The New Convert Thread - MAKE YOUR FIRST POST HERE

This is the section that includes the forum rules, and standard operating procedures. You can't post to the rest of the forum until you've posted here. Don't bother trying.

Moderators: Other Stuff Mods, Serious Mods, All Things Mods, phpBB2 - Administrators

luag
Conchigliette Convert

Postby luag » Fri May 26, 2006 1:08 pm

Hi all :)
I wish to learn more about FSM :D

The Meromorph
Sweet Moderation
Location: Sailing away to Vindravan, eating my tears with laughter.

Postby The Meromorph » Fri May 26, 2006 1:20 pm

Please feel free to look around.
On a side note, I don't quite 'get' your avatar, so in at least one case it misses it's point. Secondly, we have quite a lot of devout christians here, and while I myself am an atheist (as well as a pastafarian), I think your avatar might be unnecessarily offensive to some of us. I'm asking (I'm a moderator here, so I'm asking with some significance :) ) that you choose something else that both you and everyone else will be entertained by...
Laughing in the rain.
Dancing in the desert sand,
Somersaults through life.

luag
Conchigliette Convert

Postby luag » Fri May 26, 2006 1:49 pm

thats cool :)
i'll remove it.

i meant it to be on the funny side, rather than on the offensive side ^^;

:fsm_ninja:

no harms done?

jasonpeck
Conchigliette Convert

Hello all

Postby jasonpeck » Fri May 26, 2006 3:27 pm

Hi! I'm a new convert (I guess LOL) and wanted to introduce myself.

First and foremost, my name is Jason Peck, and I am a Libertarian candidate for the Kansas House of Representatives, 24th district. Please visit my webpage for more info http://candidate.lpks.org/jasonpeck

I am interested mainly in the Kansas politics of ID vs. Evolution. I am firmly committed to separation of church and state (The "establishment clause" of the first amendment). I am also committed to a world class science curriculum in our schools. In short, ID makes for a wonderful debate in philosophy class, but has no place in our science classes.

Well enough of the editorial, I'm probably preaching to the choir anyway. Please feel free to contact me with any political events, rallies, efforts etc. related tou ousting our school board, particularly in the Johnson County Area.

One last note: I do believe the current board will be thrown out in November. That's the good news. The bad news is, unfortunately, it takes really infurating the moderate voter to get him/her to show up at the polls. I'd like to see us vote in every election so that we don't have to go through this embarrassment again in the future.

Thank you all!
Jason Peck
Candidate - KS House
Libertarian - 24th district
candidate.lpks.org/jasonpeck

Shinikami
Ziti Zealot

Postby Shinikami » Fri May 26, 2006 3:35 pm

Arrrggghh me hearty! Welcome to the thread o' threads!

Mmmm Mmmm Mmmmmmm... Toasty.

-Shin

The Meromorph
Sweet Moderation

Postby The Meromorph » Fri May 26, 2006 3:58 pm

luag wrote:thats cool :)
i'll remove it.

i meant it to be on the funny side, rather than on the offensive side ^^;

:fsm_ninja:

no harms done?

Not much, anyway, and certainly no lasting harm :)
I do more harm when I trip over my own shoelaces... :mrgreen:
Laughing in the rain.

codetyro
Conchigliette Convert

Postby codetyro » Fri May 26, 2006 3:59 pm

First and foremost, my name is Jason Peck, and I am a Libertarian candidate for the Kansas House of Representatives, 24th district.

A bald man running for office? You give me hope... *rubs his clean-shaven skull* :mrgreen:

Besides... bald pirates don't have to worry about lice in the close quarters of a ship... :shellfish:

Griffin
WatsonOfSherlock

Postby Griffin » Fri May 26, 2006 5:33 pm

Hallo to luag and jasonpeck.

Enjoy the forums.

luag I have deleted your avatar (I am one of Admins here). I hope that you understand that because we are specifically dedicated to not offending anyone's religious feelings - if there is the slightest chance something might, we take action as soon as we can. Hence my deleting it instead of leaving it for you to do. I look forward to whatever you choose to replace it with !!
Grand Deducer Watson of Sherlock. NoName, no pack drill. Astral zone changed five times a day (flexible). Great at manifesting parking spaces by thought control. Hatred of terminology of survivors and commitment to win-win reality.

Le Cygne
Conchigliette Convert

A new convert

Postby Le Cygne » Fri May 26, 2006 7:48 pm

I was touched by His Noodly Appendage yesterday. I have seen the light! Now I'm off to spread the word and eat pasta.

Griffin
WatsonOfSherlock

Postby Griffin » Fri May 26, 2006 7:55 pm

Welcome Le Cygne. You can spread pasta too but hope you don't have to eat your words.
Grand Deducer Watson of Sherlock. NoName, no pack drill. Astral zone changed five times a day (flexible). Great at manifesting parking spaces by thought control. Hatred of terminology of survivors and commitment to win-win reality.

BubbleBee
Conchigliette Convert

Postby BubbleBee » Fri May 26, 2006 10:52 pm

Hiya,

I found the FSM through a copy of Bobby's letter, which was passed out to our class, where we study the methods of persuasion and their effectiveness. We were told that the letter was genuine, but the rest was a "spoof" ... I didn't agree, and quite liked the idea, so decided to research it further. I have discovered the ideas within this religion be extremely insightful, and thus consider myself converted :)

Next question is; will you have me as a member?

BubbleBee :fsm_float:
Smile if you have no pants on :D

Griffin
WatsonOfSherlock

Postby Griffin » Fri May 26, 2006 11:00 pm

Hi BubbleBee. We don't reject anyone unless they fail to read, understand and abide by the creed. His Noodliness is a friendly FSM and you are welcome.

The Meromorph
Sweet Moderation

Postby The Meromorph » Fri May 26, 2006 11:14 pm

Hi BubbleBee, Cute screen name! :)
Look around the forums and find an area you feel comfortable with, kick your shoes off and sit a spell... You can always branch out after yout get comfortable. :)
Welcome home, Anyone who isn't rude is kinda instant family here. If those who are rude can learn how to be nice (pretty durn quick, if you please), they soon are family, too!
Laughing in the rain.

latsot
Conchigliette Convert

ta da

Postby latsot » Sat May 27, 2006 5:49 am

taptaptap....is this thing turned on? One...two...two...toast....

I'm from the UK and concerned about various 'faith schools' so beloved by our government. Some of these schools teach ID through various backdoor shenanegins. Our Prime Minister has gone on record to say that teaching this kind of nonsense is a good thing.

I live just down the road from one of these faith schools, which is known to promote and teach ID. I've written to them a couple of times, with no reply. Their website claims that visitors are welcome - I quite like this idea. If there are any members in the North-East of England who would like to join me in a visit, please get in touch.

Griffin
WatsonOfSherlock

Postby Griffin » Sat May 27, 2006 8:36 am

Hi latsot. Always good to see a fellow Brit. And yes we have a few threads that mention ID and UK schools around. Also you may be interested in Noodly in the UK

Return to “Standards and Practices”