Does Pastifarianism have a coming of age party?

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Zoidberg
Ziti Zealot

Does Pastifarianism have a coming of age party?

Postby Zoidberg » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:56 pm

My Jewish friends are getting bar mitzvahs and my Catholic friends are agetting confirmed, so I was wonder if we have an equivalent (albeit more fun one). Should I just have a party with spaghetti, wench's, and near-grog? I implore those who have been granted knowledge to share with a lowly cabin-boy.

Dan(da haole guy)
Vermicelli Vizier

Postby Dan(da haole guy) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:25 pm

Aloha..oi finks da..erm..excuse me!..i believe the operative terms in your post are "have a party.."..beyond that..i dunno, check out the "i'd rather you didn'ts"..but a party is a great way to "come of age" or just enjoy the Noodly benefits of :worship: :fsm: ....&, cabin boys aren't lowly..without 'em most uv our ships'd founder (we be a pillagin' bunch, but lackin' in requisite "tidy skillz" :fsm_yarr: )..
KAULANA NA PUA A'O FSM..HANO HANO..FSM NO KA OI..

Vulcan Tofu
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby Vulcan Tofu » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:01 pm

Which begs the question...when exactly does one "come of age" in Pastafarianism?
Bother, bother, bother...

Rev. Rowan Redbeard
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:11 pm

I suggest a week of Ramen dinners (just Ramen, no desserts) and light breakfasts/lunches as a mini-fast, to start on a Friday. The following Friday, eat nothing but fresh fruit until dinner. While you are eating nothing but fresh fruit, think back on who you have been and who you would like to be. Once you have thought about that, think very hard about who you are. Dress in full cabin boy regallia for dinner (a massive pasta orgy type dinner) after which, stand up and tell your friends and family who you are. What drives you as a person.

Then remove your cabin boy hat and replace it with a full grown sailor's hat.
—Captain the Reverend Lord C.S. Rowan, Lord of Glencoe, Minister of Pastafarianism, Gentleman Pirate

By reading this post, you agree that you are solely responsible for your reaction to it.
The poster takes no responsibility for any offense taken where none was meant. Except in cases of accidental microaggressions, in which case please explain it, so that we may better understand.

EarthRise
Hox God

Postby EarthRise » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:15 pm

Vulcan Tofu wrote:Which begs the question...when exactly does one "come of age" in Pastafarianism?

Actually, the phrase 'Coming of Age' is a perversion of an even older Pastafarian phrase, 'Coming of Lager.' When the phrase entered colloquial usage, many landlubbers assumed the end 'R' was just a manifestation of the pirate's love for that particular letter, and when pirates who introduced the phrase were completely wasted, the 'L' at the beginning of the word 'lager' was slurred and forgotten. Thus, the phrase 'Coming of Age' actually refers to an ancient ritual by which pirates would take out the new cabin boys (or any adolescent interested in Pastafarianism) and get them utterly wasted.
[...] the difficulty of believing that a perfect and complex eye could be formed by natural selection, though insuperable by our imagination, should not be considered as subversive of the theory.
-Darwin

Cardinal Fang
Humble Hermit

Postby Cardinal Fang » Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:56 am

:worship: EarthRise - that was probably one of the best answers I've ever come across. Well done!

CF
Cardinal Fang's Python Site
http://www.cardinalfang.net

My contact e-mail address is FAKE.
To contact me, my email is "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".

St John the Blasphemist
Lord of Linguini

Postby St John the Blasphemist » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:59 am

Every age is a coming of age in Pastafarianism.

St John the Blasphemist
Saint of Rites of Passage

Intelligence: What stupid people think they have lots of.
Stupidity: What intelligent people wish they had less of.

I want you to know that everything I did, I did for my country.
- Pol Pot

Check out St JtB's MySpace page here!!

Return to “All Things FSM”