What are you EATING right now?

Foods to make in praise of our Blessed FSM, pasta based and otherwise.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Ubi Dubius
Set bail, me hearties!

Re: What are you EATING right now?

Postby Ubi Dubius » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:07 pm

We had steak on the grill, pasta salad, and pineapple.

Oh, and a lot of candy. We got a bad box several months ago and complained. The replacements arrived today. Wow, they don't skimp.
Davros, Attorney and Pieces of Law
Keeping up appearances is a very important activity in religion; in fact, maintaining tattered illusions is its main activity. - Richard Wade, on Friendlyatheist.com
We make an idol of our fear and call it God. -Ingmar Bergman, The Seventh Seal

~NoodleDemon~
Brewmeister

Postby ~NoodleDemon~ » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:03 am

Leftover garlic bread.
I hope you're on the recieving end of an improbability equation wherein something happens to you that's as unlikely as Rob Schneider winning a best actor Oscar on the same day Michael Jackson single handedly captures Osama Bin Laden. ~ Rainswept

O.K. Everything else is just stuff you do while you are waiting to have sex. Sin. WoE. ~ Warlord of Elephants

Image Image Image

PKMKII
Senior New York Correspondent

Postby PKMKII » Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:17 pm

I attempted to make an amaretto cookie custard, but it turned out more like amaretto paste... methinks the recipe needs the egg and milk content jacked up.
"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré

Ubi Dubium
Stripmeister

Postby Ubi Dubium » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:28 pm

Nothing. Sigh. Dang gallstones, they flare up if I eat any later than 7:00 pm or so. I want to keep my gallbladder, so late night snacks have gone bye-bye.

I'm hoping to dream of a great big bowl of Doritos, all for me.
Open your mind, but not so far your brain falls out

"Hurry up, before we all come to our senses!" - King Julien

ET, the Extra Terrestrial
Privvy Counselor

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial » Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:17 pm

Chips and salsa (store-bought), warming up for Burritos of Doom.
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
("Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.")
-- Friedrich Schiller (1759–1805)
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
-- Philip K Dick

What happens when all the renewable energy runs out?
-- Victoria Ayling

English isn't much of a language for swearing. When I studied Ancient Greek I was delighted to discover a single word - Rhaphanidosthai - which translates roughly as "Be thou thrust up the fundament with a radish for adultery."

bacon
Everything's Better With Bacon

Postby bacon » Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:57 pm

ET, the Extra Terrestrial wrote:Chips and salsa (store-bought), warming up for Burritos of Doom.

what are burritos of doom?
can i throw them at my neighbors?
will they explode on impact or are they a timed device?
Get your bake on. Image

TwistedSister wrote:You can't go wrong with a side of Bacon on your side.........

PKMKII
Senior New York Correspondent

Postby PKMKII » Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:28 pm

Homemade butterscotch chip cookies
:idiot: :idiot: :idiot:
"How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, 'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed'? Instead they say, 'No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.'" - Carl Sagan

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection." - Henri Poincaré

Almighty Doer of Stuff
Brewmeister

Postby Almighty Doer of Stuff » Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:46 pm

http://www.libertybellmelrose.com/menu.htm
If you navigate to Fried Seafood Dinners, you'll see Fried Fisherman's Combo Plate. That's fried haddock, fried clams, fried shrimp, fried scallops, fried onion rings, french fries, tartar sauce, and cole slaw. Click the camera for a picture of the plate, with only one tartar sauce cup (there's three, although I'm sure they'd give you more if you asked for it) and no pint of cole slaw. That's a 9.5 inch plate. I ate about two fifths of the fried food plus the cole slaw, and took the rest home.
[email protected]#@#@#@#@!!! CAUTION: THIS PERSON DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT. DISREGARD ANY APPEALS TO AUTHORITY, EXPERIENCE, OR ROMANTIC PROWESS. ANY CORRECT INFORMATION YOU RECEIVE FROM THIS MAN IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL. [email protected]#@#@#@#@!!!
-------------------------------
The Almighty Website of Stuff, home of my poetry and other artwork and other stuff!

ET, the Extra Terrestrial
Privvy Counselor

Postby ET, the Extra Terrestrial » Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:34 pm

bacon wrote:
ET, the Extra Terrestrial wrote:Chips and salsa (store-bought), warming up for Burritos of Doom.

what are burritos of doom?
can i throw them at my neighbors?
will they explode on impact or are they a timed device?

Have just finished my Burritos of Doom, one normal one and one Nuclear Burrito of Doom.

