Cool Quotes

This board is NOT restricted access. Keep that in mind when you post.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

ke_mikiao
Chitarra Captain

Postby ke_mikiao » Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:43 pm

you're just going to get quotes from my two favorite sources.....Dune and Simpsons...sorry
Homer: Are you saying you're never going to eat any animal again? What about bacon?
Lisa: No.
Homer: Ham?
Lisa: No.
Homer: Pork chops?
Lisa: Dad, those all come from the same animal.
Homer: Heh heh heh. Ooh, yeah, right, Lisa. A wonderful, magical animal.

Laywer: Well, what about that tatoo on your chest? Doesn't it say Die, Bart, Die?
Sideshow Bob: No, that's German for 'The Bart, The."
Parole Judge: No one who speaks German can be an evil man! Parole Granted!

Education is no substitute for intelligence. That elusive quality is defined only in part by puzzle-solving ability. It is in the creation of new puzzles reflecting what your senses report that you round out the definitions.
* Mentat Text One (decto)

Be warned. Understand nothing. All comprehension is temporary.
* Mentat Fixe (adacto)

Power bases are very dangerous because they attract people who are truly insane, people who seek power only for the sake of power.

* Leto

Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby Zankou 2.0 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:49 pm

Denis Leary wrote:Most people think life sucks, and then you die. Not me. I beg to differ. I think life sucks, then you get cancer, then your dog dies, your wife leaves you, the cancer goes into remission, you get a new dog, you get remarried, you owe ten million dollars in medical bills but you work hard for thirty-five years and you pay it back and then -- one day -- you have a massive stroke, your whole right side is paralyzed, you have to limp along the streets and speak out of the left side of your mouth and drool but you go into rehabilitation and regain the power to walk and the power to talk and then -- one day -- you step off a curb at Sixty-seventh Street, and BANG you get hit by a city bus and then you die. Maybe.
--Zankou II

The thin line between genius and insanity is less of a border than a union.

"Science can purify religion from error and superstition; religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes. Each can draw the other into a wider world, a world in which both can flourish."
--Pope John Paul II

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein

black bart
Resident Weevil

Homer

Postby black bart » Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:19 am

Scully: Homer, we're going to ask you a few simple yes or no questions. Do you understand?
Homer: Yes. (lie dectector blows up)
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.

Rev. Rowan Redbeard
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:19 pm

Ambrose Pierce wrote:Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum (I think that I think, therefore I think that I am.)
—Captain the Reverend Lord C.S. Rowan, Lord of Glencoe, Minister of Pastafarianism, Gentleman Pirate

By reading this post, you agree that you are solely responsible for your reaction to it.
The poster takes no responsibility for any offense taken where none was meant. Except in cases of accidental microaggressions, in which case please explain it, so that we may better understand.

Beeblebrox
Ziti Zealot

Postby Beeblebrox » Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:40 pm

William Shakespeare wrote:"Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the citizenry into a patriotic fervor, for patriotism is indeed a double-edged sword. It both emboldens the blood, just as it narrows the mind...And when the drums of war have reached a fever pitch and the blood boils with hate and the mind has closed, the leader will have no need in seizing the rights of the citizenry. Rather, the citizenry, infused with fear and blinded by patriotism, will offer up all of their rights unto the leader, and gladly so. How do I know? For this is what I have done. And I am Caesar."

Carl Sagan wrote:For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology.

We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces.

Think of how many religions attempt to validate themselves with prophecy. Think of how many people rely on these prophecies, however vague, however unfulfilled, to support or prop up their beliefs. Yet has there ever been a religion with the prophetic accuracy and reliability of science?

An old Physics professor of mine wrote: The 3 laws of Thermodynamics: You can't win. You can't break even. You can't even get out of the game.

Rev. Rowan Redbeard

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:21 pm

every mother wrote:Because I said so!
—Captain the Reverend Lord C.S. Rowan, Lord of Glencoe, Minister of Pastafarianism, Gentleman Pirate

By reading this post, you agree that you are solely responsible for your reaction to it.
The poster takes no responsibility for any offense taken where none was meant. Except in cases of accidental microaggressions, in which case please explain it, so that we may better understand.

farfalla
Feline Fatale

Postby farfalla » Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:43 am

"People will forgive you when you are wrong, but never when you are right." Jay Pittman

Rev. Rowan Redbeard

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard » Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:55 am

Billy Crystal wrote:Women need a reason to have sex. Men just need a place.

Rev. Rowan Redbeard

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard » Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:43 pm

Ursula K. LeGuin wrote:What sane person could live in this world and not be crazy?

Bangstrom wrote:People used to explore the dimensions of reality by taking LSD to make the world look weird.
Now the world is weird and they take Prozac to make it look normal.

Ziggy
Gramigna Grand Admiral

Postby Ziggy » Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:16 pm

I would give my right arm to have somebody else sing my music.. Well, maybe not my right arm. I would give somebody else's right arm to have somebody else sing my music.

-David Bowie
I ♥ mrgreen :mrgreen:

Rev. Rowan Redbeard

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard » Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:32 pm

Sacha Guitry wrote:When a man steals your wife, there is no better revenge than to let him keep her.

capidosia
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby capidosia » Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:53 am

always remember that just because someone is part of an ethnic minority, dosn't mean they cannot be a small minded, petty jerk

from a pratchett book, i forget which one.
i wanted to put something intellegent here, but thinking hurt too much

(please ingore any gramitical or spelling mistakes... the keyboard at my work is nackered.. and the idiot who uses it has no spell checker, and a learning dissablity... so bear with me please.)

MPTrooper

Postby MPTrooper » Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:28 am

High Inquisitor Tooth.

"Innocence is an illusion, there are only degrees of guilt"

Rev. Rowan Redbeard

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard » Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:01 pm

Rudyh wrote:Life is like a role of toilet paper; hopefully long and useful, but it always ends at the wrong moment.

Beardyoldblaggard
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby Beardyoldblaggard » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:19 am

"vidi, vici, veni"

Return to “Games, Fun, and Jokes”