More Famous All the Time

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

angus argyle
Maccheroncelli Missionary
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 5:33 pm

More Famous All the Time

Postby angus argyle » Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:06 am


User avatar
Robbobrob
Stele Second Mate
Posts: 384
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:24 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Postby Robbobrob » Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:23 am

Good stuff. CAn't believe that Pastafarians made them look like laughingstocks, by their own admission.

Too funny.

And if all else fails, blame the media.
Mad Rob Rackham, Pirate for Humanity.

"God made the Idiot for practice, and then He made the School Board."

- Mark Twain.

epictetus
Ziti Zealot
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:05 pm

Postby epictetus » Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:04 pm

This deserves to be added to the library of pastafarianism:


what should be so strange about a perosn believing in an all powerful flying clump of spaghetti that created the world? It's no more strange than the belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie named Jesus who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.



Respectfully, and in loving plagiarism,

RAmen!

Reverend Doctor Epictetus, Th.D.

MPTrooper

Postby MPTrooper » Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:50 am

epictetus wrote:This deserves to be added to the library of pastafarianism:


what should be so strange about a perosn believing in an all powerful flying clump of spaghetti that created the world? It's no more strange than the belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie named Jesus who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.



Respectfully, and in loving plagiarism,

RAmen!

Reverend Doctor Epictetus, Th.D.


Yeah but see most Christians don't believe that. I'm sure most atheist's believe that, but we theist's for the most part don't.

User avatar
Cricket
Bucatini Buccanneer
Posts: 274
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:12 pm
Location: Michigan

Postby Cricket » Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:45 am

MPTrooper wrote:
epictetus wrote:This deserves to be added to the library of pastafarianism:


what should be so strange about a perosn believing in an all powerful flying clump of spaghetti that created the world? It's no more strange than the belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie named Jesus who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.



Respectfully, and in loving plagiarism,

RAmen!

Reverend Doctor Epictetus, Th.D.


Yeah but see most Christians don't believe that. I'm sure most atheist's believe that, but we theist's for the most part don't.


This may be a regional deal, in our own little Michigan corner of the Bible Belt, because around here a whole lot of very vocal Christians believe exactly that. I get a lecture on some, sometimes all, of those points about once a week. With occasional comic relief from the "King James is the *only* Bible that counts".

I may be extra lucky with that because I'm basically a nice person, and a lot of my customers can't reconcile that with me not being Christian ('cause that just doesn't *happen*!!), so someone tries to save me at least once a week. Admittedly, the Holland area is famous for this stuff - the movie "Hardcore" was originally set in Holland, but they filmed in Grand Rapids supposedly because they couldn't get around Holland's blue laws (plus G.R. had better "grungy apartment buildings" locations).

I do believe that there are areas where a lot of the extreme characterizations of Christians don't hold true, but trust me, there are large areas where they do. Those areas are what sets off a lot of the knee-jerk reactions those of us who live with it daily are, unfortunately, prone to.

I once got canned by a shoeing customer because she asked me why horses had chestnuts, and I told her they were an evolutionary artifact. She got very upset that I would talk "that way" in front of her children...of course she *asked* me in front of her children...sigh...
Empusa's crew, so naked-new they may not face the fire,
But weep that they bin too small to sin to the height of their desire,
(Kipling)

User avatar
ChasIam
Ziti Zealot
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:13 am

Postby ChasIam » Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:32 pm

Cricket wrote: ......... ut once a week. With occasional comic relief from the "King James is the *only* Bible that counts". .............


So I am not the only one that hears that guff about the King James bible. I made mention of this in a previous post referring to a guy I work with that says the King James version is the right bible and is factually correct. He made it a point to inform a coworker who happens to be a Mormon that Mormons use the wrong bible. My head hasn't exploded yet but tomorrow is another day. :roll:
Everyone should have their own pirate ship!

Commander of Big Tuna II

User avatar
pieces o'nine
Look Upon Her Works, Ye Migyt, and Despair!
Posts: 8074
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:21 am
Location: Ocean o'Sand
Contact:

Postby pieces o'nine » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:55 am

Cricket wrote:With occasional comic relief from the "King James is the *only* Bible that counts".

One of my favorite instructors (a priest) referred to that one as: "The King James Version. You know, the one that Jesus wrote." :D

Too bad clerics seldom make those types of jokes in front of the people who are stuck believing it's true because it says it's true because its says it's true...
I will honor Monkey in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.
~Charles "Darwin" Dickens

User avatar
Cricket
Bucatini Buccanneer
Posts: 274
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:12 pm
Location: Michigan

Postby Cricket » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:04 am

You know, the one that Jesus wrote."


Goes right along with the famous, if likely apocryphal, "If English was good enough for God (or Jesus), it's good enough for me!"

Even my incredibly pig-headed self has given up explaining that evolution and the origins of life are two seperate, if related, issues.
Empusa's crew, so naked-new they may not face the fire,

But weep that they bin too small to sin to the height of their desire,

(Kipling)

User avatar
St John the Blasphemist
Lord of Linguini
Posts: 1385
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:37 am
Location: Brisbane
Contact:

Postby St John the Blasphemist » Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:24 pm

Cricket wrote:Goes right along with the famous, if likely apocryphal, "If English was good enough for God (or Jesus), it's good enough for me!"

Does anyone remember the time before King James when Latin was God's language?

epictetus wrote:what should be so strange about a perosn believing in an all powerful flying clump of spaghetti that created the world? It's no more strange than the belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie named Jesus who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.

I believe George Carlin deserves some credit here (yeah, yeah. I'm sure you all know who said it first, but, hey, you woulda got failed for plagiarism on your assignment if you didn't mention them).

St John the Blasphemist
Saint of Source Naming
Image

Intelligence: What stupid people think they have lots of.
Stupidity: What intelligent people wish they had less of.

I want you to know that everything I did, I did for my country.
- Pol Pot

Check out St JtB's MySpace page here!!


Return to “All Things FSM”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests