When did you become a pastafarian?

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

minicarma07
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

When did you become a pastafarian?

Postby minicarma07 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:08 pm

I knew immediately when reading the main page, that was it.

Plus I know I put many strippers through college and drank way more then enough beer to fill a volcano ( a long time ago ), and finally I married a little italian woman that loves to cook pasta and makes a killer sauce.
Converted Pastafarian

RedBeardedPirate
Conchigliette Convert

Postby RedBeardedPirate » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:43 am

I'm not so bold as to consider being something without sufficient evidence and scrutiny, so I first considered my other options. The gods and goddesses that other religions brought seemed too boring and outright mythical to be true, and their claims used absolutely no proof, especially those silly Christian creationists, they have the gall to call what they do "science" with the same lack of evidence.
So then I read many holy books, hoping one would have a great and powerful message, and at least be internally consistent and make true claims.
One day, last summer, I heard of the FSM, over a bowl of delicious spaghetti, and knew I had been touched by His Noodly Appendage. I read the Gospel, finding all the proof and reason that I hadn't found in other religions, and I knew that surely if there were a god, his holy shape would appear beautiful, inhuman, and be in accord with Nature. I knew that if a god did exist, this would be His message and claim: tolerance, a truly Good version of heaven, and His goodness would be apparent as the plate of pasta before me.
RAmen.

E.Raser two
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Re: When did you become a pastafarian?

Postby E.Raser two » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:12 am

minicarma07 wrote:I knew immediately when reading the main page, that was it.

When I wa child child and liked to eat bread after pasta, la scarpetta

minicarma07
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby minicarma07 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:08 am

Dont think that I just quickly jumped because of the noodly goodness appealed to me when I first heard of FSM.

I would have to say when reading the pages on FSM'ism, and noticing the use of logic, reasoning, and humor.

Noticing the research done which answered many questions other religions didn't and normally you would have to accept the answer as Because we said so ( prophets ), or because you can't argue with God and he said so, and that say so was based on a book written by said prophets. And how dare you ever question anything we say he said, but if YOU say he talked to you and told you different, you are insane because no-one talks to God. Yet they did?

Personally, I like the movie Dogma and its not the religion and following but being a good person.

I don't see any diety that if he/she/it was powerful enough to poof us into existance really so vane he/she/it would need everything living creature capable of understanding or requiring a diety to bow down and prey to them during their entire existance.
:worship:

I think the biggest things that shape my feelings towards a religion
1. do they require you to goto war in their name to convert others to that religion.
2. do they require you to give all your money so they can live in massive mansions ( something that I really enjoyed reading in the gospel of the FSM ) while everyone else lives poor. And OMG if you ask them to fork over a buck to help save someone.
3. Do the people that run the religion ( priests, rabbi, whatever ) live what they preach?
4. is everything that if fun or feels good, bad. ie sex and drinking.

How many other religions have you ever felt good or laughed when reading about when reading?

Is FSM'ism a real religion. Well it makes you happy and feel good, tells you to be a good person and enjoy life, and not to be mean to other people and most important enjoy pasta.

Its simple, I like it :)
Converted Pastafarian

Andrey Kurtenkov
Lumache Lieutenant

Proud tu be pastafarian!

Postby Andrey Kurtenkov » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:37 pm

Actually I believe that I was born pastafarian but I became spaghetti-conscious forty-one and a half years later.
:)
En mateno de hela ero, per la forĉo de espero, venas viglaj pastafaroj, vere fluganta gefratoj.
Ah, vi flugu, Nia Monstro! Vin observas milionoj serĉiantaj vermiĉeloj, per espero kaj per amo.
Kaj la bona pastafaro post la malfermita pordo, trovos la eternan vivon en pastafara paradizo!
Pastafarier aller Länder, vereinigt euch!
Българска пастафарианска църква (Bulgarian Pastafarian Church)
- за прослава на Макаронения Бог :worship: :fsm_float:

Wawizzle
Shaman of Ramen

Postby Wawizzle » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:53 pm

My life was truly touched by His noodly appendage immediately as I was reading the great Bobby Henderson's open letter to the Kansas School Board.

