The little Pastafarian that Could

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Tonystark5008
Conchigliette Convert

The little Pastafarian that Could

Postby Tonystark5008 » Wed May 16, 2007 12:56 pm

(Or How to Increase Pastafarian Popularity)

I think that once we get enough funds and whatnot, we should try to start handing out Pastafarian bibles for free just like how the Christians do it. There were a bunch of guys in suits waiting one day right outside my high-school and they started passing out bibles to kids. We could do that. Also, do we have a myspace group? I barely use mine so I wouldn't know.

We can post ads on the newspaper too. If we make it abundantly clear what our goal is, we'll be able to get support.

NO.1 thing we MUST NOT do is insult or question the other religions' right to exist. That usually has a way of backfiring (which is stupid).

Next and most important; a revolution. Grab arms boys and girls. muahahahaha Join or DIE. lol jk. Maybe not just yet.

OOH! Write little children stories about pirates and the spaghetti monster. The possibilities are just endless.

Platypus
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby Platypus » Fri May 18, 2007 3:28 pm

I don't think we will ever have enough funds to give out free gospels, christians can do that because the christian church is one of the richest organisations in the world

russianfool20825
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby russianfool20825 » Fri May 18, 2007 4:46 pm

yah...we will never be able to get enough bible for a mass effect, since they cost 15 bucks each... I think they print their own bible for like 3 bucks each, if not less...

Mr.Aqua
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Mr.Aqua » Fri May 18, 2007 11:47 pm

I'm gonna do the obvious. Get a tattoo of the great FSM, then spend all of my paycheck each week to buy copies of our scripture.
For those of you who MUST know... The sky IS falling and we ARE gonna die...Image

EarthRise
Hox God

Postby EarthRise » Fri May 18, 2007 11:49 pm

If we can't pass out the Gospel, we could hand out little cardstock squares that have the eight I'd Really Rather You Didn'ts on them, along with the site.
[...] the difficulty of believing that a perfect and complex eye could be formed by natural selection, though insuperable by our imagination, should not be considered as subversive of the theory.
-Darwin

Ziggy
Gramigna Grand Admiral

Postby Ziggy » Sat May 19, 2007 1:25 pm

I think newspaper ads would be good too. Because we are mostly all in different locations, we could have an ad in all of our local newspapers.

c.morgan
Conchigliette Convert

Postby c.morgan » Sat May 19, 2007 4:14 pm

Large gatherings help increase profile as well. Has there been any efforts to put together a Pastafarian convention or something like that? With a few simple press releases and a gathering of enough people I suspect there would be a fair amount of coverage if it was a slow news day.

Modern Drunkard magazine has an annual gathering and they seem to cover two birds with one stone with that one. They get some attention and coverage and it looks like one hell of a time. Their last gathering was in Vegas I believe. I know that at least one of their conventions involved a midget as well. Perhaps the leader of that group is a closet Pastafarian. If I ever catch him sober enough I will have to ask.

Either way, if a couple hundred people dressed as pirates converged on a spot over a weekend, I suspect that some attention would be gained.

Return to “All Things FSM”