I am woman hear me ..

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Robbobrob
Stele Second Mate

Postby Robbobrob » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:21 pm

While most religions deal with emotions (the heart) or the spirit (the soul), or getting into the knickers of bicurious females (Wiccans), I like this one because it deals directly with my most important of bodily centers, my tummy.

No truer words were spoken than these: The way to a man's heart is through his stomach.

And, it is an empowering religion for all women, for all women are seen as extremely beautiful....given enough heavenly beer.
Mad Rob Rackham, Pirate for Humanity.

"God made the Idiot for practice, and then He made the School Board."

- Mark Twain.

Clifford
Humble Hermit

Postby Clifford » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:09 pm

I'm interested by your line of thought - keep going! :)

There are many factors which lead to religion, not just the fear of death - one is that they actually believe it.

(Responding to Robobrob above) Meh the man's heart is through his subconscious, and according to Freud, that means sex :) Thankfully this applies to everyone, not just men :D
Clifford

By the power invested in me by tabloid-reading imbeciles, I name you a pedo-dog!

The Pedo-Finder General

RAmen

EarthRise
Hox God

Postby EarthRise » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:23 pm

Ye Olde Religions celebrated women as the source of all life and biogenesis. They had the little statue-dolls of enlarged female forms, indicating opulence, to which they prayed. You could just reinstate that religion.

As a matter of fact, do. They knew how to party: eat, drink, screw in the forest all night.
[...] the difficulty of believing that a perfect and complex eye could be formed by natural selection, though insuperable by our imagination, should not be considered as subversive of the theory.
-Darwin

Clifford
Humble Hermit

Postby Clifford » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:24 pm

EarthRise wrote:Ye Olde Religions celebrated women as the source of all life and biogenesis. They had the little statue-dolls of enlarged female forms, indicating opulence, to which they prayed. You could just reinstate that religion.

As a matter of fact, do. They knew how to party: eat, drink, screw in the forest all night.

Are you referring to Paganism there? They saw female enatomy in the landscape around them, and worshiped it.
Clifford

By the power invested in me by tabloid-reading imbeciles, I name you a pedo-dog!

The Pedo-Finder General

RAmen

EarthRise
Hox God

Postby EarthRise » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:35 pm

Clifford wrote:
EarthRise wrote:Ye Olde Religions celebrated women as the source of all life and biogenesis. They had the little statue-dolls of enlarged female forms, indicating opulence, to which they prayed. You could just reinstate that religion.

Are you referring to Paganism there? They saw female enatomy in the landscape around them, and worshiped it.

What it Paganism that was responsible for the statue Venus of Willendorf?
[...] the difficulty of believing that a perfect and complex eye could be formed by natural selection, though insuperable by our imagination, should not be considered as subversive of the theory.
-Darwin

pasta_piratist
Conchigliette Convert

Postby pasta_piratist » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:37 am

Yeah but in Paganism they believe in re-incarnation too. Hence and afterlife, well .. another life etc etc.

BTW I don't think my newly invented religion will include giant statues of female body parts, not even small statues I'm afraid. But thanks for worshiping women and all our parts... I think :?

:wink:

EarthRise
Hox God

Postby EarthRise » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:38 am

pasta_piratist wrote:Yeah but in Paganism they believe in re-incarnation too. Hence and afterlife, well .. another life etc etc.

BTW I don't think my newly invented religion will include giant statues of female body parts, not even small statues I'm afraid. But thanks for worshiping women and all our parts... I think :?

:wink:

Can we still have the feasts and orgies plz?
-Darwin

PantyGnawer
Spam Bob Grill Pants

Postby PantyGnawer » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:41 am

pasta_piratist wrote: But thanks for worshiping women and all our parts.

Will do.....

SloPPy JoE
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby SloPPy JoE » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:54 pm

I've mentioned this somewhere in another thread. In the early religious writings, the language used made use of a gender neutral pronoun when referring to God. When these writings were later translated by the romance languages, that give gender to everything, and do not possess a gender neutral pronoun, God suddenly had to become male or female (i.e. El Dios, or La Dios?). Well, in a male dominated society and by then a male dominated religion.. the choice was simple. Again, just throwing that out there.

If you've never read it, check out the Book of Esther in the Old Testament of the Bible. It's the only book in the Bible that doesn't once mention God, and it's about a kick ass woman that helps the Jews fight extermination (Holocaust style). When you get your religion going, let me know.
"Sometimes the world seems like a big hole. You spend all your time shouting down it, but all you hear are the echoes of some idiot yelling nonsense down a hole." - Adam Duritz

Yes, Virginia, there IS a Flying Spaghetti
Monster.

طيران مكرونة هولة عظيمة.

Clifford
Humble Hermit

Postby Clifford » Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:04 pm

EarthRise wrote:
Clifford wrote:

What it Paganism that was responsible for the statue Venus of Willendorf?