It was a divine moment of holy glorification. I felt a year younger, thinner, and enlightened more than I ever had.
“We are often hesitant to look at other faiths or to examine our own critically because we feel that, in doing so, we are being disloyal to our own deeply felt convictions. ... And yet our beliefs are not worth very much if they cannot stand up to any scrutiny.” -- James Livingston.

lordpunkmonk
Mystic of Meatball

Postby lordpunkmonk » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:56 pm

well I had heard about pastaferianism when I had gone to the stinking rose in beverlyhills (before I went to virginia) and someone pointed out the FSM bumper sticker and told me about it

now fast forward about a year I am living in virginia and playing flash games on my school computer when I notice a link at the bottom I could not tell what the link hd a picture of just then but I saw it had an interesting name it was called venganza.org as soon as I had entered the site I remembered that bumper sticker and decided to read the open letter and learned the actual movement and then decided to read some of the hate mail which was actualy what made me join
--LPM lord of the apocalypse
"The man with a clear conscience probably has a poor memory." --Lawrence J. Peter
111111111 x 111111111 = 12345678987654321

Elwood J. Blues
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Elwood J. Blues » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:58 pm

I became agnostic about seven months ago, I had been doubting for years, and I looked in the Holy Bible for answers to my questions, there wasn't anything there, people say that the bible was crafted directly from heaven, I realized then that it wasn't.

A few days later, I read the greater half of the Koran on the internet, once again, very poetic, but not much substance, and then I found this site while reading a webcomic, so I decided to check it out, I read the letter to Kansas State and was hooked, I "converted" and here I am.
An excerpt from a conversation I had with an evangelical christian at the Deathly Hallows release party,
"You know you're going to hell, right?"
"I'll meet you there ma'am."

minicarma07
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby minicarma07 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:49 pm

Elwood J. Blues wrote:I became agnostic about seven months ago, I had been doubting for years, and I looked in the Holy Bible for answers to my questions, there wasn't anything there, people say that the bible was crafted directly from heaven, I realized then that it wasn't.

A few days later, I read the greater half of the Koran on the internet, once again, very poetic, but not much substance, and then I found this site while reading a webcomic, so I decided to check it out, I read the letter to Kansas State and was hooked, I "converted" and here I am.

Welcome, and may his noodly appendage touch you :D

I am not much for saying anything about the other religions books of faith. Its theirs and they feel it makes them happy and fills their lives. Most of the mentioned religous followers of the books mentioned tend to get grumpy if you say anything other then a devine entity wrote it. So if thats what they believe, let them. But in that same turn, they should not tell me I MUST believe in what they do.

For others, like us who found this site, those books didn't do what we needed.

Now the Gospel of the FSM, now that is though provoking and humorous all at the same time.
Converted Pastafarian

~NoodleDemon~
Brewmeister

Postby ~NoodleDemon~ » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:54 pm

One day I went to bed a normal teenager in NJ, ad the next morning I was a pirate. With the dreadlocks, and everything!

Spontaneous Pastafarian Conversion.

I just... saw the light...
I hope you're on the recieving end of an improbability equation wherein something happens to you that's as unlikely as Rob Schneider winning a best actor Oscar on the same day Michael Jackson single handedly captures Osama Bin Laden. ~ Rainswept

O.K. Everything else is just stuff you do while you are waiting to have sex. Sin. WoE. ~ Warlord of Elephants

Image Image Image

MPTrooper

Postby MPTrooper » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:34 am

I've yet to become a Pastafarian.

So never.

I lubs me the interwebs!

EarthRise
Hox God

Postby EarthRise » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:48 am

MPTrooper wrote:I've yet to become a Pastafarian.

So never.

I lubs me the interwebs!

Don't lie; you're a Pastafarian to the core and you know it.
[...] the difficulty of believing that a perfect and complex eye could be formed by natural selection, though insuperable by our imagination, should not be considered as subversive of the theory.
-Darwin

Clifford
Humble Hermit

Postby Clifford » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:27 pm

I became Pastafarian after reading about it in the God Delusion
Clifford

By the power invested in me by tabloid-reading imbeciles, I name you a pedo-dog!

The Pedo-Finder General

RAmen

Theos
Ziti Zealot

Postby Theos » Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:58 pm

I became a Pastafarian when a girl couldn't go on with our relationship because me not being what she was; a brainwashed christian. :D

otma19
Conchigliette Convert

Postby otma19 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:00 am

I first heared about pastafarianism when visiting RichardDawkins.net, atheist forum. Not knowing what it was, I looked it up on wikipedia and then this website. That was last week, now 4 of my friends are interested/nearly converted.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by ignrance or stupidity.

Return to “All Things FSM”