Friday

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

nacho
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Friday

Postby nacho » Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:24 pm

Fridays of course are holidays, but I was wondering if it had a name. No one will take it seriously without one. Is it simply the Sabbath, or is there a specific name? This might be in the gospel (I haven't bought a copy yet).

EarthRise
Hox God

Postby EarthRise » Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:33 pm

The Gospel, p. 72

'And He said, "Wow. Even I might have overreached my Noodley Appendage on this one," and not even sure what day it was anymore, He decided to take an extended break from the whole creation gig, and He gave a quick blessing and declared, "From here on out, every Friday is a holiday."

So, to address your question, no, it's not a sabbath, unless you consider 'sabbath' in its secular equivalence to a holiday. It's pretty much just a holiday.
[...] the difficulty of believing that a perfect and complex eye could be formed by natural selection, though insuperable by our imagination, should not be considered as subversive of the theory.
-Darwin

Qwertyuiopasd
Admirable Admiral Qwerty

Postby Qwertyuiopasd » Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:41 pm

it's as much a holiday as Saturday is. more of a minimal vacation from work/school/whatever it is you do in your regular time.

~Qwerty
daftbeaker wrote:But if I stop bugging you I'll have to go back to arguing with Qwerty about whether beauty is truth and precisely what we both mean by 'purple' :moon:

Any statistical increase in the usage of the :idiot: emoticon since becoming Admin should not be considered significant, meaningful, or otherwise cause for worry.

nacho
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby nacho » Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:24 pm

Aha, that's why I need to get off my fat ass and go to barnes and noble!

St John the Blasphemist
Lord of Linguini

Postby St John the Blasphemist » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:20 pm

On Fridays you take the day off and should eat something Noodly in tribute. So I guess it could be construed as some sort of Sabbath. But as you probably already know--flimsy moral standards--so you probably won't get stale beer in the afterlife if you don't remember to partake in the Noodly Communion.

I just noticed that the abbreviation for 'Flimsy Moral Standards' is an anagram for FSM.

St John the Blasphemist
Saint of Uncanniness

EarthRise
Hox God

Postby EarthRise » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:25 pm

St_JtB wrote:I just noticed that the abbreviation for 'Flimsy Moral Standards' is an anagram for FSM.

A sign! Our Noodly Lord provides us with another sign!

Grog all around.
[...] the difficulty of believing that a perfect and complex eye could be formed by natural selection, though insuperable by our imagination, should not be considered as subversive of the theory.
-Darwin

Jean Bart
Farfalle First Mate

Postby Jean Bart » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:30 am

And if your boss hesitates, tell him/her you'll swap friday with saturday. Which, of course, leaves you with a split weekend... :(
"Nobody expects the Spanish inquisition!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's Flying Circus, Season 2, Episode 2)
"Je préfère le vin d'ici à l'eau de là" (Francis Blanche)
"Nu zijn er wel die mij niet mogen, of onverschillig langs mij gaan. Met liefde en met mededogen zie ik die vuile schoften aan! (Drs. P in "Jubelzang")
"Tuez-les tous, Dieu reconnaîtra les siens." (phrase attribuée à Arnaud Amaury, légat du Pape, à l'occasion de la prise de Béziers en 1209)

zackerycameron
Conchigliette Convert

Postby zackerycameron » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:13 pm

Or convert your boss so they can have fridays off as well!
--Zack

RockMyMonkey
Conchigliette Convert

Postby RockMyMonkey » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:26 am

zackerycameron wrote:Or convert your boss so they can have fridays off as well!

I have converted the head of technology at the high school I work at. The admins are going to take a little more work though I think. :fsm_rock:

thingy
Conchigliette Convert

Postby thingy » Thu May 10, 2007 7:37 pm

EarthRise wrote:The Gospel, p. 72

'And He said, "Wow. Even I might have overreached my Noodley Appendage on this one," and not even sure what day it was anymore, He decided to take an extended break from the whole creation gig, and He gave a quick blessing and declared, "From here on out, every Friday is a holiday."

So, to address your question, no, it's not a sabbath, unless you consider 'sabbath' in its secular equivalence to a holiday. It's pretty much just a holiday.

Legend. It's Friday, my gospel is at home and I'm sick of replying to an email from over a month ago suggesting a pub lunch. I came here looking for that very text as a different way to suggest it.

RAmen to you, brother.

farfalla
Feline Fatale

Postby farfalla » Fri May 11, 2007 12:58 pm

Yeah, thank you FSM for for the Friday holiday. Must go out an order something envloving noodles or sauce. Hope Finrod's race day is good for him.

Return to “All Things FSM”