The New Convert Thread - MAKE YOUR FIRST POST HERE

This is the section that includes the forum rules, and standard operating procedures. You can't post to the rest of the forum until you've posted here. Don't bother trying.

Moderators: Other Stuff Mods, Serious Mods, All Things Mods, phpBB2 - Administrators

DAK
Ziti Zealot

Postby DAK » Wed May 16, 2007 11:38 pm

Oh yeah, I forgot to say that I got three other people to convert to Pastafarian. All hail the Flying Spaghetti Monster! :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :fsm: (those are the three other people that I converted plus myself worshipping His Noodleyness) I think I just got an idea for a sig!

DAK
Ziti Zealot

Postby DAK » Wed May 16, 2007 11:41 pm

Just a sig test. How do you like it? Also, should I add more worshippers?
:worship::worship::worship::worship::fsm:
:worship::worship::worship::worship:

Auracle
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Auracle » Thu May 17, 2007 4:21 am

I find His Noodly Appendage to be rather fascinating, but I fear He will not deign to touch the likes of me, as I think there is far more in religion that can (and should) be mocked besides whether religion is taught as science in school.

:wink:
:?

defproc
Conchigliette Convert

Postby defproc » Thu May 17, 2007 5:59 am

Hello. My name is defproc and I am making my first post, so I can be permitted to make posts that have a point!

Peace. :D

indianpasta
Conchigliette Convert

Postby indianpasta » Thu May 17, 2007 9:37 am

hello all

ShiverMeTimbers
Conchigliette Convert

Cheer

Postby ShiverMeTimbers » Thu May 17, 2007 5:14 pm

Hi Folks

Last night the BBC here in England showed this documentary about Scientology which was rather disturbing and it led me to do a bit of further digging on The Web which was even more disturbing.

Anyway, today I was discussing it with my colleague at work. I think he sensed I was a bit disturbed by the whole sinister cult thing and he pointed me in the direction of the FSM which I must say cheered me up no end!

I do so admire unashamedly patronising sarcasm in a website and it's nice to see that reson still prevails in some quarters.

The strange thing is, I have been eating spaghetti pretty much exclusively every evening for years and had no idea of the significance until now. I was convinced it was because I was just a lazy type who couldn't be bothered to learn to cook something else!

Cheers, beers and Tears For Fears

Pete

Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Re: Cheer

Postby Duke » Thu May 17, 2007 7:39 pm

ShiverMeTimbers wrote:Hi Folks

Last night the BBC here in England showed this documentary about Scientology which was rather disturbing and it led me to do a bit of further digging on The Web which was even more disturbing.

You think you've got it bad? Scientology is colonizing my town, they've set up a "mission" right in the middle. But we'll have them out on their asses in no time. :D

ShiverMeTimbers wrote:The strange thing is, I have been eating spaghetti pretty much exclusively every evening for years and had no idea of the significance until now. I was convinced it was because I was just a lazy type who couldn't be bothered to learn to cook something else!

Pete

It's clear that you've been Touched, even if you didn't know it until now. Welcome!

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen

Detective P
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Detective P » Thu May 17, 2007 8:09 pm

'Lo fellow Pastafarians. Yeah, converted last year, but I came here to ask a question. So yeah, hi. I guess...

angus argyle
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Arrrggghhh from Toronto

Postby angus argyle » Fri May 18, 2007 5:45 pm

Hey fello Pastafarians..

I am new here and from Canada eh...

I will be spreading the word the best I can...

Zankou
Brewmeister

Postby Zankou » Fri May 18, 2007 5:45 pm

CANADA!

w00t!11!!!!111!one
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
--Adam Savage, Mythbusters

"Oh what a tangled web we weave, When first we practise to deceive!"
--Sir Walter Scott, Marmion, Canto vi. Stanza 17.

"Take what you can!", "Give nothing back!"
--Pirates of the Caribbean

Zankou, Vice Fuhrer of The Grammar Nazis.

Click here!

Cuddly_Carpy
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Re: Cheer

Postby Cuddly_Carpy » Fri May 18, 2007 6:31 pm

ShiverMeTimbers wrote:Hi Folks

Anyway, today I was discussing it with my colleague at work. I think he sensed I was a bit disturbed by the whole sinister cult thing and he pointed me in the direction of the FSM which I must say cheered me up no end!

I do so admire unashamedly patronising sarcasm in a website and it's nice to see that reson still prevails in some quarters.

The strange thing is, I have been eating spaghetti pretty much exclusively every evening for years and had no idea of the significance until now. I was convinced it was because I was just a lazy type who couldn't be bothered to learn to cook something else!

Pete

YOU'RE FROM SHEFFIELD!!!!!

*hugs*

That is all... really... yeah scientology is a bit weird... yeah.... HELLO!!!

My boyfriend lives in Sheffield... therefore I'm a ickle bit obsessive like...

Ziggy
Gramigna Grand Admiral

Postby Ziggy » Fri May 18, 2007 11:03 pm

woo hoo #1

Mr.Aqua
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Mr.Aqua » Fri May 18, 2007 11:41 pm

Hey there. I am a pirate. I plan to post actively. Please don't hate me.
For those of you who MUST know... The sky IS falling and we ARE gonna die...Image

ChippySwans
Conchigliette Convert

Postby ChippySwans » Sat May 19, 2007 1:02 am

Hello everyone...heard about this site over on richarddawkins.net....classic stuff here! I look forward to joining the forum.
Not all atheists are liberals!
Visit mytake2008!

tassel-head
Conchigliette Convert

Postby tassel-head » Sat May 19, 2007 7:17 am

ahoy there,
im tassel head, ive been a pastafarian some time now and only just recently decided to log onto the forums.
im called tassel head because of my tendency to wear a fez at almost any occasion

Return to “Standards and Practices”