What are you EATING right now?

Foods to make in praise of our Blessed FSM, pasta based and otherwise.

Moderator: All Things Mods

TwistedSister
Desperate, twisted cookie pusher

Re: What are you EATING right now?

Postby TwistedSister » Tue May 18, 2010 7:42 pm

I don't normally buy frozen Pizza, but we did have a DiGiorno crispy flat bread pizza, Tuscan Style Chicken for dinner.
It was rather good for frozen Pizza.

KC Observer
Mod

Postby KC Observer » Wed May 19, 2010 12:14 pm

Chicken enchiladas. mmmmmmmmmm.

bacon
Everything's Better With Bacon

Postby bacon » Wed May 19, 2010 1:00 pm

Leftover chicken with broccoli and mashed sweet potatoes. Yum Yum.

PKMKII
Senior New York Correspondent

Postby PKMKII » Mon May 24, 2010 10:05 pm

Baked Kale Chips (it's good)

daftbeaker
Help! I've fallen and can't get curry.

Postby daftbeaker » Tue May 25, 2010 6:47 pm

Rice avec anything I found in the kitchen. It turned out being rice with turmeric, cardamom and curry powder, drained and half a jar of black bean sauce added along with a bit of chopped up smoked ham. Was a bit bland so I added some Worcester sauce.

It's surprisingly edible although it helps if I think of it as a student Pork in Black Bean Sauce :idiot:

Ubi Dubius
Set bail, me hearties!

Postby Ubi Dubius » Tue May 25, 2010 9:05 pm

Italian sausage subs with grilled green peppers and onions. Hadn't made that before, but I eat it when I go to baseball games.

Ubi Dubium
Stripmeister

Postby Ubi Dubium » Tue May 25, 2010 10:32 pm

Italian Sausage subs without green peppers and onions.

I know I'm a little late on this response, but Roy, thank you for remembering that I'm a super-taster. Good memory! I can do milder curries, but nothing like vindaloo. Butter Chicken with piles of naan and rice is more my speed.

I think you are right about the brown sauce being overwhelming and good for those with few taste buds. I have a brother-in-law who is a non-taster, and he also dumps large quantites of strongly flavored sauces on his food, just to be able to taste it. He douses his shrimp in cocktail sauce, adores hot wings, and goes through large quantites of sriracha. His salads are loaded with radishes and he even likes American beer. Eating at his house is rather a minefield for me.

daftbeaker

Postby daftbeaker » Wed May 26, 2010 3:10 am

Ubi Dubium wrote:he also dumps large quantites of strongly flavored sauces on his food, just to be able to taste it. ...he even likes American beer.

Some mistake surely? Or is it that he can't taste anything so all beer tastes like water? :wink:

Almighty Doer of Stuff
Brewmeister

Postby Almighty Doer of Stuff » Wed May 26, 2010 10:17 am

I was going to eat breakfast, but I lost my appetite and am now eating my fist, because my brother has just informed me, without asking for my input, that he will be working at my great uncle's swimming pool store Monday through Friday this summer, leaving me with only two days a week, on weekends. I'd like to go yell at or argue with him, especially after the huge favor I'm doing him (unrelated to work), but my mother says she will mediate when she gets home from work. If I absolutely must work only two days a week instead of three like we'd previously agreed to, I'd rather have Saturdays off and work one weekday so I can have a choice to see Ashley on Fridays and/or Saturdays, as those are the most convenient days for her.

:furious:
[email protected]#@#@#@#@!!! CAUTION: THIS PERSON DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT. DISREGARD ANY APPEALS TO AUTHORITY, EXPERIENCE, OR ROMANTIC PROWESS. ANY CORRECT INFORMATION YOU RECEIVE FROM THIS MAN IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL. [email protected]#@#@#@#@!!!
-------------------------------
The Almighty Website of Stuff, home of my poetry and other artwork and other stuff!

daftbeaker

Postby daftbeaker » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:01 pm

Steak.

I like my steak like my bacon, burnt to a crisp and covered in brown sauce :antipasta:

ET, the Extra Terrestrial
Privvy Counselor

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:38 pm

Roy Hunter wrote:
daftbeaker wrote:Steak.

Cut the horns and the hooves off, wave a lighted match under it for twenty seconds or so, and plate it up with a salsa al pepe verde.
Your steak, I fix, señor...

Sounds about right. I had my steak for the decade of the 00's about six years ago. I don't want to jump on my steak for the 10's too quickly, I need to sort of savor my way up to it. I'll probably have it around 2016 some time.

Tonight, I made the legendary Burritos of Doom again. First time in a couple of months, just did it on a whim. Yummy.

PKMKII

Postby PKMKII » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:17 am

Thought I posted this already, but oh well:

I like my steak like my bacon, burnt to a crisp and covered in brown sauce :antipasta:

Crisp on the outside is fine, but I hope you're keeping it medium rare in the middle.

And sauce either ruins a good steak, or covers for a bad one.

daftbeaker

Postby daftbeaker » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:40 am

PKMKII wrote:

Crisp on the outside is fine, but I hope you're keeping it medium rare in the middle.

What part of 'burnt to a crisp' is confusing? :moon: I don't mind it if it has a bit of blood but I prefer it cooked through.

I never understood the attraction of eating cow when I can actually eat cooked meat. I don't eat raw pork or chicken or lamb, why is beef different? :scientist:

TwistedSister
Desperate, twisted cookie pusher

Postby TwistedSister » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:49 am

Steaks are more tender if they are cooked medium, medium rare.
Crispy on the outside is good, as long as they are really pink on the inside.

PKMKII

Postby PKMKII » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:13 am

daftbeaker wrote:I never understood the attraction of eating cow when I can actually eat cooked meat. I don't eat raw pork or chicken or lamb, why is beef different? :scientist:

First off, it's not raw, it's medium rare. Second, when you cook steak to the point that it's gray in the middle, it gets tough and dry. Which is probably why you're drowning it in sauce.

Return to “Food”