Watcha listenin' to?

Book discussions, Author discussions, general book talk, also films.

Moderator: Other Stuff Mods

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Re: Watcha listenin' to?

Postby Qwertyuiopasd » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:24 am

Jimmy Buffet, A Pirates Treasure. A collection of 20 supposedly piratical songs by Buffet. Or at least, a collection of songs, many of which are piratical, and probably (hopefully) including the entirety of his piratical songs.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.

Arkaeon
Lumache Lieutenant

Postby Arkaeon » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:02 am

Looks like an intriguing list, ADoS, some of my favorites in there as well.

Qwertyuiopasd: maybe that's just an album of songs he pirated off other people?

Currently listening to "Principles of Lust" by Enigma. It's soothing. The Cat People / Giorgio Moroder references always have a calming affect.
In case you didn't realize it, I DO have a sense of humor. How about you?
"I will not fear. Fear is the mind-killer... I will face my fear. I will let it pass over and through me, and when it has gone, only I will remain." --The Bene Gesserit
"Time is a spiral. Space is a curve. I know you get dizzy, but try not to lose your nerve." -- Neil Peart
"I'm not in the ship. I am the ship." -- River Tam
"The truth is simple. It's the lies that get complicated." -- me
"No matter where you go, there you are." --Buckaroo Banzai

black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby black bart » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:16 am

Got a spot of Arcade Fire on the Ipod.
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.

Ubi Dubius
Set bail, me hearties!

Postby Ubi Dubius » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:23 pm

Listening to pandora.com. Currently, the Blaggards, Drunken Sailor.
Davros, Attorney and Pieces of Law
Keeping up appearances is a very important activity in religion; in fact, maintaining tattered illusions is its main activity. - Richard Wade, on Friendlyatheist.com
We make an idol of our fear and call it God. -Ingmar Bergman, The Seventh Seal

PKMKII
Senior New York Correspondent

Postby PKMKII » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:42 pm

"Dance yrself Clean" by LCD Soundsystem
"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré

Arkaeon
Lumache Lieutenant

Postby Arkaeon » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:43 pm

"Veteran of a Thousand Psychic Wars" by Blue Oyster Cult. It was also heard in the original Heavy Metal soundtrack.
In case you didn't realize it, I DO have a sense of humor. How about you?
"I will not fear. Fear is the mind-killer... I will face my fear. I will let it pass over and through me, and when it has gone, only I will remain." --The Bene Gesserit
"Time is a spiral. Space is a curve. I know you get dizzy, but try not to lose your nerve." -- Neil Peart
"I'm not in the ship. I am the ship." -- River Tam
"The truth is simple. It's the lies that get complicated." -- me
"No matter where you go, there you are." --Buckaroo Banzai

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Qwertyuiopasd » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:29 pm

Jack Theme Suit - Tiesto, off the He's A Pirate techno remix CD. This one doesn't involve any techno, though I suspsect Tiesto edited it together or something. It's a nice melding of the important themes from POTC, starting with the generic He's A Pirate/Jack Sparrow music going into all the rest of the permutations and variations, building up all the while.
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.

Arkaeon
Lumache Lieutenant

Postby Arkaeon » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:42 pm

Someone did a version of the Jack Theme Suite but with a montage of Jack O'Neill from Stargate SG1, including the battle with Anubis over Antarctica.

http://www.google.com/search?q=jack+the ... d=0CBsQqwQ

same good music

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Qwertyuiopasd » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:53 pm

Yeah, that's the track, more or less. Currently on Running Wild's 11 minute epic: Treasure Island.

Almighty Doer of Stuff
Brewmeister

Postby Almighty Doer of Stuff » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:04 am

Ashley and I listened to Ether Mix today while snuggling. It was quite lovely. We also picked a song that I chose for the mix CD, "Soul Meets Body" by Death Cab For Cutie, as our likely wedding song. You can't really dance to it, but that's fine because we don't dance, except for my own rhythmless, wildly-flailing, jumping-around, face-contorting style of dance, which she has forbidden me from doing at our wedding. :whistle: We'll probably find some other way to work the song into our wedding.
[email protected]#@#@#@#@!!! CAUTION: THIS PERSON DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT. DISREGARD ANY APPEALS TO AUTHORITY, EXPERIENCE, OR ROMANTIC PROWESS. ANY CORRECT INFORMATION YOU RECEIVE FROM THIS MAN IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL. [email protected]#@#@#@#@!!!
-------------------------------
The Almighty Website of Stuff, home of my poetry and other artwork and other stuff!

bacon
Everything's Better With Bacon

Postby bacon » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:06 am

Patsy Cline - What a voice!
Get your bake on. Image

TwistedSister wrote:You can't go wrong with a side of Bacon on your side.........

Arkaeon
Lumache Lieutenant

Postby Arkaeon » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:19 am

"Pipeline" by Alan Parsons Project -- what a mind!

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Qwertyuiopasd » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:30 am

Feel - Matchbox Twenty

Arkaeon
Lumache Lieutenant

Postby Arkaeon » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:58 pm

"Race with The Devil on a Spanish Highway" (the live version)

Al Di Meola, Stanley Clarke, Steve Gadd, and Jan Hammer in concert. Truly awesome. It's one of those "you haven't lived until you heard THIS" kind of experiences of its genre.

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Qwertyuiopasd » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:49 pm

Currently on "Whistles The Wind" as I go through the "Within A Mile Of Home" album by Flogging Molly.

Return to “Books and Authors, Films and Directors”