The Video Games Thread

Book discussions, Author discussions, general book talk, also films.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

black bart
Resident Weevil

Re: The Video Games Thread

Postby black bart » Wed May 04, 2011 10:52 am

Roy Hunter wrote:
black bart wrote:Allright...which one of you hacked into the playstation network? :furious:
What? Are you trying to convince us your credit card details are worth something?
:lol:

I'm just hoping that the same thing doesn't happen to Xbox Live: they've got my credit card details*; and being Microsoft, if they have to shut it down it will take two weeks to start up again.

*Much like yours, I suspect: "Yes, we gave him a credit card. Yes, we now deeply regret that decision. Signed, The Bank".

The playstation network has been down for at least a week already. Luckily I'm not playing any games online at the moment.
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.

fueledbycoffee
Stripmeister

Postby fueledbycoffee » Wed May 04, 2011 2:09 pm

Mount & Blade: With Fire & Sword is out. Can't wait to try it.
Vote Pieces for Pope! She didn't buy me off with the funny hat, I swear!... She made me a cardinal.

black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby black bart » Fri May 06, 2011 8:53 am

I called out a British Gas Engineer because I have the 3 Star cover and our electric shower has packed in...you are probably thinking 'what has this got to do with video games?' Unfortunately the cover does not extend to the actual Shower Unit so the guy couldn't help me but on his way out he spotted my Playstation...'Oh he said, you've got the original fat Playstation 3, is it still working?' When I replied yes he gave me detailed instructions of what to do when it breaks down! :facewall:
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.

gronank
Vermicelli Vizier

Postby gronank » Fri May 06, 2011 4:06 pm

^Great, you can now play Playstation in the shower,when you get it to work that is. I guess there is nothing to stop you to play in the shower without warm water but that seems kind of pointless, I mean, what is the point of the shower if it isn't enjoyable?
Disclaimer: Anything I say on topics of Politics, Economics, Pychology, History, really anything not concerned with the natural sciences and mathematics and especially topics concerning human behavior and/or thoughts, that is not associated with a proper reference is pure speculation on my part.

black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby black bart » Mon May 09, 2011 6:37 am

gronank wrote:^Great, you can now play Playstation in the shower,when you get it to work that is. I guess there is nothing to stop you to play in the shower without warm water but that seems kind of pointless, I mean, what is the point of the shower if it isn't enjoyable?

You're not an electrician are you?

gronank
Vermicelli Vizier

Postby gronank » Mon May 09, 2011 7:00 am

black bart wrote:You're not an electrician are you?

The water could possibly break the game, but that's ok since you have learned how to fix it!
Disclaimer: Anything I say on topics of Politics, Economics, Pychology, History, really anything not concerned with the natural sciences and mathematics and especially topics concerning human behavior and/or thoughts, that is not associated with a proper reference is pure speculation on my part.

black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby black bart » Tue May 10, 2011 8:58 am

I have commenced the great digital adventure that is 'Mass Effect 2'.

Julius Aurora
Agnolini Admiral

Postby Julius Aurora » Tue May 10, 2011 5:54 pm

black bart wrote:I have commenced the great digital adventure that is 'Mass Effect 2'.

Don't kill Shepard! I did. :cry:
1. The cosmos is a gigantic flywheel making 10,000 revolutions a minute.
2. Man is a sick fly taking a dizzy ride on it.
3. Religion is the theory that the wheel was designed and set spinning to give him a ride.
- Henry Mencken

Diabolus fecit, ut id facerem!

Horza
Ziti Zealot

Postby Horza » Wed May 11, 2011 4:26 am

It never really caught me Mass Effect 2, I think I was disappointed that there was less opportunity for tweaking the character stats compared to 1. I never finished it, in fact barely started it. :(

I have lego pirates inbound though!

Clifford
Humble Hermit

Postby Clifford » Wed May 11, 2011 6:37 pm

CAN'T. STOP. MINING.
Clifford

By the power invested in me by tabloid-reading imbeciles, I name you a pedo-dog!

The Pedo-Finder General

RAmen

fueledbycoffee
Stripmeister

Postby fueledbycoffee » Wed May 11, 2011 11:12 pm

Julius Aurora wrote:
black bart wrote:I have commenced the great digital adventure that is 'Mass Effect 2'.

Don't kill Shepard! I did. :cry:

NO SPOILERS!

Anyhow, I got the best ending possible, without even trying. Just do everything! And be nice.
Vote Pieces for Pope! She didn't buy me off with the funny hat, I swear!... She made me a cardinal.

black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby black bart » Thu May 12, 2011 5:38 am

Be nice??? How can you be nice to someone when you're pointing a disruptor gun at them and you're dressed in full body armour and you've spent about an hour making your face look like a cross between Mike Tyson and Attila the Hun?

fueledbycoffee
Stripmeister

Postby fueledbycoffee » Fri May 13, 2011 12:48 pm

Just try to get your crew to like you and do their missions. And fully upgrade your ship. Yes, you have to spend that long mining. There's more detailed guides on the net.

Clifford
Humble Hermit

Postby Clifford » Fri May 13, 2011 4:34 pm

Always go for the instantaneous Renegade options in cut scenes, they're far more entertaining.
Clifford

By the power invested in me by tabloid-reading imbeciles, I name you a pedo-dog!

The Pedo-Finder General

RAmen

black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby black bart » Mon May 16, 2011 5:11 am

I think the girl with the tattoos fancies me.

Return to “Books and Authors, Films and Directors”