The New Convert Thread - MAKE YOUR FIRST POST HERE

This is the section that includes the forum rules, and standard operating procedures. You can't post to the rest of the forum until you've posted here. Don't bother trying.

Moderators: Other Stuff Mods, Serious Mods, All Things Mods, phpBB2 - Administrators

dukes
Lord of Linguini
Location: Still lost in the ozone, somewhere east of Machias, Downeast Maine

Postby dukes » Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:27 pm

Lurk to your hearts content! But when you see something that grabs you please jump in and give us your take on it.
Christ you know it ain't easy,
You know how hard it can be.
The way things are going
They're gonna crucify me.

----------
Ballad of John and Yoko

Bruce Shimerfarian
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Bruce Shimerfarian » Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:23 pm

I am currently studying Anselm and Augustine. The ontological convolutions of Anselm make this site a refreshing respite for my spiritual longings. While I am not yet ready to commit fully to the FSM beliefs, I will give it grave consideration,;as I am one who conceives that which there is nothing greater. Perhaps this "nothing greater" is FSM. Or perhaps, as Augustine believed, it is God, and the ID group is correct. My soul is still raked with torment over these questions, but I endure.
Abbot of Shimer

Sylvie369
Vermicelli Vizier

Postby Sylvie369 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:01 pm

What a high class of person we attract. I'm impressed by all of you. Welcome!
He who is not busy being born is busy dying -
Bob Dylan

Pastafarian Pirate
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby Pastafarian Pirate » Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:25 pm

Yarrgh!

I be here!

Someone
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Someone » Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:15 am

toxic_madness
Conchigliette Convert

Postby toxic_madness » Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:22 am

Hi, my name is Evan.

Goat Starer
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Goat Starer » Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:54 am

hello Evan (and the rest of you) how nice to have you all aboard. You may call me Bosun Goat!
Best regards

Goat

--------------------------

"If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas." - George Bernard Shaw

Capellini
Capolean Bone-apart

Postby Capellini » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:27 am

My goodness, you'd think we were getting some kind of publicity with all these new folks showing up. :wink:
True terror lies in the futility of human existence.

Malcolm Reynolds is my co-pilot.

"The only freedom deserving the name, is that of pursuing our own good in our own way, so long as we do not attempt to deprive others of theirs, or impede their efforts to obtain it. Each is the proper guardian of his own health, whether bodily, or mental and spiritual. Mankind are greater gainers by suffering each other to live as seems good to themselves, than by compelling each to live as seems good to the rest." - John Stuart Mill

goethe
Conchigliette Convert

Postby goethe » Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:37 am

FIRST.

don juan
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby don juan » Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:43 am

godamn, he is stupid, but he is my friend (i know, poor excuse).
hum ...who said sufficient excuse ?

edit : private joke : goethe look
Page 100 of 100
Partout, dans le monde, et sans aucune exception, où triomphent la dictature et le mépris des droits de l'homme, partout vous y trouvez inscrite, en caractères sanglants, la peine de mort. R. Badinter

goethe
Conchigliette Convert

Postby goethe » Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:51 am

Ramen.

Randy Osgood
Ziti Zealot

New Guy

Postby Randy Osgood » Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:22 pm

Hey, I'm Randy - As you can see, I'm new to His noodliness, but you know what? I'm looking forward to this. A religion I like, that I wasn't forced into by a couple of adults who created me, but little do they know who REALLY created me, right? Anyway, I'm Randy and I can't wait to go out and buy that Gospel - I'm hoping to get it soon.
Finally - A religion that doesn't suck.

don juan
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Re: New Guy

Postby don juan » Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:26 pm

Randy Osgood wrote:Hey, I'm Randy - As you can see, I'm new to His noodliness, but you know what? I'm looking forward to this. A religion I like, that I wasn't forced into by a couple of adults who created me, but little do they know who REALLY created me, right? Anyway, I'm Randy and I can't wait to go out and buy that Gospel - I'm hoping to get it soon.
Hum, do you like gladiators movies ?
Partout, dans le monde, et sans aucune exception, où triomphent la dictature et le mépris des droits de l'homme, partout vous y trouvez inscrite, en caractères sanglants, la peine de mort. R. Badinter

dukes
Lord of Linguini
Location: Still lost in the ozone, somewhere east of Machias, Downeast Maine

Postby dukes » Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:07 pm

Capellini wrote:My goodness, you'd think we were getting some kind of publicity with all these new folks showing up. :wink:

Perhaps we are. There's a mention of His Noodliness (by his more formal name) in this months Wired magazine.
Christ you know it ain't easy,
You know how hard it can be.
The way things are going
They're gonna crucify me.

----------

Ballad of John and Yoko

Capellini
Capolean Bone-apart

Postby Capellini » Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:23 pm

dukes wrote:
Capellini wrote:My goodness, you'd think we were getting some kind of publicity with all these new folks showing up. :wink:

Perhaps we are. There's a mention of His Noodliness (by his more formal name) in this months Wired magazine.

And that old coot Dawkins can't shut up about it.*

*If Dr. Dawkins should see this, please understand that is meant to be a humerous comment. I hold you in the highest regard, and by no means consider you a coot.
True terror lies in the futility of human existence.

Malcolm Reynolds is my co-pilot.

"The only freedom deserving the name, is that of pursuing our own good in our own way, so long as we do not attempt to deprive others of theirs, or impede their efforts to obtain it. Each is the proper guardian of his own health, whether bodily, or mental and spiritual. Mankind are greater gainers by suffering each other to live as seems good to themselves, than by compelling each to live as seems good to the rest." - John Stuart Mill

Return to “Standards and Practices”