The New Convert Thread - MAKE YOUR FIRST POST HERE

This is the section that includes the forum rules, and standard operating procedures. You can't post to the rest of the forum until you've posted here. Don't bother trying.

Moderators: Other Stuff Mods, Serious Mods, All Things Mods, phpBB2 - Administrators

Nillerus
Conchigliette Convert

All glory to the Noodly Appendage

Postby Nillerus » Tue May 15, 2007 6:49 pm

I just found this site today to be honest, and was flat on my back laughing after not long at all. Priceless. Looking forward to being part of the new (new) enlightenment :mrgreen:
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum.

Cuddly_Carpy
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Cuddly_Carpy » Tue May 15, 2007 6:52 pm

Welcome!

Want to be adopted??

DAK
Ziti Zealot

Postby DAK » Wed May 16, 2007 12:21 am

I believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster, but before I become a Pastafarian, do I have to go through an initiation ritual, something like dressing up in pirate regalia while touching a piece of cooked spaghetti to my forehead and saying, "Noodley be the Flying Spaghetti Monster, our lord in heaven. Ramen."?

Also, what do I do do on Fridays? Do I eat the blood and body of the Flying Spaghetti Monster with tomato sauce as the blood and the spaghetti and meatballs as the body?

Cuddly_Carpy
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Cuddly_Carpy » Wed May 16, 2007 1:41 pm

Yes you have to do that ritual exactly.

Friday's are holiday, so do what you like, pasta and sauce aren't the blood and body, there is no transformation, it's just yummy and filling

Also, drink beer.

Daftlcd
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Daftlcd » Wed May 16, 2007 3:44 pm

I am a recent pastafarian and I am posting to go post some more some where else. See you all posting later 8)

Monk/Honkey/Banana
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Monk/Honkey/Banana » Wed May 16, 2007 4:20 pm

Hello fellow pastafarians. I have just converted as you can tell by me posting here... I'll see you guys around the site

DAK
Ziti Zealot

Postby DAK » Wed May 16, 2007 4:34 pm

Cuddly_Carpy wrote:Yes you have to do that ritual exactly.

Friday's are holiday, so do what you like, pasta and sauce aren't the blood and body, there is no transformation, it's just yummy and filling

Also, drink beer.

Too bad that's illegal at my age (16), but who says I can't do it illegally...hehehehehe...but I don't like beer anyway, it's too bitter for me, but hopefully I grow into liking it by the time I get to heaven. I guess I'll just stick with root beer for now.

Also, another question. Do I have to wear pirate attire every Friday, or is it just whenever I feel like it?

Cuddly_Carpy
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Cuddly_Carpy » Wed May 16, 2007 4:48 pm

Whenever you feel like it really, friday is holiday, not a celebration... just a holiday...

I like dressing up as a pirate however :)

DAK
Ziti Zealot

Postby DAK » Wed May 16, 2007 6:19 pm

Cuddly_Carpy wrote:Whenever you feel like it really, friday is holiday, not a celebration... just a holiday...

I like dressing up as a pirate however :)

But if I wanted to dress up for the occasion, than would pirate regalia be the proper attire to put on? (sorry for asking so many questions)

SeaTizzy
Conchigliette Convert

Postby SeaTizzy » Wed May 16, 2007 6:36 pm

I converted to pastafarianism two years ago, and I got the Gospels for X-mas.. I also preach to my friends about the noodly one, and talk about how I've been touched by his noodly appendage.. :fsm:

SuperShuki
Conchigliette Convert

New user -first post - a Jew, and proud of it

Postby SuperShuki » Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Hi, folks,
I'm a Jew, and proud of it. If anyone wants an explanation why, I'd be glad to provide one. I believe in one God who created everything, perhaps through evolution, perhaps some other way. If you read the bible carefully, you'll notice that the 'Creation story' can't be taken litterally. For example, the sun and the moon we'ren't created on the first day- but the bible refers to 'days' nonetheless. How can you have 'days' without the sun and the moon? Ergo, you can't take Creation litterally.

All the best,
SuperShuki

DAK
Ziti Zealot

Re: New user -first post - a Jew, and proud of it

Postby DAK » Wed May 16, 2007 7:17 pm

SuperShuki wrote:Hi, folks,
I'm a Jew, and proud of it. If anyone wants an explanation why, I'd be glad to provide one. I believe in one God who created everything, perhaps through evolution, perhaps some other way. If you read the bible carefully, you'll notice that the 'Creation story' can't be taken litterally. For example, the sun and the moon we'ren't created on the first day- but the bible refers to 'days' nonetheless. How can you have 'days' without the sun and the moon? Ergo, you can't take Creation litterally.

All the best,
SuperShuki

Which is why no religious document can be taken literally. In my Hebrew school, I was taught that the torah is the word of god, and that god is perfect. It's funny how so much of it talks about attrocities that 'god' commited, such as assisting the murder and rape of the people of Jericho, and ordering the death of anyone who defies the ten commandments. Some perfect god you have there. I can't believe actually had to read from such a repulsive scroll, but at least I got money (I'm greedy that way).

livingstones
Conchigliette Convert

Postby livingstones » Wed May 16, 2007 9:32 pm

Hi.

I have been touched.

I am better for it.

Zankou
Brewmeister

Postby Zankou » Wed May 16, 2007 9:36 pm

Darn...I missed so Much whither I dwelt in the land of NoModem...
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
--Adam Savage, Mythbusters

"Oh what a tangled web we weave, When first we practise to deceive!"
--Sir Walter Scott, Marmion, Canto vi. Stanza 17.

"Take what you can!", "Give nothing back!"
--Pirates of the Caribbean

Zankou, Vice Fuhrer of The Grammar Nazis.

Click here!

russianfool20825
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby russianfool20825 » Wed May 16, 2007 10:03 pm

Hello. I have been touched. My friends have been too.

Return to “Standards and Practices”