FSM in D&D, very misrepresented.

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

kirayon
Maccheroncelli Missionary

FSM in D&D, very misrepresented.

Postby kirayon » Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:47 am

:cry:

For any pastaferians who may play D&D and actually understand what is expressed in this picture I find this to be a vast misrepresentation of our noodley creator.

First things first, making the fsm a playable race was not very nice, and although being able to recreate the earth and the mighty midgits, usually reffered to in D&D and such as dwarves, halflings, gnomes ect... I don't think it was very cool. And then only a +2 lvl adjustment? for the creator? Thats just not cool.

I propose we create an approperiate stat block for our creator.

KC Observer
Mod

Postby KC Observer » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:01 pm

FSM is omnipresent. :wink:
The Pope

Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Re: FSM in D&D, very misrepresented.

Postby Zankou 2.0 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:02 pm

kirayon wrote::cry:

For any pastaferians who may play D&D and actually understand what is expressed in this picture I find this to be a vast misrepresentation of our noodley creator.

First things first, making the fsm a playable race was not very nice, and although being able to recreate the earth and the mighty midgits, usually reffered to in D&D and such as dwarves, halflings, gnomes ect... I don't think it was very cool. And then only a +2 lvl adjustment? for the creator? Thats just not cool.

I propose we create an approperiate stat block for our creator.

D&D=Nerd
--Zankou II

The thin line between genius and insanity is less of a border than a union.

"Science can purify religion from error and superstition; religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes. Each can draw the other into a wider world, a world in which both can flourish."
--Pope John Paul II

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein

kirayon

Postby kirayon » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:06 pm

Pirates can be nerds too, your ship needs a cartographer doesn't it? Who better to be a cartographer than a guy that spends half his life drawing little maps and researching made up worlds? If I wasn't a D&D nerd I also wouldn't have been able to come up with that long dumb thing about alien overlords in whatever thread that was either, so be happy that I am a nerd and rejoice for I bring entertainment.
HAHA.....words.

Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby Zankou 2.0 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:10 pm

kirayon wrote:Pirates can be nerds too, your ship needs a cartographer doesn't it? Who better to be a cartographer than a guy that spends half his life drawing little maps and researching made up worlds? If I wasn't a D&D nerd I also wouldn't have been able to come up with that long dumb thing about alien overlords in whatever thread that was either, so be happy that I am a nerd and rejoice for I bring entertainment.

I didn't say nerd-ship was bad, i was just saying you were one.

Hey, by all means..nerds are alot better than geeks, or dorks. Nerds are just smart, and tend to play silly games. I myself could be classified as a nerd. i would be a Grammar Nerd, and a Chess nerd
Nerds FTW!
--Zankou II

"Science can purify religion from error and superstition; religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes. Each can draw the other into a wider world, a world in which both can flourish."
--Pope John Paul II

-Albert Einstein

kirayon

Postby kirayon » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:16 pm

Chess is a fun game, although I am not a fan of grammar but firefox has spell check and that is as good as I am going to get. The FSM also made it into the D&D books so he must have at least some love for the D&D nerds to reveal himself to them, even if he did disguise his name and the extent of his supernatural abilities.
HAHA.....words.

Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby Zankou 2.0 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:18 pm

kirayon wrote:Chess is a fun game, although I am not a fan of grammar but firefox has spell check and that is as good as I am going to get. The FSM also made it into the D&D books so he must have at least some love for the D&D nerds to reveal himself to them, even if he did disguise his name and the extent of his supernatural abilities.

I just had a revalation...I'm going to invent Pirate chess.
--Zankou II

--Pope John Paul II

-Albert Einstein

kirayon

Postby kirayon » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:20 pm

Zankou 2.0 wrote:
I just had a revalation...I'm going to invent Pirate chess.

Is the blob of spaghetti going to be the king or queen?
HAHA.....words.

Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby Zankou 2.0 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:22 pm

Oh...No...I didn't mean chang ethe peices.

I'm going to create a whole new game, based on chess.

Like, the Ship will beable to go to the other side of the board, and the first mate will frequently mutiny.

And there will be alot of drinking involved....
--Zankou II

--Pope John Paul II

-Albert Einstein

kirayon

Postby kirayon » Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:30 pm

hahaha Sounds like a good idea, you get on that and post it in games when your done. Then we can have pirate chess. I say each time you lose a piece you must chug a pint.
HAHA.....words.

Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby Zankou 2.0 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:40 pm

kirayon wrote:hahaha Sounds like a good idea, you get on that and post it in games when your done. Then we can have pirate chess. I say each time you lose a piece you must chug a pint.

I say each time you move a peice yuo must chug a pint!

Argh!
--Zankou II

--Pope John Paul II

-Albert Einstein

DaveL
Site Admin

Postby DaveL » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:52 pm

YArrrrgh...

Or stuff the chess and just chug the pint :D
Loosely Canonising and keeping it free for all Pastafarians
http://www.loose-canon.info/

kirayon

Postby kirayon » Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:01 am

DaveL wrote:YArrrrgh...

Or stuff the chess and just chug the pint :D

Wenches and gentlepirates, we have ourselves the new rules for pirate chess, I suggest we all play ourselves a couple of games to celebrate.
HAHA.....words.

MPTrooper

Postby MPTrooper » Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:37 am

FLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMP!

That is all.

codemartin
Ziti Zealot

Postby codemartin » Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:00 pm

To stay on target, on mean topic:

The Flump is not last a checked an expression of the FSM but rather a character from, this web comic as a repeating gag. However if one would want to put the FSM in to a Dnd campaign, it would be easy enough. First would you want the FSM as a divine figure, if so figure out what domains the FSM has and what abilities the followers receive, perhaps water walking if many of the follows are pirates.

If one would want to create a separate race of FSM followers that might be tricker. First you would compare the (insert race name here) of the FSM follower to a human race. You would see if there was a dramatic difference if so calculate the ecl bonus of said race. If any one wants I could make an FSM deity for dnd or a race or both.

In case anyone didn't figure it out, I play Dnd alot. :mrgreen:
I really have to update my sig.

Return to “All Things FSM”