Official Ministry?

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Megesdal
Ziti Zealot

Official Ministry?

Postby Megesdal » Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:01 pm

I've really gotten into the teaching addressed in the gospel of the FSM. they make a lot of sense, and I want to spread the word to others.
But I dont just want be a reagular person preaching this stuff.

Is there a way to be an Officially ordained pastafarian minister?

:worship: :fsm:
:fsm:
May the FSM bless you and keep you.
May the FSM make his noodliness to shine upon you and bring you peace.
RAmen.

MPTrooper

Postby MPTrooper » Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:33 pm

No.

Megesdal
Ziti Zealot

Postby Megesdal » Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:25 pm

Ok, so I guess there isnt an official ministry....Anyone interested in starting one? I think it would be cool to be an ordained Pastafarian minister. 8)

RAmen.

Zankou
Brewmeister

Postby Zankou » Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:29 pm

No

Like I have stated to new members beofre, as has Cap, and Earthrise, we are NOT really a religion, more of a protest to ID in a science classroom.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
--Adam Savage, Mythbusters

"Oh what a tangled web we weave, When first we practise to deceive!"
--Sir Walter Scott, Marmion, Canto vi. Stanza 17.

"Take what you can!", "Give nothing back!"
--Pirates of the Caribbean

Zankou, Vice Fuhrer of The Grammar Nazis.

Click here!

unasdoop
Ziti Zealot

Postby unasdoop » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:45 am

:D I beleive... :D

Zankou
Brewmeister

Postby Zankou » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:16 pm

what does "beleive" mean?
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
--Adam Savage, Mythbusters

"Oh what a tangled web we weave, When first we practise to deceive!"
--Sir Walter Scott, Marmion, Canto vi. Stanza 17.

"Take what you can!", "Give nothing back!"
--Pirates of the Caribbean

Zankou, Vice Fuhrer of The Grammar Nazis.

Click here!

blackeyedbutch
Agnolini Admiral

Postby blackeyedbutch » Tue May 01, 2007 9:43 am

Zankou your opinion on Pastafarianism being a religion changes with the weather

PAID FOR BY THE COMMITEE TO HELP PROTECT THE HOMELESS FROM ZOMBIE INVASIONS

Occam
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Occam » Tue May 01, 2007 10:01 am

There is no central authority so you can't be recognised universally as being official.

So I founded my own church (The Pastafarian Church of England... or was it the English Church of the FSM ... it changes) and gave myself the official title of Pasta of Manchester. Now, no one recoginses that title apart from me* but the fact that I have a title is the important thing. Hey. it's cheaper than buying one off the internet.**

*... and a number of schools in the US who replied to me using my full title. Sometimes their letters are adressed to Captain "Razor Bill" Occam instead. Which is nice too.

** I am a Lord and have a PhD from Hollywood Upstairs Medical College. I am dificult to buy presents for apparently.
Pastafarianism - The Religion Most Likely To Be True TM

Megesdal
Ziti Zealot

mulligan

Postby Megesdal » Thu May 03, 2007 8:08 pm

Yeah, I kinda figured out the whole not a religion thing, nor is it really a parody of religion, plus the whole no central authority part.

I'm just a huge fan of Sattire such as this, and I really like to feel that I am an important part [of this balanced breakfast] of this movement.

So, regardless of officiallity, I am still calling myself "reverend." And regardless of this being not being an actual religion, I am still going to treat it like one, merely on the basis that it has about as much fact to it as any other religion.

RAmen.

Occam
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Occam » Thu May 03, 2007 9:12 pm

My view is that it is a real religion it is just not like any one I know of. I believe that if science is wrong about everything (and science must always allow for that possibility however remote) then a Flying Spaghetti Monster is a more plausible creator than the others I've seen described. But we could be wrong.

I know of no other religion that has doubt built in. That is the sort of thing I can have real faith in.

"Reverend" ... whatever floats your boat!

EarthRise
Hox God

Postby EarthRise » Thu May 03, 2007 9:22 pm

Occam wrote:My view is that it is a real religion it is just not like any one I know of. I believe that if science is wrong about everything (and science must always allow for that possibility however remote) then a Flying Spaghetti Monster is a more plausible creator than the others I've seen described. But we could be wrong.

I know of no other religion that has doubt built in. That is the sort of thing I can have real faith in.

FSM doesn't have doubt built into it... it has total hypocrisy.

We as Pastafarians are not to believe in the FSM. That's the whole point. And that's why we don't count as a valid religion like any other supernatural belief system.
[...] the difficulty of believing that a perfect and complex eye could be formed by natural selection, though insuperable by our imagination, should not be considered as subversive of the theory.
-Darwin

Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Duke » Thu May 03, 2007 9:22 pm

We're all preachers, and I don't think it would be much of a problem if you called yourself a reverend. Just keep in mind that you don't have a flock. :wink:

You can always bee a seer, you don't need a flock for that.

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen

Occam
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Occam » Thu May 03, 2007 9:36 pm

EarthRise wrote:
Occam wrote:My view is that it is a real religion it is just not like any one I know of. I believe that if science is wrong about everything (and science must always allow for that possibility however remote) then a Flying Spaghetti Monster is a more plausible creator than the others I've seen described. But we could be wrong.

FSM doesn't have doubt built into it... it has total hypocrisy.

We as Pastafarians are not to believe in the FSM. That's the whole point. And that's why we don't count as a valid religion like any other supernatural belief system.

I can feel a schism coming on!

That isn't my take ... but we are specifically requested not to foist our own beliefs onto others. So I'll leave it at that.

Megesdal
Ziti Zealot

Postby Megesdal » Fri May 04, 2007 1:01 am

The whole point of calling myself Reverend is to gather a flock. not necessarily to myself, but to the cause as a whole. The point that I get from this movement is to question what we believe is true divinity. I want to allow others to make that choice. to choose to question those religious traditions, ideals, and notions they have known since they were kids. even if they dont choose pastafarianism, at least they can have an open mind.

Like socrates said: I want to be the midwife of a person's conclusions. I want to help people make up their own minds.

RAmen.

MPTrooper

Postby MPTrooper » Fri May 04, 2007 7:41 am

No...dear God no.

The FSM isn't some grand Atheist conspiracy to get as many faithful to question their beliefs as possible. If it were I would have left a long time ago. It's about trying to keep ID out of a science classroom.

That's it, nothing more, nothing less.

See, if you really believe in an FSM then I demand that you no longer call yourself an Atheist as you kinda lose the all important "none-belief" in a god thing you guys have going on.

As for that whole "I want to be the midwife of a person's conclusions", don't lie, you want people to subscribe to the same belief you have, you're just trying to differentiate yourself by claiming to "Open peoples mind" and “let them choose their beliefs!â€￾

Most people have. What, because I grew up Catholic I never had a chance to change what I believe in?

You're the same as any other religious preacher and the irony is you're most likely Atheist. Ironic no?

Return to “All Things FSM”