Richard Dawkins References FSM on CNN

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

scottvd1
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby scottvd1 » Tue May 08, 2007 12:56 pm

my elemetry teacher in NJ when i lived in the states she also drew britain as a long circler shape closly resembling a sausage with wales at the top, england in the middle and and schotland at the bottom we were also on the wrong side of denmark. she also got angry when i attempted to correct her. i do not take that as being a fair repusentation of american education on the whole just saying its happened to me.
[/img]
Thou shalt give equal worth to tragedies that occur in non-English speaking countries as to those that occur in English-speaking countries
Thou shalt not pimp my ride
Thou shalt not quote me happy
Thou shalt not shake it like a Polaroid picture
Thou shalt not wish your girlfriend was a freak like me
Thou shalt spell the word Pheonix p-h-e-o-n-i-x, not p-h-o-e-n-i-x, regardless of what the Oxford English Dictionary tells you
Thou shalt think for yourselves

Duke
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Duke » Tue May 08, 2007 2:34 pm

scottvd1 wrote:they tend not to start wars with middle eastern country.

So you are judging the intelligence of the people of a nation by what the leaders of that nation do. Just making sure.

scottvd1 wrote:there teachers can point ot the continent of africa on a map, much unlike the teachers i have meet in america.

I've found that a good judge of the overall intelligence of the people of a country is literacy rate. If your claim that America is the "stupidest country in the world" is true, America will have the lowest literacy rate.

America has a 99.9 % literacy rate. I guess all the other countries in the world must have 100%, right?

Oh, sorry, Burkina Faso has a 12.8% literacy rate. I guess America isn't "the stupidest country in the world".

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen

scottvd1

Postby scottvd1 » Tue May 08, 2007 5:32 pm

over 50% of voting americans had teh brains to elect bush. americans are also offred better education than people of a large number of countrys.
Thou shalt give equal worth to tragedies that occur in non-English speaking countries as to those that occur in English-speaking countries

Thou shalt spell the word Pheonix p-h-e-o-n-i-x, not p-h-o-e-n-i-x, regardless of what the Oxford English Dictionary tells you

Duke

Postby Duke » Tue May 08, 2007 5:41 pm

scottvd1 wrote:over 50% of voting americans had teh brains to elect bush.

On the other hand, 99.9% of Americans can spell "the" correctly. We must be pretty smart after all.

It's extremely ignorant to base someone's intelligent on who they favor politically.

Duke
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."

--Mark Twain

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

--Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever."

--Woody Allen

MPTrooper

Postby MPTrooper » Tue May 08, 2007 7:16 pm

I voted for Bush. I know I'm smarter then many on this board when it comes to Military Law, MOUNT, Weapons usage, Military History, Catholic Theology, Military Ethics, Rule of War...

I also know how to use a spell check from time to time.

How much do you know about those subjects Scott and whom did you vote for?

EarthRise
Hox God

Postby EarthRise » Tue May 08, 2007 7:23 pm

I fell under the impression, ever since going through elementary school government, that the US population never actually elects a president. It's the electoral college.

Read up on the electoral process, scott, before making assertions.
[...] the difficulty of believing that a perfect and complex eye could be formed by natural selection, though insuperable by our imagination, should not be considered as subversive of the theory.
-Darwin

Baggy
Lumache Lieutenant

Postby Baggy » Tue May 08, 2007 7:31 pm

MPTrooper wrote:I voted for Bush. I know I'm smarter then many on this board when it comes to Military Law, MOUNT, Weapons usage, Military History, Catholic Theology, Military Ethics, Rule of War...

What's MOUNT?
"I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy"

Duke

Postby Duke » Tue May 08, 2007 7:37 pm

EarthRise wrote:I fell under the impression, ever since going through elementary school government, that the US population never actually elects a president. It's the electoral college.

The people vote, but the electoral college decides. :roll:

Also, Scott, as someone from a country who "elected" Tony Blair, should you be talking?

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen

MPTrooper

Postby MPTrooper » Tue May 08, 2007 7:41 pm

Baggy wrote:
MPTrooper wrote:I voted for Bush. I know I'm smarter then many on this board when it comes to Military Law, MOUNT, Weapons usage, Military History, Catholic Theology, Military Ethics, Rule of War...

What's MOUNT?

Military Operations In Urban Terrain.

