What's The Last Movie You Saw?

Book discussions, Author discussions, general book talk, also films.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Re: What's The Last Movie You Saw?

Postby daftbeaker » Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:56 pm

Scott the Pirate wrote:
PKMKII wrote:
Scott the Pirate wrote:Kelsey says that she won't even watch it with me. Funny, but i sit through all of her stupid cheesy horror films!!!! :furious:

Why not?

She's 100% opposed to anything Star Trek. You could market a delicious candy bar with the words "Star Trek" on it and no matter how good it is, she wouldnt try it....

To be fair, that's exactly the attitude I had before I saw it on offer in Sainsburys. I'd consider buying it (not that it's a victory for piracy) :whistle:
Too old to give up but too young to rest - Pete Townshend

I would rather be a rising ape than a falling angel - Sir Terry Pratchett

Rev. Rowan Redbeard
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:27 pm

Ubi Dubium wrote:But it was a hit, so let's see if they make part 2, and get rid of the time paradox before the temporal police show up.

Personally, I'd prefer Dr. Who to come in and save the day.
—Captain the Reverend Lord C.S. Rowan, Lord of Glencoe, Minister of Pastafarianism, Gentleman Pirate

By reading this post, you agree that you are solely responsible for your reaction to it.
The poster takes no responsibility for any offense taken where none was meant. Except in cases of accidental microaggressions, in which case please explain it, so that we may better understand.

Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Postby Scott the Pirate » Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:28 am

Miss March. I...i...don't really know what to say. It was...sick, disgusting and wrong. I liked it.
Roy Hunter wrote:Then, when you've got to know them a bit and their defences are down, you go all Scott the Pirate on them...
:lech:

PKMKII
Senior New York Correspondent

Postby PKMKII » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:33 pm

Watched Serenity last night.

YE BE WARNED: MASSIVE SPOILERS BELOW THIS POINT. IF YOU WANT TO WATCH THIS MOVIE AND BE SURPRISED, DO NOT KEEP READING.

Seriously, stop.

Okay, first off: why'd they kill Wash!? He was my favorite character! I understood killing off Book, his character was the weakest on the show. But Wash was so much fun :cry:

Two things I noticed were starkly different from the show. The movie did not have much of a Western feel to it. Outside of the opening heist, there wasn't much in the way of Western-style locales. The other thing, is that in the show, you got the feeling of space as being a vast, empty void, with long stretches between planets. The movie made it feel much more like all these planets were relatively close, and that getting from one planet to another was a hop, skip and a jump.

I did appreciate that the broadcasting of the Miranda incident tape didn't destroy the Alliance, merely wounded it. Too often films and shows depict "Big Secrets" as having the potential to single-handedly overthrow governments and elected officials, when reality shows that that almost never pans out.
"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré

Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Postby Scott the Pirate » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:08 pm

The newer Dawn of the Dead an instant classic!!!
Roy Hunter wrote:Then, when you've got to know them a bit and their defences are down, you go all Scott the Pirate on them...

Ubi Dubium
Stripmeister

Postby Ubi Dubium » Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:49 pm

Puppies should not be watching depressing conceptual films like that! It will give you bad puppy dreams!
Open your mind, but not so far your brain falls out

"Hurry up, before we all come to our senses!" - King Julien

Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Postby Scott the Pirate » Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:31 pm

Night of the Living Dead was on last night! We MST3k'd it!

Rev. Rowan Redbeard

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard » Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:34 pm

Igor.

kinda cute
—Captain the Reverend Lord C.S. Rowan, Lord of Glencoe, Minister of Pastafarianism, Gentleman Pirate

By reading this post, you agree that you are solely responsible for your reaction to it.
The poster takes no responsibility for any offense taken where none was meant. Except in cases of accidental microaggressions, in which case please explain it, so that we may better understand.

Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Postby Scott the Pirate » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:47 pm

Coyote Ugly is on the TV....

I'm in the other room.

Rev. Rowan Redbeard

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:20 am

Still Igor, though thinking about finishing The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (which was interrupted by amorous activity while attempting to watch the first time).

Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Postby Scott the Pirate » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:59 am

you got laid watching Benjamin Button?!?!?!?!?!

Valanthe
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Valanthe » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:34 pm

Watched The Legend of Hell House last night. Good haunted house film. Low-budget, but I thought it was very well done.
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. -Lazarus Long

ImageImage
Here there be dragons

~NoodleDemon~
Brewmeister

Postby ~NoodleDemon~ » Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:52 pm

Boondock Saints, American History X, Pineapple Express, and The Mask of Zorro. Not much to do besides watch movies when your body has become a haven for all disease...
I hope you're on the recieving end of an improbability equation wherein something happens to you that's as unlikely as Rob Schneider winning a best actor Oscar on the same day Michael Jackson single handedly captures Osama Bin Laden. ~ Rainswept

O.K. Everything else is just stuff you do while you are waiting to have sex. Sin. WoE. ~ Warlord of Elephants

Image Image Image

pieces o'nine
Look Upon Her Works, Ye Migyt, and Despair!

Postby pieces o'nine » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:17 am

Just finished a double feature (The Haunting & The Shining) with our exchange student.
He liked them. :smile:
I will honor Monkey in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.
~Charles "Darwin" Dickens

bacon
Everything's Better With Bacon

Postby bacon » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:25 pm

rewatched reservoir dogs the other day
Get your bake on. Image

TwistedSister wrote:You can't go wrong with a side of Bacon on your side.........

Return to “Books and Authors, Films and Directors”