What's The Last Movie You Saw?

Book discussions, Author discussions, general book talk, also films.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

pieces o'nine
Look Upon Her Works, Ye Migyt, and Despair!

Re: What's The Last Movie You Saw?

Postby pieces o'nine » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:04 pm

Mystery Men -- a critically acclaimed film which could fuel a new round of avatar changes amongst bored pirates.
I will honor Monkey in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.
~Charles "Darwin" Dickens

black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby black bart » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:45 am

pieces o'nine wrote:Mystery Men -- a critically acclaimed film which could fuel a new round of avatar changes amongst bored pirates.

Hmmmmm....bags I the 'Invisible Boy' (who's only invisible when no ones looking. It's a hard choice actually.
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Qwertyuiopasd » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:55 am

I saw Capitan USA. Pretty good, about what I expected. And I expected a good movie. I get it, Marvel can make a good superhero movie. I'm almost bored of them, at this point. XD But the characters are still worth it, and my guess is Avengers will be something a tad more mindblowing.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.

Ravi Oli
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby Ravi Oli » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:46 pm

Rise of the Planet of the Apes
Wasn't expecting too much of it but it is actually quite good. Our scientists here would prolly pick the tech apart and the lead chimps are a bit out of scale, but ignoring that, a seemingly feasible storyline that flows well.
Send lawyers, guns and money...

Bug
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Bug » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:11 pm

Ravi Oli wrote:Rise of the Planet of the Apes
Wasn't expecting too much of it but it is actually quite good. Our scientists here would prolly pick the tech apart and the lead chimps are a bit out of scale, but ignoring that, a seemingly feasible storyline that flows well.

Get your hands off me, you damn dirty ape! :drinking:
Error: Clever pun and random quote not found

Ravi Oli
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby Ravi Oli » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:47 am

Image ^ Caesar says 'NOOOOOOO!!' :evilgrin:

Tigger_the_Wing
She Who Gets It
Location: Ex-Pyrate of the Canberrean, now bobbing about in Cork

Postby Tigger_the_Wing » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:56 am

Ravi Oli wrote:
Tigger_the_Wing wrote:I saw "Beautiful Lies" at the weekend.....

bart wrote:Mystery Men...one of my favourites.

Downloaded both on your recommends... even tho I know not what they are about. Tig I hope yours is not too 'chick-flicky'. :cry: :haha:

Mine isn't 'chick-flicky' to any degree whatsoever. I hate, loathe and detest 'chick-flicky' stuff. :furious:

gronank
Vermicelli Vizier

Postby gronank » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:57 pm

I was wondering what is more difficult: to teach apes to use modified assualt rifles, or to get the research funds to try it out.
Disclaimer: Anything I say on topics of Politics, Economics, Pychology, History, really anything not concerned with the natural sciences and mathematics and especially topics concerning human behavior and/or thoughts, that is not associated with a proper reference is pure speculation on my part.

black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby black bart » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:34 am

gronank wrote:

I was wondering what is more difficult: to teach apes to use modified assualt rifles, or to get the research funds to try it out.

If you gave an infinite number of monkeys an infinite number of assault rifles...you'd be a bloody idiot.
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.

Ravi Oli
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby Ravi Oli » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:58 am

^If you faced an infinite number of bloody idiots with just a few assault rifles loaded with live rounds, then England wouldn't be burning...

Just downloaded this Bollywood Best Action Movie Ever....

black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby black bart » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:46 am

Ravi Oli wrote:^If you faced an infinite number of bloody idiots with just a few assault rifles loaded with live rounds, then England wouldn't be burning...

Just downloaded this Bollywood Best Action Movie Ever....

Fantastic I always wondered what happened to Benny Lava and his goat .*

*If you can bear to watch the whole video you will see the immortal lines "who put the goat in there?"

Ravi Oli
Sorcerer of Sauce

Postby Ravi Oli » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:23 am

:lol: ^ Benny Lava had a lot to answer for with some of the terrible copycats he inspired.

fueledbycoffee
Stripmeister

Postby fueledbycoffee » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:07 pm

Just finished Y Tu Mama Tambien. Excellent film, and the final scene was a nearly perfect execution of Chekhov's Gun. I love that there's really three stories wrapped into one, the main plot, about the road trip, then the story of rural Mexico at the end of the last century, and the politics, scenes and people that make it up, and the third, which I can't say without spoiling it for anyone who might see it, but once the Gun goes off, much of the rest of the film makes a great deal of sense.

Next up, since I seem to be on Gael Garcia Bernal kick, is Even the Rain.
Vote Pieces for Pope! She didn't buy me off with the funny hat, I swear!... She made me a cardinal.

Clifford
Humble Hermit

Postby Clifford » Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:37 pm

Last Film I saw was Super 8.

Imagine Cloverfield, you remember Cloverfield, right? Now imagine Cloverfield Spielberg style, with children and lots of hoo-rah. That's my description of the film.
Clifford

By the power invested in me by tabloid-reading imbeciles, I name you a pedo-dog!

The Pedo-Finder General

RAmen

Julius Aurora
Agnolini Admiral

Postby Julius Aurora » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:14 pm

^So basically I don't want to see it then. Well the trailers did look a bit boring.

Rise of the planet of the Apes, yeah, it was alright. Nothing to write home about but worth watching for the novelty.
1. The cosmos is a gigantic flywheel making 10,000 revolutions a minute.
2. Man is a sick fly taking a dizzy ride on it.
3. Religion is the theory that the wheel was designed and set spinning to give him a ride.
- Henry Mencken

Diabolus fecit, ut id facerem!

Return to “Books and Authors, Films and Directors”