Richard Dawkins References FSM on CNN

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

scottvd1
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby scottvd1 » Sat May 05, 2007 7:49 pm

i apologise there should indeed be a full stop after England, the use of and after a full stop could be seen as a little out there. yet i stand by it. my grasp of my mother tong although not impeccable should really be the the least of your worries.
but far more important matters like the discussion on dawkins. or perhaps something else? was that collection of sentences ok for you?
Thou shalt give equal worth to tragedies that occur in non-English speaking countries as to those that occur in English-speaking countries
Thou shalt not pimp my ride
Thou shalt not quote me happy
Thou shalt not shake it like a Polaroid picture
Thou shalt not wish your girlfriend was a freak like me
Thou shalt spell the word Pheonix p-h-e-o-n-i-x, not p-h-o-e-n-i-x, regardless of what the Oxford English Dictionary tells you
Thou shalt think for yourselves

Cuddly_Carpy
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Cuddly_Carpy » Sat May 05, 2007 7:50 pm

scottvd1 wrote:i think you might find a few full stops aside that my comment was perfectly adequate. if you need help finding english tutorials i am sure i could help you find some and we could even book them online together.
oh and for the record your understanding of my 'paragraph' was a little of.

No offence mate, but you're fighting a loosing battle when you spell off as of...

I know when you're angry you typ faster and are prone to making mistakes, and most of the time, that isn't a problem

but when arguing about English? It kinda is

so capital letters, full stops, proper grammer and proper spelling would be a good idea if you want to argue about it, proves you actually know what you're talking about...

scottvd1

Postby scottvd1 » Sat May 05, 2007 8:12 pm

this is a argument i care little fore. and as my computer doesn't automatically add capitals after full stops who cares. as fore my spelling i apologise i am half the age of the vast majority of you. so i forgot a f. great. i am aware that you are not getting at me but seeing as i have a learning disability (the fact i will now get pigeonholed bothers me little) can hardly be held against me. although my communication skills and ability to learn are not in the least effected (i am aware of the irony of the last sentence) my ability to communicate these thoughts onto paper are somewhat.
Thou shalt give equal worth to tragedies that occur in non-English speaking countries as to those that occur in English-speaking countries

Thou shalt spell the word Pheonix p-h-e-o-n-i-x, not p-h-o-e-n-i-x, regardless of what the Oxford English Dictionary tells you

Cuddly_Carpy
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Cuddly_Carpy » Sat May 05, 2007 8:20 pm

The point is, you were arguing about it when you state that you fully know you can't spell or "do grammer" properly, so... why?

When reading a book, the grammer and spelling all add to how you read and interpret the words, and when you're used to that, and write like that, and see no problem with pushing shift for the milli sencond you use to type the first letter of a sentence, then you get a bit irritated by the people who don't do that...

OK so you've got dyslexia... instead of getting uppety at people, and then basically asking for people to have a go, why didn't you explain that in the first place? You, in my mind, deliberately got people's backs up, then came in with the "I'm dyslexic" thing as if to make all the people who just had a go to then say "oh I'm sorry mate, my fault entirely" and give you a load of sympathy...

If you're good at communication, and are obviously amoungst people who like correct spelling and grammer, then surely it would have been the best thing to do to explain first..

Maybe lesson learned?

MPTrooper

Postby MPTrooper » Sat May 05, 2007 8:22 pm

scottvd1 wrote:this is a argument i care little fore. and as my computer doesn't automatically add capitals after full stops who cares. as fore my spelling i apologise i am half the age of the vast majority of you. so i forgot a f. great. i am aware that you are not getting at me but seeing as i have a learning disability (the fact i will now get pigeonholed bothers me little) can hardly be held against me. although my communication skills and ability to learn are not in the least effected (i am aware of the irony of the last sentence) my ability to communicate these thoughts onto paper are somewhat.

Dude, when no one understands what the hell it is you're trying to say, you don't HAVE an argument.

Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Duke » Sat May 05, 2007 8:24 pm

MPTrooper wrote:Wow...that was perhaps one of the most painful editorial jobs I've had in a while. What the hell happened to our resident Grammar Nazi’s? Why am I doing your job for you? Sheesh.

I stay out of this sort of...talk, Zankou is the Serious Liaison.

A few pointers: First letter of the sentence is uppercase, and you put a period at the end. For, as in for this or that has no e at the end. Fore, as in I'm hitting a golf ball and want to warn people, that has an e at the end.

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen

scottvd1

Postby scottvd1 » Sun May 06, 2007 5:14 pm

trooper dude shut up

Cuddly_Carpy
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Cuddly_Carpy » Sun May 06, 2007 5:21 pm

Oh yeah, you show him.

Duke

Postby Duke » Sun May 06, 2007 7:14 pm

scottvd1 wrote:trooper dude shut up

If you can't take the heat, get out of the oven. 8)

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen

MPTrooper

Postby MPTrooper » Sun May 06, 2007 9:45 pm

scottvd1 wrote:trooper dude shut up

scott dude, learn to type.

scottvd1

Postby scottvd1 » Mon May 07, 2007 10:11 am

amazingly enough i appear to be able to.

Cuddly_Carpy
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Cuddly_Carpy » Mon May 07, 2007 3:43 pm

LOL!

Yeah... Ok...

Duke

Postby Duke » Mon May 07, 2007 7:33 pm

scottvd1 wrote:amazingly enough i appear to be able to.

And now that you've learned the basic rules of typing, you may be able to learn basic grammatical rules. Or to defend your point about how Americans are less intelligent, than, say, those from Swaziland.

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen

scottvd1

Postby scottvd1 » Tue May 08, 2007 9:35 am

they tend not to start wars with middle eastern country. there teachers can point ot the continent of africa on a map, much unlike the teachers i have meet in america.

EarthRise
Hox God

Postby EarthRise » Tue May 08, 2007 12:30 pm

What teachers, by chance, are unable to point out Africa on a map? Can you provide names and whatnot? Because I should like to call them and set them straight about that.
[...] the difficulty of believing that a perfect and complex eye could be formed by natural selection, though insuperable by our imagination, should not be considered as subversive of the theory.
-Darwin

Return to “All Things FSM”