The New Convert Thread - MAKE YOUR FIRST POST HERE

This is the section that includes the forum rules, and standard operating procedures. You can't post to the rest of the forum until you've posted here. Don't bother trying.

Moderators: Other Stuff Mods, Serious Mods, All Things Mods, phpBB2 - Administrators

RenaissanceMan
Conchigliette Convert

Re: The New Convert Thread - MAKE YOUR FIRST POST HERE

Postby RenaissanceMan » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:25 am

To "Dr." Otis Lansa

Esteemed Pasta Person, your "funny" DNA double helix displays a profound ignorance that should sadden all thinking people.

Your top row is four and one half links across.
The next row is five and one half links plus another quarter link.
The bottom link is but three and one half links.

Real DNA, as anyone the slightest bit familiar with biology knows, has two polypeptide links. Purine bases are adenine and guanine, while pyramidine bases are cytosine and guanine.

Come, let us reason together, and not promote such silliness as the excessive linkages and half-linkages "Dr." Otis Lansa portrays.

ChowMein
Stripmeister

Postby ChowMein » Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:39 am

Yarr thARRRRRR reno scents man ! Doc Otis taint reely a doc , soze cut him a wee bit ove slack

RenaissanceMan
Conchigliette Convert

Postby RenaissanceMan » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:46 pm

ChowMein wrote:Yarr thARRRRRR reno scents man ! Doc Otis taint reely a doc , soze cut him a wee bit ove slack

Slack that you never ever cut those FSM worshippers, eh wot?

Detective TurtleHolmes
Clouseau's Protege

Postby Detective TurtleHolmes » Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:54 am

RenaissanceMan wrote:
ChowMein wrote:Yarr thARRRRRR reno scents man ! Doc Otis taint reely a doc , soze cut him a wee bit ove slack

Slack that you never ever cut those FSM worshippers, eh wot?

Look. If you want to be rude and trollish for your entire stay here, which, I warn you, will most likely not be long, you have to understand us, and provide reasoned and justified arguments. You won't get anywhere being a belligerent jackass.

If you want to point out logical fallacies in someone's avatar, which is quite often not intended to be serious, be prepared to be disappointed. Nobody cares.

And, might I ask, are you insinuating by saying "Slack that you never ever cut those FSM worshippers, eh wot?"
If you mean we do not cut the newcomers any slack, you have been sorely misinformed. We welcome the converts, give them some spreading room, and encourage them, unless they appear to be like you, which we get a few of, we quite like them. When I joined, I immediately noticed the friendly inner nature of the place, so difficult to find on the internet. So, if you want the other side of the internet, please, the door is that way.

I realise that you will likely quote some debate from another part of the board, where there is some argument going on. The thing is: We like to argue with each other. If we all cared so much about hating one another, and everything else, as you would have us believe, none of us would be here.
We're like a very large extended family. Sure, we get into arguments from time to time, but we like it here.

I apologise to all new converts for this extended post, and welcome you to our domain. Please, take a seat, a bowl of pasta, slip on your eye patch and enjoy yourselves.
A flap of the wings yesterday means big changes tomorrow.
Let's work together to keep the present inevitable.

So yeah, I went and got a blog.

Detective TurtleHolmes
Clouseau's Protege

Postby Detective TurtleHolmes » Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:42 am

Scotchick wrote:Hello to all Pastafarians!

I'm scotchick and I have recently been touched by His Noodly Appendage. I discovered Him by accident, but have come here seeking like-minded people.

Welcome! Here's your Gospel, and your hook. (It's for your hand, or lack thereof.)

Hope you enjoy yourself!
A flap of the wings yesterday means big changes tomorrow.
Let's work together to keep the present inevitable.

So yeah, I went and got a blog.

Auntie Blackbeard
Gramigna Grand Admiral

Postby Auntie Blackbeard » Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:11 am

OOooOOoooohhh, me dearies! We hope ye have a gud toime in Venganza, an' ye widdle newbiew-wewbies kin drop by me Crows Nest anytoime!

Ta ta, dearies, an' bring a plate o' scones wit' ye!
Ye Crows Nest be open fer business me dearies.

Stubee
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Stubee » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:55 pm

Ahoy there me fellow hearties, tis I Stubee from a distant land of Dragons and fire.

I have the heart of a barnucle and the unshakable faith of a salted seaoned fore deck spindle!

Any Pastafarians needin me crutch - feel free to call on me!

Arrrrr - Arrrrgh! (Glaring of me one good eye).

ken worley
King of the Pervs

Postby ken worley » Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:46 pm

RenaissanceMan wrote:To "Dr." Otis Lansa

Esteemed Pasta Person, your "funny" DNA double helix displays a profound ignorance that should sadden all thinking people.

