Richard Dawkins References FSM on CNN

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

DanWiley
Ziti Zealot

Postby DanWiley » Wed May 09, 2007 9:44 am

I love the way this thread started off talking about torrence and ended up attacking someone for poor spelling and grammar, of all things. People should be ashamed of themselves.

I feel like I should agree with Scott just because he's being victimised, unfortunately the only arguments of his I can remember are poor ones.
If ignorance is bliss, why are so few people happy?

scottvd1
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby scottvd1 » Wed May 09, 2007 11:27 am

although apollo was in many ways connected to the sun he is more commonly reconised for being the god of omens, prophecy (similair things) this is along with music, peotry and revenge. dont mess with me on my classical texts. on that note artemis although being worshiped as god of child birth in some regoins of greece it was not her main job, child birth is more connected with Eileithyiai and atremis with hunting but i get the point you are making. i agree MPT, because you know more about guns then me does not make you any more clever. let me tell you a short story.
last time i was in LA i was buying some organic food, the women next to me was buying non-organic food. she lent over read the label on my bananas or whatever they were and said (adopt american accent) 'yaw know those are grown in shit' i replied you 'you are aware those are grown in dangerous festilisers' she looked confused and walked away. that is just plain retarded
Thou shalt give equal worth to tragedies that occur in non-English speaking countries as to those that occur in English-speaking countries
Thou shalt not pimp my ride
Thou shalt not quote me happy
Thou shalt not shake it like a Polaroid picture
Thou shalt not wish your girlfriend was a freak like me
Thou shalt spell the word Pheonix p-h-e-o-n-i-x, not p-h-o-e-n-i-x, regardless of what the Oxford English Dictionary tells you
Thou shalt think for yourselves

Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Duke » Wed May 09, 2007 2:03 pm

scottvd1 wrote:blair although not a great leader has done wonders for our economy whilst if you look at the rate of the doller you may notice something. i was too young to vote last election but i intend to vote for labour.

Dollar has no e. I, when a pronoun, is uppercase.

So, I see. You are judging the intelligence of a people of a nation by virtue of their government officials. I cannot even begin to describe how flawed that is.

Oh, and you still have yet to explain how America is "stupider" than Burkina Faso.

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen

KC Observer
Mod

Postby KC Observer » Wed May 09, 2007 6:42 pm

scottvd1 wrote: let me tell you a short story.
last time i was in LA i was buying some organic food, the women next to me was buying non-organic food. she lent over read the label on my bananas or whatever they were and said (adopt american accent) 'yaw know those are grown in shit' i replied you 'you are aware those are grown in dangerous festilisers' she looked confused and walked away. that is just plain retarded

What is it that you are trying to articulate here? That there are stupid people? That is a given. There are stupid people in the U.S., in Britain, in whatever country you want to name. So, what's youre point? :x
The Pope

angus argyle
Maccheroncelli Missionary

The USA

Postby angus argyle » Fri May 18, 2007 6:16 pm

The United States of America is seem by many around that world as the world's largest terrorist organizations. They have around 180 bases in many, many countries to control their way of life and control shipping lanes and many other interests..

They hold other countries down while trying to maintain everlasting control. They do this on the backs of a population that is more concerned with American Idol than an illegal war based on lies where thousands of people are dying..

The real tragedy is that the people just keep letting this happen..

Now - I am Canadian, and our current government is not much better and we Canadians suffer the same apathy.. As long as I have my cable, and it's not my kid dying in Afghanistan, then everything is ok...

We all need to smarten up - You English as well..

Angus..

Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Re: The USA

Postby Duke » Fri May 18, 2007 7:11 pm

angus argyle wrote:The United States of America is seem by many around that world as the world's largest terrorist organizations. They have around 180 bases in many, many countries to control their way of life and control shipping lanes and many other interests..

Calling it the U.S. a terrorist organization is imbecilic, terrorists don't have governments. Empire is more appropriate. And you're wrong, the U.S. has no less than 725 military bases in other countries.

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen

Zankou
Brewmeister

Postby Zankou » Fri May 18, 2007 7:13 pm

Isn't Al Queada(sp?) a government? And Hamas?

Terrorists have governments...
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
--Adam Savage, Mythbusters

"Oh what a tangled web we weave, When first we practise to deceive!"
--Sir Walter Scott, Marmion, Canto vi. Stanza 17.

"Take what you can!", "Give nothing back!"
--Pirates of the Caribbean

Zankou, Vice Fuhrer of The Grammar Nazis.

Click here!

MPTrooper

Postby MPTrooper » Fri May 18, 2007 7:18 pm

So I suppose that makes me a terrorist huh?

Zankou
Brewmeister

Postby Zankou » Fri May 18, 2007 7:41 pm

Depends...Have you killed countless people with no identifiable reason?

No?

Then no.

I never said the U.S. was a terrorist organization, I just said that a government could be.

Click here!

MPTrooper

Postby MPTrooper » Fri May 18, 2007 7:58 pm

Zankou wrote:Depends...Have you killed countless people with no identifiable reason?

No?

Then no.

I never said the U.S. was a terrorist organization, I just said that a government could be.

Oh Zankou, I didn't mean to ask you! I was asking the new kid!

Now sit down and shut up, no one likes you anymore ;)

Zankou
Brewmeister

Postby Zankou » Fri May 18, 2007 8:02 pm

You are a terrorist, you bastard.

So mean to me..

Click here!

MPTrooper

Postby MPTrooper » Fri May 18, 2007 9:12 pm

Zankou wrote:You are a terrorist, you bastard.

So mean to me..

I do it out of love...and hate...but mostly love!

Or Hate.

MPTrooper

Postby MPTrooper » Fri May 18, 2007 9:12 pm

Zankou wrote:You are a terrorist, you bastard.

So mean to me..

EarthRise
Hox God

Postby EarthRise » Fri May 18, 2007 9:39 pm

I think it's become fashionable to be hatin' on Zank.
[...] the difficulty of believing that a perfect and complex eye could be formed by natural selection, though insuperable by our imagination, should not be considered as subversive of the theory.
-Darwin

Zankou
Brewmeister

Postby Zankou » Fri May 18, 2007 10:45 pm

One of these days, I'll leave...and you'll be sorry...

Click here!

Return to “All Things FSM”