance, so you'll be tolerated whether or not you eat spaghetti. You just have to find your own personal way to worship.

Mustbjokin wrote:3. The claim that the FSM created the Universe begs the question - who created the FSM? I have the germ of a theory that he may have come into this universe through a hole in a colander in another universe. Is there a pasta multiverse theory already, or will I be the first to pose the question?

I don't know the answer to this. But if he did, then someone would have had to create that universe, right? And given that his noodliness is the ultimate creator, that's just blasphemous.

I think it more logical that he always existed. I mean something can't come out of nothing, right? :wink: So he had to have existed forever.

I'm of the opinion that one night, he just had a little too much to drink from the volcano and came up with one of those bright ideas to create the universe. But that's just my theory.

Mustbjokin
Conchigliette Convert

Volcano?

Postby Mustbjokin » Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:00 pm

Volcano?

MBJ
Looking to learn

devbanana
Conchigliette Convert

Re: Volcano?

Postby devbanana » Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:08 pm

Mustbjokin wrote:Volcano?

MBJ

Surely you have heard of the beer volcano that awaits us in heaven?

Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Duke » Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:00 pm

If you haven't already, I recommend that ya'll read the FAQ:

http://www.venganza.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3517

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen

Mustbjokin
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Mustbjokin » Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:38 pm

Nobody told me about the beer volcano in Heaven. Count me in, I'm converted!

MBJ
Looking to learn

devbanana
Conchigliette Convert

Postby devbanana » Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:43 pm

Mustbjokin wrote:Nobody told me about the beer volcano in Heaven. Count me in, I'm converted!

MBJ

Wow, you are poorly informed then.

You her about the stripper factory? 8)

Nziz
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Nziz » Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:51 pm

I have heard of both, and deem them both to be Wondrous Things.
Also, these emoticons are AWESOME. :twisted: :pirate_fish: :fsm_rock:
I'm so glad I came. :mrgreen:
:worship: :fsm_float:
Comic: Chronicles of Salterre
Wisdom: "Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."

Return to “Standards and Practices”