Legal: Atheism is there. Am I allowed to...

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

watbeliever
Conchigliette Convert

Legal: Atheism is there. Am I allowed to...

Postby watbeliever » Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:10 pm

I'm an atheist, born christian. Am I allowed to write down my religion as pastafarianism in official documents?

How about agnosticism? Or other convictions?

Do I have to officially change my religion, like my homeplace?
Mind Engineering. Sub-loop phase. I'm looking for one single powerful pirate, to help me complete my journey to far away places.

I-Yah
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby I-Yah » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:18 pm

Am I allowed to write down my religion as pastafarianism in official documents?

I wonder... why not?[/quote]

EarthRise
Hox God

Postby EarthRise » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:49 pm

Pastafarianism won't be accepted as a real religion. You can try, but I doubt it will be recognized.
[...] the difficulty of believing that a perfect and complex eye could be formed by natural selection, though insuperable by our imagination, should not be considered as subversive of the theory.
-Darwin

brodieboy

Postby brodieboy » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:57 pm

A lot of people put themselves as Pastafarians on the last Australian census after an e-mail got around, but they were all put under the category "Not defined". same with the jedi.

Robbobrob
Stele Second Mate

Postby Robbobrob » Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:18 am

the next time I have to put a religion down I plan to put "Discordian Pastafarian Apatheist Unitarian Universalist." That should rightly mess with the minds of the data entry people.
Mad Rob Rackham, Pirate for Humanity.

"God made the Idiot for practice, and then He made the School Board."

- Mark Twain.

Moral Minority
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Moral Minority » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:46 am

Hmm. How can the Noodly one not be recognised when comie religions like Scientology are getting recognised?

Cardinal Fang
Humble Hermit

Postby Cardinal Fang » Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:18 pm

AZN Pride wrote:Hmm. How can the Noodly one not be recognised when comie religions like Scientology are getting recognised?

They have more money...

CF
Cardinal Fang's Python Site
http://www.cardinalfang.net

My contact e-mail address is FAKE.
To contact me, my email is "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".

I-Yah

Postby I-Yah » Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:11 pm

It's always about money.

Robbobrob
Stele Second Mate

Postby Robbobrob » Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:16 pm

That is the problem, and being pirates does not sit well with the establishment. Nor should what the establishment decides should sit well with pirates.

You see the paradox of wanting to be recognized by the very forces a good Pastafarian should be renoucing?

"A good religion is a form of treason." - Kurt Vonnegut in "Cat's CAradle"
Mad Rob Rackham, Pirate for Humanity.

"God made the Idiot for practice, and then He made the School Board."

- Mark Twain.

Shasta50
Ziti Zealot
Location: Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the galaxy

Postby Shasta50 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:16 pm

AZN Pride wrote:Hmm. How can the Noodly one not be recognised when comie religions like Scientology are getting recognised?

Wow... You ever hear of this nifty little thing called spellcheck?
first off...
An elipsis has 3 dots, not 1 (hmm... Not hmm), recognized, not recognised, two m's in commie, and that's it.
If any Grammar 's read this, I want to join!
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap

Sure, its nice to soar with the eagles, but hey, weasels never get sucked into jet engines.

----(\ /)------
----(o.o)-----
----(> <)-----
This is Bunny.
Bunny, as cute and cuddley as he may appear, is bent on world domination.
To achieve this he has decided to start by taking over the interweb, a step towards his ultimate goal.
To help him complete his quest and therefore ensure bunny domination, copy and paste him into your sig

farfalla
Feline Fatale

Postby farfalla » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:29 pm

Be kind Shasta50, he is from eastern Europe. Most of the time his spelling is better than mine, which isn't difficult.

Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby Zankou 2.0 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:37 pm

Shasta50 wrote:

first off...
An elipsis has 3 dots, not 1 (hmm... Not hmm), recognized, not recognised, two m's in commie, and that's it.
If any Grammar's read this, I want to join!

Well, actually...

Saying "Hmm" and ending with a period rather than an ellipsis is perfectly alright. Adding the ellipsis only serves to make the sound longer.

"Hmm..." is a thoughtful noise while "Hmm." is a noise of disagreeance.

"Recognized" is the American spelling, and, although "commie" is spelt with two M's, Engllish is not AZN Pride's first language, so he is given some leniance.

Also, YOU spelt ellipsis wrong. And you left out the word "Nazi".

In other words:

--Zankou II

The thin line between genius and insanity is less of a border than a union.

"Science can purify religion from error and superstition; religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes. Each can draw the other into a wider world, a world in which both can flourish."
--Pope John Paul II

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein

PantyGnawer
Spam Bob Grill Pants

Postby PantyGnawer » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:43 pm

Shasta50 wrote:

first off...
If any Grammar 's read this, I want to join!

I thought it was standard procedure to sterilize our grammar nazi's. How are they procreating?

And apparently that egoistic condescending self righteous mutation on chromosome 14 has gotten worse.

Isn't there some forum for english lit grad students who teach ENG 101 to freshman, where you all could convene, discuss punctuation, how cool Joyce was, and get this shit out of you. I mean ..... seriously!

This has been Bob Barker reminding you to always have your grammar nazi's spayed or neutered!

Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby Zankou 2.0 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:45 pm

PirateGuy wrote:I thought it was standard procedure to sterilize our grammar nazi's. How are they procreating?

And apparently that egoistic condescending self righteous mutation on chromosome 14 has gotten worse.

Isn't there some forum for english lit grad students who teach ENG 101 to freshman, where you all could convene, discuss punctuation, how cool Joyce was, and get this shit out of you. I mean ..... seriously!

This has been Bob Barker reminding you to always have your grammar nazi's spayed or neutered!

And to think, I was glad you were back, PG.
--Zankou II

The thin line between genius and insanity is less of a border than a union.

"Science can purify religion from error and superstition; religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes. Each can draw the other into a wider world, a world in which both can flourish."
--Pope John Paul II

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein

PantyGnawer
Spam Bob Grill Pants

Postby PantyGnawer » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:49 pm

Zankou 2.0 wrote:Well, actually...

Saying "Hmm" and ending with a period rather than an ellipsis is perfectly alright. Adding the ellipsis only serves to make the sound longer.

"Hmm..." is a thoughtful noise while "Hmm." is a noise of disagreeance.

"Recongnized" is the American spelling, and, although "commie" is spelt with two M's, Enlglish is not AZN Pride's first language, so he is given some leniance.

Also, YOU spelt ellipsis wrong. And you left out the word "Nazi"

In other words:

Agreed, fail, and Pwned.

Shasta, did ya see how Zank was able to totally pwn you, while all the time keeping his cool, never being dickish.

Thats constructive grammar criticism. You could take a lesson or two.

Return to “All Things FSM”