The New Convert Thread - MAKE YOUR FIRST POST HERE

This is the section that includes the forum rules, and standard operating procedures. You can't post to the rest of the forum until you've posted here. Don't bother trying.

Moderators: Other Stuff Mods, Serious Mods, All Things Mods, phpBB2 - Administrators

kenzie1992

Re: The New Convert Thread - MAKE YOUR FIRST POST HERE

Postby kenzie1992 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:37 am

Hey, I'm Kenzie and I converted from atheism about a month ago when I picked up the Gospel, and I'm doing the best to spread the word within my high school :D

Detective TurtleHolmes
Clouseau's Protege

Postby Detective TurtleHolmes » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:48 am

Welcome, Kenzie and Piratey Ninja, not to mention the rest of you lot!
A flap of the wings yesterday means big changes tomorrow.
Let's work together to keep the present inevitable.

So yeah, I went and got a blog.

Moral Minority
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Moral Minority » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:46 am

kenzie1992 wrote:Hey, I'm Kenzie and I converted from atheism about a month ago when I picked up the Gospel, and I'm doing the best to spread the word within my high school :D

Aren't you a little young to be talking to people like us?

Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby Zankou 2.0 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:04 pm

Moral Minority wrote:
kenzie1992 wrote:Hey, I'm Kenzie and I converted from atheism about a month ago when I picked up the Gospel, and I'm doing the best to spread the word within my high school :D

Erm..no, he is not.
--Zankou II

The thin line between genius and insanity is less of a border than a union.

"Science can purify religion from error and superstition; religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes. Each can draw the other into a wider world, a world in which both can flourish."
--Pope John Paul II

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein

Zibethicus
Conchigliette Convert

"Fetch aft the rum, Darby!"

Postby Zibethicus » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:17 pm

Avast there! ArchD'Ikon Zibethicus posting; Discordian, SubGenius and everything else expected from the time and place. One of my hobbies is to occasionally pester the local paper in my home turf of the Blue Mountains outside Sydney, Australia. The local paper, the Blue Mountains Gazette, has been giving some space to the so-called 'Intelligent Design debate', and the noisy Christians have been weighing in aplenty. I myself have occasionally posted on the FSM side, and last week one of the noisier Christians got a letter in denying global warming on the grounds that he hadn't seen the Sydney Opera House submerged yet.

I was pleasantly surprised when the paper ran my reply, and I thought I might share it with the board, since the paper takes letters from everyone (http://bluemountains.yourguide.com.au/). Perhaps somebody - probably anybody! - can do better than me. Here's the letter:

That noted climatologist, Richard Merrell, is somewhat astute in his denial of global warming on the basis of his observations that the Sydney Opera House has not yet been submerged (BMG 20/8/08). But there is a superior explanation to his denial and the merely scientific point that global sea level is aggregate and the observed rise is slow – so far.

According to the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster (FSM), the true cause of global warming is the increasing world-around deficiency of pirates. The number of pirates has been declining steadily since the 19th Century and is closely correlated with the observed increase in global temperatures.

It is obvious that what is actually occurring is that the FSM, justly angered at this world for its extinguishment of its sustaining pirates, is punishing us for our folly with the same means that He uses to conceal His existence from the trivial measurements of materialistic scientists. In both cases, He is touching all measuring apparatus at the crucial instant of measurement with His Noodly Appendage, and removing all evidence of rising sea levels in one case and His very existence in the other. This explanation is superior to those of the rival global warming deniers and Intelligent Design advocates as it explains both sets of observations by the single means of The Noodly Appendage, and it is equally accessible to logical ‘proof’.

It is also startlingly similar to Mr Merrell’s much-touted Christian faith in that the total lack of evidence for the existence of the FSM can be cited as the greatest possible proof of the FSM’s existence. I trust that Mr Merrell’s acutely logical mind will recognise the economy of means of the Church of the FSM and that he will forthwith join our swelling ranks before it is too late. For every convert who dons a pirate suit, the waters sink again just that little bit...

