Why are we mocked so?

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Veritas
Ziti Zealot

Postby Veritas » Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:06 pm

Because Jesus told them to? Oh wait...nope, thats not it.

-Veritas

P.S. Jim Gaffigan has a very funny bit about Christmas trees, stockings, bunnies, eggs, etc etc.
"It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything."

"Reject the basic assumptions of civilization, especially the importance of material possessions."

fighter762
Conchigliette Convert

Postby fighter762 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:54 pm

my school sucks. i gave the letter to the principal and its been like 2 weeks and i havnt gotten a reply or anything. im gonna swarm his office with letters till he does. it'll be like friggin harry potter or somethin, letters all over the place till he reads one or something 8)

obler
Conchigliette Convert

Postby obler » Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:02 am

"..till he reads one or something".

Always a good idea to give people choices. I suspect he'll plump for the "something" option. In fact, as it's been two weeks since you wrote, I do believe he already has.
##
'honey swede key mallet .. ponce !'

Katfish
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Katfish » Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:28 pm

I don't see why you get shunned I think the religion is cool but I'm still a christian myself I just believe more in my god than The Mighty noodly dude. I say this though you have the right to float in the ocean and I will join you all sailing the seven seas except I won't teach about the noodle guy. However I think there is one noodly dude because my grandpa said his cow was stolen by a flying Spagetti monster.

MPTrooper

Postby MPTrooper » Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:45 pm

Hay Katfish!

You'll be glad to know that there are several other Christians here as well!

BTW It's "Monster" not guy. Becareful with that as we do have several members who do truely belive in the FSM.

But it is good to see not all of us are stuck up Bible Thumpers ;)

Enjoy your time here and most importantly learn something :)

cck888
Conchigliette Convert

Re: Why are we mocked so?

Postby cck888 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:25 am

:cry: It makes me sad that we are bashing on the Cathlics for there beliefs. That is breaking #1, #2 and #3 of the "I'd Really Rather You Didn't's". I'm also glad to see that their are some people who are expanding on their religous views by looking into the FSM, weather they believe in him or not.
RAmen :fsm:

ralphie
Ziti Zealot

Re:

Postby ralphie » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:06 am

fighter762 wrote:im leading the fight for pasta in my school. i used exerpts from bobby henderson's letter and sent a letter to my principal and school board telling them that if they're gonna teach evolution they should teach FSMism

Really! I suppose that the FSM may have touched you a little bit harder than the rest of us if you think that anything other than science should be taught in schools!

ralphie
Ziti Zealot

Re:

Postby ralphie » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:15 am

Katfish wrote:I don't see why you get shunned I think the religion is cool but I'm still a christian myself I just believe more in my god than The Mighty noodly dude. I say this though you have the right to float in the ocean and I will join you all sailing the seven seas except I won't teach about the noodle guy. However I think there is one noodly dude because my grandpa said his cow was stolen by a flying Spaghetti monster.

In my experience Pastafarian's get shunned because they don't believe in the same "God" as other religions and it really hurts the people who worship those religions feelings. The don't understand the concept of intelligent debate. The only dialogue that they wish to engage in about their religion is to talk about how right they are, and how wrong everyone else is.
I am definitely generalizing here. There are plenty of intelligent religious people out there who have no interest in pushing their religion on others. But, it only takes one bad apple to spoil the pie!

Robbobrob
Stele Second Mate

Re:

Postby Robbobrob » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:38 am

fighter762 wrote:im leading the fight for pasta in my school. i used exerpts from bobby henderson's letter and sent a letter to my principal and school board telling them that if they're gonna teach evolution they should teach FSMism

LOL....wait, what?

:?
Mad Rob Rackham, Pirate for Humanity.

"God made the Idiot for practice, and then He made the School Board."

- Mark Twain.

Return to “All Things FSM”