Unbelievably, a search yields only one result for burrito posted by me, the one quoted above. I've posted the recipe a couple of times. Here it is from the How To Make Burritos thread in the Food subforum under All Things FSM - apparently the search function is as wasted as the email notifications.
ET, the Extra Terrestrial wrote:...as a card-carrying member of Gluttons Anonymous, I feel compelled to enlighten everyone as to the proper method of constructing the Burrito of Doom, two examples of which I personally consumed less than three hours ago. I make my own refried beans - grate a carrot into a frying pan, simmer in olive oil for a few minutes, add 0.5 chopped onion and 6-10 finely chopped cloves of the best garlic you can find (you should never use anything less than the best garlic), simmer for another 5 minutes or so, add 2 cans undrained pinto beans and 0.5 tablespoons cumin, then mash the snot out of the mixture with a potato masher, and cook over medium low heat. When the mixture starts to thicken, add a goodly fistful of chopped fresh cilantro. Don't even think about using the dried crap. Continue cooking until thick enough to be considered a paste. Serve while hot, dammit, don't let it cool off.
Your Burrito of Doom is costructed on an 8" flour tortilla, and it better have some structural integrity or you'll wish it had later. Slather way too much of the refried beans in a wide strip from one edge of the tortilla to about 0.75 of the way across. Pile more shredded cheese than is generally considered safe over the strip - we usually use extra sharp cheddar. Next add a layer of chopped onion - about half a cup should do it. Then chopped tomatoes, about 0.5 of one tomato is normal for me. Sliced black olives, enough to cover the steadily growing heap so it's hard to tell what's under the olives. Then about one entire jalapeno pepper, halved and sliced not too thinly. If you've measured correctly, there should be enough tortilla available to just barely fold up the bottom end, and wrap the sides around so you can hold the guts together. Make sure you have opened the bottle of hot sauce (McIlhenny's Chipotle Tabasco is recommended) before you pick up the Burrito of Doom, because once you pick it up, you're committed, you can't put it down without having it completely degenerate into a pile of scattered components. A properly constructed Burrito of Doom should weigh at least a pound. Don't plan on being physically active for a while after dinner.

Today's Nuclear version was constructed as above, only instead of the usual 9" tortilla, I used a 12" one. Now that was a burrito.
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
("Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.")
-- Friedrich Schiller (1759–1805)
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
-- Philip K Dick

What happens when all the renewable energy runs out?
-- Victoria Ayling

English isn't much of a language for swearing. When I studied Ancient Greek I was delighted to discover a single word - Rhaphanidosthai - which translates roughly as "Be thou thrust up the fundament with a radish for adultery."

Auntie Blackbeard
Gramigna Grand Admiral

Postby Auntie Blackbeard » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:50 pm

Thank ye so much fer arskin' , ye mangy swab !

Oi be haivg sum tung at thee momint , me DARRRRRRRRRLIN' !
Ye Crows Nest be open fer business me dearies.

Ubi Dubius
Set bail, me hearties!

Postby Ubi Dubius » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:03 pm

We had shish-kabobs cooked on the grill. Beef and bell peppers. It was fun. And yummy.
Davros, Attorney and Pieces of Law
Keeping up appearances is a very important activity in religion; in fact, maintaining tattered illusions is its main activity. - Richard Wade, on Friendlyatheist.com
We make an idol of our fear and call it God. -Ingmar Bergman, The Seventh Seal

Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Postby Scott the Pirate » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:56 pm

When i get home i'm going to throw a 1lb ribeye on the grill with some taters. The gf and i will split the slab though....
Roy Hunter wrote:Then, when you've got to know them a bit and their defences are down, you go all Scott the Pirate on them...
:lech:

Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Postby Scott the Pirate » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:56 pm

I made the greatest. sandwich. EVER. today!

I grilled a chicken breast that had marinated in a solution of water, lime juice, soy sauce, a touch of worchestershire, garlic, onions, and chiles for 24 hours. Before i put it on i gave it a rub of powders (garlic, onion, paprika, ceyanne and black pepper). When it was done i toasted a big bun over the coals and then put light mayo on the bottom part and my finishing sauce (bbq with some additions) on the top. I shredded the chicken, put it on the bun, slipped a thin slice of cheddar in there and voila! Awesome...

:drooling_just_writing_this_FSM:
Roy Hunter wrote:Then, when you've got to know them a bit and their defences are down, you go all Scott the Pirate on them...

Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Postby Scott the Pirate » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:05 pm

I'm going to smoke a bird today!

Almighty Doer of Stuff
Brewmeister

Postby Almighty Doer of Stuff » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:12 pm

I had several-years-old, home-made, pickled green tomatoes and garlic (they were still sealed and still good), and earlier I had a chocolate cupcake with lots of peanut butter icing and half a chocolate peanut butter cup on top! And yesterday, I had a pickled pig's foot! Tasty!
[email protected]#@#@#@#@!!! CAUTION: THIS PERSON DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT. DISREGARD ANY APPEALS TO AUTHORITY, EXPERIENCE, OR ROMANTIC PROWESS. ANY CORRECT INFORMATION YOU RECEIVE FROM THIS MAN IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL. [email protected]#@#@#@#@!!!
-------------------------------
The Almighty Website of Stuff, home of my poetry and other artwork and other stuff!

Return to “Food”