Cool Quotes

This board is NOT restricted access. Keep that in mind when you post.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby Zankou 2.0 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:23 pm

:D
Mike Hutchison wrote:Lucifer was a true pioneer in the defense of basic moral rights and freedoms, questioning God?s omniscient authority over the world. He was at the forefront in the fight for the right to free thought, knowledge and will. Lucifer liberated a helpless species from a malevolent dictator and he is the one who suffered the consequences, with no praise or gratitude. By today?s standards we would consider him a saint, greater then Martin Luther King or Mother Teresa. But instead we condemn him, and follow God, undoing his ultimate sacrifice. Perhaps at the very least we owe him an apology?

Sorry for the continual religion bashing, but the quotes are awesome.

This one applies to me.

Thomas Paine wrote:I do not believe in the creed professed by the Jewish church, by the Roman church, by the Greek church, by the Turkish church, by the Protestant church, nor by any church that I know of. My own mind is my own church.

Ah, here's one to make up for it:

C. S. Lewis
wrote:
A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, 'darkness' on the walls of his cell.
--Zankou II

The thin line between genius and insanity is less of a border than a union.

"Science can purify religion from error and superstition; religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes. Each can draw the other into a wider world, a world in which both can flourish."
--Pope John Paul II

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein

MPTrooper

Postby MPTrooper » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:29 pm

The Devil's Advocate (I think)

"The greatest trick Lucifer ever pulled was convincing us he doesn't exist."

newyork-pastafarian
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby newyork-pastafarian » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:56 pm

Winston Churchill
"I am ready to meet my maker, but whether my maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter."

Woody Allen
"It's not that I'm afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens."

Willy Wonka
"This suspense is killing me, I hope it lasts."

I Dont know
a dead atheist is someone who's all dressed up with nowhere to go

Anonymous (19th century)
"I feel no pain dear mother now,
But oh, I am so dry!
O take me to a brewery,
And leave me there to die."
-may you be blessed by he who is known as the FLying Spaghetti Monster with his noodly goodness so you can experiance the heaven of beer volcanoes and strippers
http://arena-wars.net/register.php?REF=410
(please click that link)
don't click this link...

Rainswept
Caliph of Capitalist Fishing Pole Hobo Apologists

Postby Rainswept » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:13 pm

Everyone keeps quoting bible stuff, so I'll use my favorite!

Deuteronomy 21: 18-21: wrote: "If a man has a stubborn and rebellious son, who will not obey the voice of his father or the voice of his mother, and, though they chastise him, will not give heed to them, then his father and his mother shall take hold of him and bring him out to the elders of his city at the gate of the place where he lives, and they shall say to the elders of his city, 'This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton and a drunkard.' Then all the men of the city shall stone him
to death with stones; so you shall purge the evil from your midst; and all Israel shall hear, and fear."

If your kids act up, stone them to death!
I believe it's time for mankind to set aside the crutch of religion and embrace morality born of reason and truth. Those crutches have long since proven treacherous when the ground gets slippery.

Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby Zankou 2.0 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:16 pm

Rainswept wrote:Everyone keeps quoting bible stuff, so I'll use my favorite!

Deuteronomy 21: 18-21: wrote: "If a man has a stubborn and rebellious son, who will not obey the voice of his father or the voice of his mother, and, though they chastise him, will not give heed to them, then his father and his mother shall take hold of him and bring him out to the elders of his city at the gate of the place where he lives, and they shall say to the elders of his city, 'This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton and a drunkard.' Then all the men of the city shall stone him
to death with stones; so you shall purge the evil from your midst; and all Israel shall hear, and fear."

Yeah...OT was awesome.
--Zankou II

"Science can purify religion from error and superstition; religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes. Each can draw the other into a wider world, a world in which both can flourish."
--Pope John Paul II

-Albert Einstein

black bart
Resident Weevil

Taliban

Postby black bart » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:14 am

Rainswept wrote:Everyone keeps quoting bible stuff, so I'll use my favorite!

That's the sort of thing The Taliban still believe in!

Tonight we dine in Hades.

