The New Convert Thread - MAKE YOUR FIRST POST HERE

This is the section that includes the forum rules, and standard operating procedures. You can't post to the rest of the forum until you've posted here. Don't bother trying.

Moderators: Other Stuff Mods, Serious Mods, All Things Mods, phpBB2 - Administrators

Pasta Aurelius
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Pasta Aurelius » Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:38 pm

Hi! I'm totally new and totally lost here. I guess I'm supposed to start on this thread, so here I am. Naturally, I have a few questions now that I've come to seek the light of the noodly appendage:

1.) I haven't read the FSM Gospel yet, as I have yet to purchase it. Should I buy it immediately and study it before fully converting, or can I declare myself a convert and then read it later?

2.) Regarding the Pirate theme, is there anything in the Pastafarian culture regarding Jimmy Buffett? And if so, does being from Miami put me at some sort of spiritual advantage?

3.) Is Pastafarianism supposed to be a religion, a philosophy, or just a cool idea?

4.) Where did the idea of Pastafarianism begin? Was it the book, the letter, the Web site, or the drawing that started it all?

5.) How will history judge the Pastafarian movement? Will it be seen as a fad, or a cultural milestone?
"War makes me horny!" -- Pat Robertson

"Onward, Christian soldiers!" --Satan

MPTrooper

Postby MPTrooper » Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:21 pm

Pasta Aurelius wrote:Hi! I'm totally new and totally lost here. I guess I'm supposed to start on this thread, so here I am. Naturally, I have a few questions now that I've come to seek the light of the noodly appendage:

1.) I haven't read the FSM Gospel yet, as I have yet to purchase it. Should I buy it immediately and study it before fully converting, or can I declare myself a convert and then read it later?

2.) Regarding the Pirate theme, is there anything in the Pastafarian culture regarding Jimmy Buffett? And if so, does being from Miami put me at some sort of spiritual advantage?

3.) Is Pastafarianism supposed to be a religion, a philosophy, or just a cool idea?

4.) Where did the idea of Pastafarianism begin? Was it the book, the letter, the Web site, or the drawing that started it all?

5.) How will history judge the Pastafarian movement? Will it be seen as a fad, or a cultural milestone?

1 No
2 Perhaps
3 All of the above
4 Some dude named Bobby.
5 I haven't been to the future yet. When I get there I'll come back and tell you...

The answer to 5 is kinda.

Welcome to the boards!

TiJim
Conchigliette Convert

Postby TiJim » Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:36 pm

Hello, all. :fsm:

ChrisGrenard
Conchigliette Convert

Postby ChrisGrenard » Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:44 pm

Imma doing the post da boast

kimjongsick
Gnocchetti Galley Slave
Location: Make a left, then hang a right, and you can't miss it.

Postby kimjongsick » Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:01 am

Pasta Aurelius wrote:2.) Regarding the Pirate theme, is there anything in the Pastafarian culture regarding Jimmy Buffett? And if so, does being from Miami put me at some sort of spiritual advantage?

I actually brought this topic up one time, I think it was somewhere in the "Hymns and Songs" area. I think I remember asking something about Jimmy Buffett being one of the semi-prophet foundation stones upon which our Great Prophet had a base of support for the beginnings of the FSM movement. The Great Prophet has yet to provide input on this.

I am glad a fellow Parrothead has joined our ranks. I hope to see you around a great deal, as well as all of our other newfound brothers and sisters in faith.

Edit: ChrisGrenard, are you from /b/?

Baby's good to me, you know
She's happy as can be, you know, she said so
I'm in love with her and I feel fine

rkzenrage
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby rkzenrage » Mon Dec 25, 2006 1:04 am

Howdy,
Yarrrrrrr!
:fsm_yarr:
A samurai once asked Zen Master Hakuin where he would go after he died.
Hakuin answered, "How am I supposed to know?"
"How do you know? You're a Zen master?" exclaimed the samurai.
"Yes, but not a dead one," Hakuin answered.
Zen Mondo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3YOIImOoYM

chirs3
Conchigliette Convert

Just checking in.

Postby chirs3 » Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:24 am

First post! :shellfish:

neeter
Ziti Zealot

Cool Cartoon

Postby neeter » Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:31 am

rkzenrage wrote:Howdy,
Yarrrrrrr!
:fsm_yarr:

:worship: Where did you get such a cool catoon? That's really nice.

:twisted:
All HAil His Noodliness!
Ramen
neeter

dbutler
Ziti Zealot

Not a convert, but a subscriber.

Postby dbutler » Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:23 pm

I hope to find intelligent discourse on these forums. While I support FSM in opposition to ID in schools I do not consider myself a pastafarian.

MPTrooper

Postby MPTrooper » Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:27 pm

You're not the only one dbutler. Many different religions are represented here. Everything from Pagans, to Satanist, to Christians and everyone in between!

Have fun!

thedaveking
Conchigliette Convert

OK

Postby thedaveking » Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:08 am

I guess I'll jump on the pirateship. :fsm_yarr:

David
Conchigliette Convert

Postby David » Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:12 pm

My friend registered me a long time ago. I'm on this ship, but I just lurk around/look around. Have a good day/carry on ya'll.

Elektra
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby Elektra » Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:35 am

Greetings, Pastafarian friends.

My name is Elektra.

I am resonably harmless.

Nahuel
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Nahuel » Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:24 am

Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie in the forum, but not in the "pastafarian-religion".... Well, my aim is open the people's eyes against ID..... the earth is not flat, is it?

Have fun guyz

ken worley
King of the Pervs

Postby ken worley » Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:17 am

yes it is...

Return to “Standards and Practices”