Venus? That was more likely Roman or later ... Venus = Goddess of Love. I don't think you get Pagan statues.
Clifford

The Pedo-Finder General

RAmen

Almighty Doer of Stuff
Brewmeister

Postby Almighty Doer of Stuff » Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:31 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venus_of_willendorf

It's paleolithic. Sure as hell isn't Roman. The "Venus" moniker was applied by archaeologists going on the assumption that it was considered the ideal female form at the time, even though there's really no evidence for or against this idea.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paganism

"Pagan" is a very broad category. If the statue was religious in nature, and there's debate about that, it would be classifiable as "Pagan", insofar as that word even means anything useful.

Robbobrob
Stele Second Mate

Postby Robbobrob » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:32 pm

In its broadest definition, Pagan means any religion NOT part of the Judeo-Christian-Muslim (ie Abrahamic) tradition.

So, Hindu, Buddhist and Shinto, as well as Hopi and Roman would all fall under the definition.....making it rather useless.

A finer definition still holds onto all the various European traditions, such as Celtic, Vandal, Norse, and the Greeks and Romans. That is still a very wide base.

And then, if you throw in all the New Agers, and the revisionist histroy of some of the "Old religions", it becomes a real hodge-podge of beliefs.

All predicated on the notion that the God of Abraham was just another tribal deity, if even real (depending again, on the religion being asked).
Mad Rob Rackham, Pirate for Humanity.

"God made the Idiot for practice, and then He made the School Board."

- Mark Twain.

pieces o'nine
Look Upon Her Works, Ye Migyt, and Despair!

Postby pieces o'nine » Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:16 am

Your idea for a new, femme-affirming religion idea is appealing, pasta_piratist.

And yet, I call to mind the words of that blinding literary light, Richard Bach (as Jean-Paul LeClerc in One):
"What a blessed evening!" he said. "How rarely are we given the chance to save the world from a new religion!"

On the other hand...somewhere in the world, every twelve seconds, a woman gives birth. She must be found and by god she must be stopped.

On someone else's hand...as a woman who is similarly not willing to wait for heaven for respect, is it possible to be worshipped here on Earth without having to replicate my own crew of little pirates in the process? Otherwise, am I not still caught in the Big Three's Suitable-Role-For-Women net?

On someone else's other hand...not sure if I am really up for being worshipped. It seems like an awful lot of responsibility, what with being petitioned to solve people's problems and grant their wishes and smite their enemies and give them their daily pasta and provide winning lotto numbers and custom-tailor their satisfying encounters of the carnal variety. On reflection -- excepting for that last one -- being worshipped as a goddess sounds very much like being a human mother. Oh noes.

On...crap! All my scurvy friends are now two-fistedly clutching their grog tankards to deprive me of hands for further musings! Nonetheless, I'm interested in seeing how your plan develops, piratist. :)
I will honor Monkey in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.
~Charles "Darwin" Dickens

SloPPy JoE
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby SloPPy JoE » Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:24 am

pieces o' nine, when did women get so literate and intelligent? You must be a man, posting as a woman. Women generally have underdeveloped brains and small feet and can't use such big words. If they do, we should burn them at the sta--

I'm sorry, I'm still only a few years removed from my life as a religious person. Every once in a while I find myself backsliding. What I meant to say was, "Uh, yeah, what she said."

I worship women. The problem comes from the fact that women generally don't want to be worshipped. They actually crave the opposite. The old adage "Treat a woman like dirt and she'll stick to you like mud" has been true in my experience. So when you suggest that your new religion will have people worshipping women, does that really mean treating them like objects and not calling them when you say you will? Cuz girls secretly like that...
"Sometimes the world seems like a big hole. You spend all your time shouting down it, but all you hear are the echoes of some idiot yelling nonsense down a hole." - Adam Duritz

Yes, Virginia, there IS a Flying Spaghetti

Monster.

طيران مكرونة هولة عظيمة.

ausador
Conchigliette Convert

RE: sloppy joe

Postby ausador » Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:55 am

Dude, now we know why you are holding a dog instead of a girl in your avatar. Your entire post seems to be nothing more than a troll to get a reaction from the OP.

Having already read some of your other posts here it seems to me that you just don't get this place at all. If your looking for someone to fight with for fun go to the yahoo fight rooms and test your mettle there.

While it can be fun at times to play the devils advocate and rile people up just to witness thier response I do not understand why you are doing it here. In other words, if you do not have something of substance to say please just abstain from the conversation.
Ab aeterno Ab/Ex uno disce omnes Ad idem Ad absurdum.
Audiatur et altera pars E contrario A Deo et Rege Arduum sane munus.
Est modus in rebus Ante-Argumentum ad hominem Argumentum ad ignorantiam Ex animo.

"From the beginning of time, from one person, learn all people of the same mind to the point of absurdity.
Let us hear the opposite side from a contrary position from god and the king a truly arduous task.
There is a middle ground in things before an argument against the man argueing in ignorance from the heart."

Return to “All Things FSM”