(end letter)

Perhaps some Christian will exercise their right of reply in some droll fashion...

RAMEN!

->Zibethicus<-
"Some people have got a mental horizon of radius zero and call it their point of view."
- David Hilbert

ChowMein
Stripmeister

Postby ChowMein » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:39 pm

HARRRRRR DE HAR HAR !

Well done matey ! Very eloquently put I must say with a loverly degree of "sting", a very harrrrrty welcome to you .
Please stop by the pirates forum for your call to duty , registarrr yon shup , pick up yer weepin' and get to it matey !

littleanimal

Postby littleanimal » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:10 am

Just dropping by to say hi to you all and that I understand the rules, and can spell and punctuate fairly well without excessive use of hyphens. And I know that the number 000000000 did not come before 0.

Detective TurtleHolmes
Clouseau's Protege

Postby Detective TurtleHolmes » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:23 am

Zankou 2.0 wrote:
Moral Minority wrote:

Erm..no, he is not.

Yeah, I was born in '92.
A flap of the wings yesterday means big changes tomorrow.
Let's work together to keep the present inevitable.

So yeah, I went and got a blog.

black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby black bart » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:14 am

Arrrrr...Ye means 1792 o course matey.
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.

Roonie
Ziti Zealot

Postby Roonie » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:05 am

Hello everyone,

For a while now, I have been struggling to find a way to express my devotion to a higher power. When I stumbled upon Pastafarianism just hours ago, I realized that I have found my way and that I have, in fact, been a believer for some time.

It is truly amazing to me that I would have such reverence for both pirates AND pasta for so long before hearing the good word . . . I take this as a sign that I was destined to find my palce in wet, sloppy embrace of the Flying Spaghetti Monster's love.

RAmen.

I hope to have many questions answered about proper orthodox observance of His Greatness.

~Roonie.

Lissa

Postby Lissa » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:02 pm

Hey guys and gals,
I just found this amazing Religion. And upon seeing it I just had to giggle. I am really sorry that I missed the big hype, but when this just came out I was a little tyke.
This religion is so amazingly awsome sauce that I think that I have to partake in the glory!!!!

Any way I am now a BELEVAH in all this Noodley greatness! Keep up on the good work spreading the joy about the greatness that is the FSM!
R'Amen!

Lissa

Postby Lissa » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:04 pm

Moral Minority wrote:

Is there an age limit??? I am just turning 18....
My senior year in high school

Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby Zankou 2.0 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:53 pm

Lissa wrote:
Moral Minority wrote:

Is there an age limit??? I am just turning 18....
My senior year in high school

You must be 13 years old to join these forums.
--Zankou II

The thin line between genius and insanity is less of a border than a union.

"Science can purify religion from error and superstition; religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes. Each can draw the other into a wider world, a world in which both can flourish."
--Pope John Paul II

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein

God_Malo

Postby God_Malo » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:06 am

I figure what the hell, I was a horrible Christian(1990ish-2001ish), an acceptable agnostic, an over all lazy Wiccan/Stregone/not a tree-hugging-irritating-hippy,
why not try out Pastafaria. Besides it's already on my dogtags and I say the prayer over the radio before every convoy I go on here in Iraq anyway-might I add my convoys have'nt been been hit since the first prayer back in the may time frame, which can't be said about the prayers to Jesus.

By the way Rock On,etc.

Mad Willyum Bonney
Admiral of Incomprehensibility

Postby Mad Willyum Bonney » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:25 am

Welkum abord matey !

Ye juss be careful over tharr an' watch out fer them black an' white puppies , they be vicious and cruel , godless beasts that likely rend ye to bits an' larf thee entire tyme wile they be chewing yer ankles or tearing up yer newspaper !

Ye bess git them afore they git ye laddie !
Remembering St. John
Remembering Auntie DeeDee
Remembering Black Bart
Remembering Pieces o' Nine
Remembering Rainswept

Return to “Standards and Practices”