Shouldn't all thinking people have already been saddened long before this?

tris
Vermicelli Vizier

Postby tris » Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:06 pm

Edd wrote: the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster is the only religion that encourages you to try it out for thirty days, risk free! If youre not satisfied after thirty days, you get your soul back with no obligations or strings attached!
What happens after 30 days? Your soul belongs to the FSM for all eternity and any move towards apostasy is punished with fire and brimstone and strangulation by a noodly appendage??
I joined up over a month ago... Now you've got me worried!
BTW... I'm getting used to the whole "inner Circle" thing you'll be glad to know... It's a rather smaller audience than I'd prefer and these Forum discussions have a habit of tailing off... but they're fun while they last and kinda homely in a funny way... Anyway... What comes up must come down... all good things come to an end.. Panta Rei... Carpe Diem... etc...
What’s this shitty place? I’m off to another Kali Yuga! Brahma
Are we a butterfly’s dream or is the butterfly our dream - and who really gives a toss? Lao Tsu
Quit hassling me, you sicko! Job
What? You gonna waste all of ‘em? Even the falafel sellers? Lot
Ya mean I gotta honour them fuckers that dumped me in the Nile!? Moses
WHERE THE HELL DID I PARK MY DAMN KARMA! ShakeYerMuni Buddha
Don’t step on my blue-suede sandals! Blue blue blue-suede sandals! Ol’ J C
You what Gabe!? Not even a wee sausage after Ramadan? Moham
Oh shit! It’s gonna be one of them bad-vibe incarnations! Dalai L

Edd
Stripmeister

Postby Edd » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:41 pm

After 30 days you’re condemned to suffer eternity in the FSM version of Heaven, complete with Beer Volcanoes and Stripper Factories.
"Oook." - The Librarian

Visit the new and improved Agnoistrology.com!

tris
Vermicelli Vizier

Postby tris » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:50 pm

Edd wrote: After 30 days you’re condemned to suffer eternity in the FSM version of Heaven, complete with Beer Volcanoes and Stripper Factories.

Oh... that's not so bad, I guess... but eternity is a loooooooooooong fucking time! Still as long as you don't get a beer gut for all eternity and you can still "get it up" for all eternity I think I'll subscribe!
So, even if I renege on the FSM I still get the Beer and Strippers? I mean that's like getting your money back AND keeping the goods! What other religion can boast as much??
Are we a butterfly’s dream or is the butterfly our dream - and who really gives a toss? Lao Tsu

sharzah
Ziti Zealot

Postby sharzah » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:45 pm

OK, I'm not a new convert to Pastfarianism, but I am newly registered to the forums. And my profuse apologies, but this is not my first posting... I did post a couple of other places first. That's because, although I saw this thread referenced in a couple of places, I could not actually figure out where in the forum structure it actually was! Anyway, now that I've found the thread, here's my post. I promise to flagellate myself with a wet noodle as penance.
- "sharzah"

tris
Vermicelli Vizier

Postby tris » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:21 pm

sharzah wrote: ...my profuse apologies, but this is not my first posting... I did post a couple of other places first....... I promise to flagellate myself with a wet noodle as penance.
No need to flagellate yourself (unless you're like the emotionally warped missionaries quoted by by Scott the Pirate who get off on that sort of thing!)
Scott the Pirate quoting Desmond Morris wrote:"It is clear from scanning the pages of this ancient work (the Kama Sutra) that before the repressive prudery of the West was imposed on other cultures by mentally warped priests and emotionally crippled missionaries, uninhibited sexual joy was encouraged in both sexes."
I don't think think the FSM would approve of willful flagellations in his holy name. He'd much rather you ate the pasta... but if you can think of something sexy to do with it... go ahead and report back to us if you like!
No need to apologise for not obeying the rules either... where I come from we say "rules are made to be broken". This is not my first posting either.. by no means!
PS is that a Cormorant in your atavar pic... or a deformed vampire bat.... or a melted rubber welly-boot?

bejassus
Conchigliette Convert

Postby bejassus » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:40 pm

bejassus this is an interesting thread.

sharzah
Ziti Zealot

Postby sharzah » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:48 am

tris wrote:PS is that a Cormorant in your atavar pic... or a deformed vampire bat.... or a melted rubber welly-boot?

You're close with the Cormorant... it's actually an anhinga, which I've long felt was an excellent counterexample to the concept of intelligent design... I mean, what kind of intelligent designer would design a water bird that's not waterproof? But I suppose that is more a topic for the serious discussion-evolution vs. ID thread.

btw, I have a shop in CafePress with that image, with commentary: http://www.cafepress.com/soggyanhinga/
- "sharzah"

Return to “Standards and Practices”