The New Convert Thread - MAKE YOUR FIRST POST HERE

This is the section that includes the forum rules, and standard operating procedures. You can't post to the rest of the forum until you've posted here. Don't bother trying.

Moderators: Other Stuff Mods, Serious Mods, All Things Mods, phpBB2 - Administrators

flaviusxvii
Conchigliette Convert

Hello Everyone

Postby flaviusxvii » Tue May 02, 2006 1:03 pm

Hi,
I'm really glad to be here to help spread the Word of his nearly infinite Love and the Noodly Appendage with which He guides our lives.

I just need a mailing address so I can start sending these checks in.

--Flavius
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
--Buddha

Scruffy05
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Re: Hello Everyone

Postby Scruffy05 » Tue May 02, 2006 1:11 pm

flaviusxvii wrote:Hi,
I'm really glad to be here to help spread the Word of his nearly infinite Love and the Noodly Appendage with which He guides our lives.

I just need a mailing address so I can start sending these checks in.

--Flavius

Welcome Flavius. Make your self at home, say hi to the locals... you'll be caught up in no time!
- Pull the other one, it's got bells on it.

teter
Conchigliette Convert

Postby teter » Tue May 02, 2006 3:51 pm

teter here temporarily displaced from my home in new orleans. my pirate ship has landed in hostile teritory...just outside kansas :cry:

i guess it's on me to turn obsticles to opportunities. just finished the gospel last week. i'll be using the suggested approaches with great hope. unfortuanatly, oral roberts university is just down the road from my temporary digs.

Scruffy05
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby Scruffy05 » Tue May 02, 2006 3:53 pm

teter wrote:teter here temporarily displaced from my home in new orleans. my pirate ship has landed in hostile teritory...just outside kansas :cry:

i guess it's on me to turn obsticles to opportunities. just finished the gospel last week. i'll be using the suggested approaches with great hope. unfortuanatly, oral roberts university is just down the road from my temporary digs.

Any help you can provide is welcome, but remember, tolerance is paramount.

If you have question about how to proceed, talk to Auntie Dee Dee. She has all the answers. There is a reason she is called 'The Answer Lady'

Pastafarianist
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Pastafarianist » Tue May 02, 2006 10:08 pm

Hey guys, I heard about this from a friend, and have recently converted. I hereby devote myself to the life style, 8 "I'd Really Rather You Not Do's" and the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

:)

Scruffy05
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby Scruffy05 » Tue May 02, 2006 10:10 pm

Pastafarianist wrote:Hey guys, I heard about this from a friend, and have recently converted. I hereby devote myself to the life style, 8 "I'd Really Rather You Not Do's" and the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

:)

Welcome to the ranks! Remember, tolerance above all else, and enjoy yourself while you are here!

If you have any questions, talk to Auntie Dee Dee.

alexrose
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby alexrose » Tue May 02, 2006 10:23 pm

My friend found out 'bout this while on a net search of piratey-ness. And then, of course, converted.

Griffin
WatsonOfSherlock

Postby Griffin » Tue May 02, 2006 10:27 pm

hi alexrose. this be piratin like you'vfe never experienced before.
Grand Deducer Watson of Sherlock. NoName, no pack drill. Astral zone changed five times a day (flexible). Great at manifesting parking spaces by thought control. Hatred of terminology of survivors and commitment to win-win reality.

Joy of Pasta
Ziti Zealot

Postby Joy of Pasta » Wed May 03, 2006 1:49 pm

My name is Joy and I am a carboholic, but the Good Book brought me here and your Scripture and Lore inspire me to find true fullfillment. :worship:
In 15 minutes, FSM will be more famous.

Sir Francis Drake
Monkaroni

Postby Sir Francis Drake » Wed May 03, 2006 3:31 pm

Welcome, Joy. May his noodly appendage guide you serenely around these forums.
Taste the truth, savor the satire, pass the pasta!

Dona Nobis Pasta

-Opsanus tau

Captain Noobhead
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby Captain Noobhead » Wed May 03, 2006 11:23 pm

Ahoy mateys,

I’ve had an account here for quite a while now but never got around to posting. So I guess I’m just saying hi. Er, the name is Sir Captain Noobhead (I was self-knighted with a golden cop sticker given to me by our school officer), and I am the unofficial Pirate High Priest / missionary / founding member of the Columbia Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster in Missouri. (Which is the equivalent of a pasta or a bishop?) I've converted quite a few of my friends as well, and now we're all followers of the great fsm. :)

Pleased you meet you all. :D

P.S. I've even made my own fsm shirts and given them out free. :worship: :fsm_float:

Scruffy05
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby Scruffy05 » Wed May 03, 2006 11:53 pm

Welcome Noobs! Good to here you have already gotten to work. I like to see when somebody really shows the initiative!

Enjoy!

t3h.Dr0w
Conchigliette Convert
Location: a position or site occupied or available for occupancy or marked by some distingu****ng feature

greetings

Postby t3h.Dr0w » Fri May 05, 2006 12:30 am

Im a new convert (duh). It was the whole pirate ting that got me. That and the dogma, or lack thereof. I believe i was what is referred to in the gospel as a "moderate christinan" and easy to convert. My friend eric introduced me to the religion. He got permission to wear a pirate hat in school despite the school polices since it was for religious purposes. That last sentence really broke up any flow that this post had going, but it had to be said.

that being said....um yeah. I'm new.

Nikkoru
Ziti Zealot

Postby Nikkoru » Fri May 05, 2006 2:54 am

I've apparently being a Pastafarian for around 7-8 years now, but I wasn't informed of the name of the philosophical inclinations until about 12 hours ago. My former public school board, while I attended it, was evidently co-opted by people who desired religious dogma to be taught within science classrooms.

A week of perfectly useful time in Grade 10 Science was spent reveiwing the religious beliefs of how the universe was created. It wasn't even Intelligent design, to my knowledge it wasn't particulairly popular at the time - they simply gave us scripture and expected us to read through it - I imagine the only reason they were allowed to, I would have to guess, was that they also gave us the creation beliefs of numerous other religions. My teacher of this particulair class seemed to only want to deal with by avoiding all questions and asking us to read silently. I felt sorry for her.

They also breifly attempted to insert daily school prayer, ban certain books like Harry Potter from being read, and outlaw groups such as the gay-straight-bisexual-transexual alliance.

The sad thing is, considering the vote turnout for school board members elections was so small - it was only a few people deciding these radical changes should occur - meanwhile as they promoted this agenda they were incompetent in funding the schools themselves.

You'd think they'd just send their children to the Catholic school board which is also publically funded if they wanted to ensure their children only heard their version of the truth, It's getting greedy to take over the public schools.

His noodly appendage came in the form of a link on my own forum - at any rate, greetings all.

Scruffy05
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby Scruffy05 » Fri May 05, 2006 2:58 am

Well... That's a pretty impressive bio. And a cute kitty.

Welcome, and thank you so much for following the standard procedure! :) You are going to fit in marvelously.

Return to “Standards and Practices”