Baggy
Lumache Lieutenant

Postby Baggy » Tue May 08, 2007 7:47 pm

Duke wrote:
EarthRise wrote:I fell under the impression, ever since going through elementary school government, that the US population never actually elects a president. It's the electoral college.

The people vote, but the electoral college decides. :roll:

Also, Scott, as someone from a country who "elected" Tony Blair, should you be talking?

Duke
:mrgreen: He's my MP. We used to be known for having the largest mental institution in Britain before Tony Blair came and closed it in the eighties.

I'll leave all you to do your own jokes.

"I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy"

Duke

Postby Duke » Tue May 08, 2007 10:26 pm

Maybe his friends said they didn't like it in there. :wink:

Duke

--Mark Twain

--Friedrich Nietzsche

--Woody Allen

scottvd1

Postby scottvd1 » Wed May 09, 2007 6:55 am

blair although not a great leader has done wonders for our economy whilst if you look at the rate of the doller you may notice something. i was too young to vote last election but i intend to vote for labour. MPT well done you know more about weapons then every one else great, i can speek four languges. i dont now much about the rule of war or any such subjects nor to i have a burning ambition to. i dont want to join the military (i was in the CCF (combined Cadet Force) for two years and that was enough). i do however have a intrest in history how mush do you know about the five year plans or how the citizans of britain lived during WWII. how mush do you now about african animals? or biology? or even spiders? can you tell me why delphi was so important to the greeks and explain your reasons why of the top of your head? no well i just got 8 marks for doing it in classics.

MPTrooper

Postby MPTrooper » Wed May 09, 2007 7:55 am

scottvd1 wrote:blair although not a great leader has done wonders for our economy whilst if you look at the rate of the doller you may notice something. i was too young to vote last election but i intend to vote for labour. MPT well done you know more about weapons then every one else great, i can speek four languges. i dont now much about the rule of war or any such subjects nor to i have a burning ambition to. i dont want to join the military (i was in the CCF (combined Cadet Force) for two years and that was enough). i do however have a intrest in history how mush do you know about the five year plans or how the citizans of britain lived during WWII. how mush do you now about african animals? or biology? or even spiders? can you tell me why delphi was so important to the greeks and explain your reasons why of the top of your head? no well i just got 8 marks for doing it in classics.

Mush?

Anyway, I was makeing a point that you seemingly failed to get.

Just because someone isn't as educated as you are on a certain subject doesn't make them idiots, after all they could very well know more about subjects you never even thought about.

Zankou
Brewmeister

Postby Zankou » Wed May 09, 2007 9:12 am

scottvd1 wrote:blair although not a great leader has done wonders for our economy whilst if you look at the rate of the doller you may notice something. i was too young to vote last election but i intend to vote for labour. MPT well done you know more about weapons then every one else great, i can speek four languges. i dont now much about the rule of war or any such subjects nor to i have a burning ambition to. i dont want to join the military (i was in the CCF (combined Cadet Force) for two years and that was enough). i do however have a intrest in history how mush do you know about the five year plans or how the citizans of britain lived during WWII. how mush do you now about african animals? or biology? or even spiders? can you tell me why delphi was so important to the greeks and explain your reasons why of the top of your head? no well i just got 8 marks for doing it in classics.

Delphi?

Delphi, Delphi....

That was the site where the Pythoness told the future after getting high off the fumes of a rotting python corpse, right?

she was supposedly channeling Apollo, the Greek God of the sun.

Oh, wanna hear that story too?

Well, Zeus got it on with one his aunts, Leto, who had twins, Apollo and Artemis.

Artemis was the moon goddes, and Apollo was the sun god.

When Hera, Zeus's Wife/Sister sent a Python to kill Leto, Apollo got pissed and killed the Python.

Off the top of my head, eh?

I also happen to know a bit aout spiders.

Zan.

P.S. I'm 14.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
--Adam Savage, Mythbusters

"Oh what a tangled web we weave, When first we practise to deceive!"
--Sir Walter Scott, Marmion, Canto vi. Stanza 17.

"Take what you can!", "Give nothing back!"
--Pirates of the Caribbean

Zankou, Vice Fuhrer of The Grammar Nazis.

Click here!

Occam
Bucatini Buccanneer

Postby Occam » Wed May 09, 2007 9:24 am

Artemis the virginal lesbian (part-time) goddess of childbirth.

To think, some people go around believing that religion is all made up!
Pastafarianism - The Religion Most Likely To Be True TM

Return to “All Things FSM”