Beer restrictions

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Are you old enough to drink?

Yes, I'm older than 21.
24%
I live in another country.
44%
I drink non-alcoholic beer.
4%
I'm older than 21, but don't drink alcohol.
4%
Who cares, I drink anyways.
24%

Total votes: 25

russianfool20825
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Beer restrictions

Postby russianfool20825 » Wed May 16, 2007 11:14 pm

I just became a Pastafarian and noticed a slight problem. Well, you sort of have to be 21 to drink in the US, and I'm not yet. So, I just wanted to find out how many of you drink beer. And sorry if this is in the wrong section, but I think this is the best one, since this has to do with Pastafarianism.

xinjinbei
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby xinjinbei » Thu May 17, 2007 6:20 pm

I live in Finland and here you have to be 18 to drink beer :D not 21

S'presso
Agnolini Admiral

Postby S'presso » Thu May 17, 2007 6:28 pm

same here in canada.
18 (or 19?) to drink. not 21
Look! A new sig.
Blaaaaag.

Cuddly_Carpy
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Cuddly_Carpy » Thu May 17, 2007 6:35 pm

I'm in the UK, I'm 18, and I've been drunk lots of times! First when I was 16... in a field... he he he

It's illegal to give alcohol to children under 5 (for communion wine or summat I think... can't remember) but it's illegal to buy alcohol unless you're over 18... so there we go :)

Cryofdragon
Vermicelli Vizier

Postby Cryofdragon » Thu May 17, 2007 7:32 pm

I'm technically not of age, but that doesn't mean I haven't had plenty of chances. Honestly, I just don't like alcohol, I'd rather have a soda of some sort.
Still Alive.

russianfool20825

Postby russianfool20825 » Fri May 18, 2007 12:16 am

heh, in russia, noone cares how old you are. They sell it to everyone that looks at least 12. Im not in russia right now though. Oh well, let the waiting commence. :pirate_fish: But yes, soda is sometimes better. Mmmmm... brings back memories of giant sugar hangovers.

EarthRise
Hox God

Postby EarthRise » Fri May 18, 2007 12:22 am

I'm sure I might drink beer underage... if it were really good beer, and I could get over my hatred for even the smell of alcoholic beverages.
[...] the difficulty of believing that a perfect and complex eye could be formed by natural selection, though insuperable by our imagination, should not be considered as subversive of the theory.
-Darwin

kuro_mizu
Ziti Zealot

Postby kuro_mizu » Fri May 18, 2007 12:30 am

Geh! Beer = make me teh sick!

I tried it once and will never drink it again. I thought it was the most disgusting substance one could come up with. :(

Then again, I am the anti-party :P

DanWiley
Ziti Zealot

Postby DanWiley » Fri May 18, 2007 10:19 am

In th uk apparently

* If you're in a restaurant you can have a glass with a meal at the age of 14.
* At 16 you can drink shandy in pubs.

* At 18 you can start buying alcohol legally in pubs.

Frankly, that sounds reasonable, if vague. As a parent (I'm not) I'd like to see the law as over 12-14 to drink with a responsible adult (that is the adult buying it), 18 to buy it yourself. Prohibition till 18 just makes 16-18 year go out and get wasted because they think that they are being rebellious. I'd go as low as 12 because I think most 12 years olds would say "yuck" and any responsible adult would only buy then one or two (It would be a waste to buy more if nothing else).
If ignorance is bliss, why are so few people happy?

Ziti Zealot

Postby Avatar of Nothing » Fri May 18, 2007 2:19 pm

Nah, I really don't want to drink... I mean, once I'm of age I will, thats a given, but I doubt I'll ever go overboard (I.E. Drunk)

There are too many kids here (GTMO Cuba, yeah the place with the prisoners) That go out every weekend, get plastered, get laid and are complete idiots about it, its sickening really, :x and THEN they think they're better because theyre drinking and such, but they're killing brain cells faster then an ant colony in space.
I, in fact, have no relation to Avatar of Reason. My name developed several years ago on its own.

Platypus

Postby Platypus » Fri May 18, 2007 3:24 pm

russianfool20825 wrote:heh, in russia, noone cares how old you are. They sell it to everyone that looks at least 12. Im not in russia right now though. Oh well, let the waiting commence. :pirate_fish: But yes, soda is sometimes better. Mmmmm... brings back memories of giant sugar hangovers.

In russia, beer drinks you!!!

scottvd1

Postby scottvd1 » Fri May 18, 2007 3:51 pm

in england you can drink at home any time.
as i am only 16 i have to use a fake ID to get surved in pubs and grog shops. beer is great though. there is little i would rather drink exept pimms which is teh drink of the gods
Thou shalt give equal worth to tragedies that occur in non-English speaking countries as to those that occur in English-speaking countries
Thou shalt not pimp my ride
Thou shalt not quote me happy
Thou shalt not shake it like a Polaroid picture
Thou shalt not wish your girlfriend was a freak like me
Thou shalt spell the word Pheonix p-h-e-o-n-i-x, not p-h-o-e-n-i-x, regardless of what the Oxford English Dictionary tells you
Thou shalt think for yourselves

KC Observer
Mod

Postby KC Observer » Fri May 18, 2007 4:52 pm

The reason that alcohol sales to those under 21, in the U.S., are prohibited is because of drunk driving accidents. M.A.D.D. (Mother's Against Drunk Driving) was the iorganization behind that. The Fed's came out and blackmailed states who didn not comply with the 21 Y.O. age limit. They would withhold federal highway funds to those states who did not institute a 21 Y.O. age limit for drinking.

Used to be 19, in Arizona, when I was that old. In some states back then the age to be able to legally drink was 18. I used to party hardy when I was in my teens.
The Pope

russianfool20825

Postby russianfool20825 » Mon May 21, 2007 3:16 pm

Platypus wrote:In russia, beer drinks you!!!

I thought that was vodka...? :mrgreen:

EarthRise
Hox God

Postby EarthRise » Mon May 21, 2007 9:31 pm

russianfool20825 wrote:
Platypus wrote:In russia, beer drinks you!!!

I thought that was vodka...? :mrgreen:

The second anything crosses into Soviet Russia, all the roles are reversed.
[...] the difficulty of believing that a perfect and complex eye could be formed by natural selection, though insuperable by our imagination, should not be considered as subversive of the theory.
-Darwin

Return to “All Things FSM”