The New Convert Thread - MAKE YOUR FIRST POST HERE

This is the section that includes the forum rules, and standard operating procedures. You can't post to the rest of the forum until you've posted here. Don't bother trying.

Moderators: Other Stuff Mods, Serious Mods, All Things Mods, phpBB2 - Administrators

neverender
Conchigliette Convert

Postby neverender » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:54 am

YARRR - all hail his almighty noodly appendage!

High Priest to His Noodle
Conchigliette Convert

I don't know if you know this...

Postby High Priest to His Noodle » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:20 am

but God stands for Guilty of Deception. :D

Bernoulli
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Bernoulli » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:21 am

Hi. I've been a disbeliever in organised religion and the idea of a "creator" since I was 14 (long time ago). Then I found the Church of the FSM and everything clicked into place. It all makes sense now. Thank you Oh Flying Spaghetti Monster (Parmesan be upon you) for guiding me to this site, and thank you Bobby for revealing His Word to me.

Why Bernoulli? Google Bernoulli's Principle and therefore I am a man with a principle.
mutter mutter Global Warming my a*se mutter mutter feckin' weathermen mutter I blame the French

ChowMein
Stripmeister

Postby ChowMein » Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:19 am

I personally think God had nothing to do with any deception , it was the characters who decided to make God in their own image.
Of course if the writers were female , the God everyone is familiar with would be referred to as She .

Makes more sense eh ? I've never known of any guy except for ARRnold ( now the governator ) to give birth .

And how conceited and arrogant of humans to assign God a f****** gender !

Rev. Rowan Redbeard
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Proof of the FSM

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard » Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:12 am

I have always been a fervent disbeliever of organized religions, categorizing myself as agnostic, and extremely serious about it. I felt that there was no proof of any higher power, but that there was no proof against the existence of a higher power.

My opinion had always been that, if there was a higher power, it would be so far beyond us that to say we knew the Truth would be ridiculous.

Then, this evening, for no reason at all, I thought I would try to dress up as a red herring (fish costume with communist hat) for halloween this year.

In searching for patterns for fish costumes, I came across an FSM costume with a link to the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

His Marinara Majesty, in His semolinic wisdom, had put the idea of the costume into my head to bring me into the embrace of His Noodly Appendages.

I repent the agnosticism that had run rampant through my life, but I plead ignorance. I did not know the Truth.

RAmen.
—Captain the Reverend Lord C.S. Rowan, Lord of Glencoe, Minister of Pastafarianism, Gentleman Pirate

By reading this post, you agree that you are solely responsible for your reaction to it.
The poster takes no responsibility for any offense taken where none was meant. Except in cases of accidental microaggressions, in which case please explain it, so that we may better understand.

grocho
Conchigliette Convert

Postby grocho » Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:46 am

i am a new convert

MstrFool
Conchigliette Convert

Illumination

Postby MstrFool » Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:57 am

Good day, evening, night or morning to you all, where ever and when ever you may be. A friend of mine recently reminded me of this place and the wisdom and wit to be found with in. I have finally decided to add my voice to the delightful music you all are making. Sadly I am a horrid singer. But hay, what I lack in skill I will try to make up for in insight, or at least humour.I am more a Discordian then a Pastafarien, but I can not deny your wisdom. I look forward to living up to my name here, and speaking with the many enlightened ones that have embraced Pastafarianisum.
The ease with which I can see an other man's beliefs to be folly, lead me to believe my own are as well.

useyournoodle
Conchigliette Convert

First post

Postby useyournoodle » Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:26 pm

Better than the 'Last Post' I suppose.

Ok, 1st post completed, where do I collect my eye patch?

:)

Banaal-al-fasahd
Conchigliette Convert

new convert

Postby Banaal-al-fasahd » Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:22 pm

Umm, not really sure what to say in my intro. Just anxious to jump in the fray. I guess you should know that my parents brought me up in a strict rice-o-roni cult, but I had an al dente' experience, I came to see the light of Pasta and I've been boiled again. Okay, can I go cause trouble now?
Just kidding

Arr
"We're all here to help each other get through this thing....whatever it is" - Vonnegut

oranggib
Conchigliette Convert

Lemme read

Postby oranggib » Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:37 pm

Let me get my bearings.
Very strange setup

Sheylara
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby Sheylara » Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:31 am

I only learned about FSM today. I am apalled to have missed out on His Great Noodleness' teachings all this while.

BUT I HAVE FINALLY FOUND THE MEANING OF MY LIFE! THANK YOU THANK YOU. I could weep for joy.

I am looking forward to becoming a raving luna... I mean fanatic for the worthy cause of spreading the word of the FSM.

I can has pasta now? okthxbai.

Capellini
Capolean Bone-apart

Postby Capellini » Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:20 am

Sheylara wrote:I only learned about FSM today. I am apalled to have missed out on His Great Noodleness' teachings all this while.

BUT I HAVE FINALLY FOUND THE MEANING OF MY LIFE! THANK YOU THANK YOU. I could weep for joy.

I am looking forward to becoming a raving luna... I mean fanatic for the worthy cause of spreading the word of the FSM.

I can has pasta now? okthxbai.

Fans of the lolcats are always welcome here!
True terror lies in the futility of human existence.

Malcolm Reynolds is my co-pilot.

"The only freedom deserving the name, is that of pursuing our own good in our own way, so long as we do not attempt to deprive others of theirs, or impede their efforts to obtain it. Each is the proper guardian of his own health, whether bodily, or mental and spiritual. Mankind are greater gainers by suffering each other to live as seems good to themselves, than by compelling each to live as seems good to the rest." - John Stuart Mill

anonymous04
Conchigliette Convert

hello

Postby anonymous04 » Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:52 am

Just saying hello for first post

ken worley
King of the Pervs

Postby ken worley » Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:55 am

you bastard...

bunnywalker
Conchigliette Convert

New convert

Postby bunnywalker » Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:29 pm

Not sure how many people read these, but HELLO!

Here's my first post. I'm happy to be here!

Return to “Standards and Practices”