That was what'shischops from the 300 I think.
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.

capidosia
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby capidosia » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:19 pm

Albert Enstein
i know not with what weapons world war three will be faught with, but world war four will be faught with sticks and stones

the best one for me tho is Winston Churchill aruging with Lady Aster (1st female mp in uk)

"You Mr. Chrchill are drunk!"

"And you Lady Aster are ugly, the difference being that come morning, i will be sober"

"Mr. Churchill, if you were my husband, i think i would poision your dinner!"

"Lady Aster, if you were my wife, you wouldn't have to force me to eat it"
i wanted to put something intellegent here, but thinking hurt too much

(please ingore any gramitical or spelling mistakes... the keyboard at my work is nackered.. and the idiot who uses it has no spell checker, and a learning dissablity... so bear with me please.)

newyork-pastafarian

Postby newyork-pastafarian » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:53 pm

go winston!!!!
-may you be blessed by he who is known as the FLying Spaghetti Monster with his noodly goodness so you can experiance the heaven of beer volcanoes and strippers

http://arena-wars.net/register.php?REF=410

(please click that link)

don't click this link...

Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby Zankou 2.0 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:15 pm

William Clayton wrote:The dumber people think you are, the more surprised they're going to be when you kill them.

Bald Kid wrote:There is no spoon

Full Metal Jacket wrote:Join the Army! Travel to exotic, distant lands. Meet exciting, unusual people, and kill them.

Sorry, MPT...

Bumper Sticker wrote:Jesus may love you, but no body else does.

Dave Mustaine wrote:The Bible and several other self help or enlightenment books cite the Seven Deadly Sins. They are: pride, greed, lust, envy, wrath, sloth, and gluttony. That pretty much covers everything that we do, that is sinful... or fun for that matter.

Chris Capozzi wrote:I take offense to your accusation that I am racist, or prejudice, or hold favor of one ethnic group above others. I am not discriminatory; I hate everyone equally, disseminating my unreserved hatred in fair shares to all races, cultures, and creeds.

Figure this one out wrote:Your oratorical sonorities are too pleonastic to be expeditiously assimilated.

Amy c., whoever the hell that is wrote:Stupidity killed the cat, curiosity was framed.

George W. Bush wrote:Most of our imports come from overseas.
--Zankou II

--Pope John Paul II

-Albert Einstein

MPTrooper

Postby MPTrooper » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:19 pm

A combat teacher

"Anyone who gets in a fight is already half way to getting their ass kicked."

SpaghettiSawUs
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby SpaghettiSawUs » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:32 am

Some of my faves:

Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so.

In the part of this universe that we know there is great injustice, and often the good suffer, and often the wicked prosper, and one hardly knows which of those is the more annoying.

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.

Everything is vague to a degree you do not realize till you have tried to make it precise.

all by Bertrand Russell.

Cheers
Spags
FSM: Welcome HIM as your Lord and Savour!

Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby Zankou 2.0 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:27 pm

Matt Groening wrote:Love is a perky little elf dancing a merry little jig and then, suddenly, he turns on you with a miniature machine gun.

Calvin (Calvin and Hobbes) wrote:Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere is the fact that none of it has tried to contact us.

Emo Philips wrote:When I was growing up, all my friends wanted to have sex with anything that moved. Why limit yourself, I told them.

[
--Zankou II

--Pope John Paul II

-Albert Einstein

Ziggy
Gramigna Grand Admiral

Postby Ziggy » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:01 pm

Emo: An abbreviation for loser. Emo is the new goth, except goths are still around, so it's becoming almost unbearable.

-maddox
I ♥ mrgreen :mrgreen:

Land Shark
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby Land Shark » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:01 am

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity- Edgar Allen Poe

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?
-Epicurus

My modesty is only surpassed by my sheer excellency. -my friend
I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. -Edgar Allan Poe

kirayon

Postby kirayon » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:58 am

Know that, for all its troubles, the world is perfect. Flawless in it's beauties and turmoils. Violence and nightmares being a natural product of humanity

Senor Diablo
HAHA.....words.

Return to “Games, Fun, and Jokes”