Amazing Little Pastafarian

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

RedBeardedPirate
Conchigliette Convert

Amazing Little Pastafarian

Postby RedBeardedPirate » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:58 am

Yea, from the mouths of babes, even, do we hear the truth!
The other day, at the local hot springs (I live in Colorado), simmering in hot water to remind myself how His Noodles get their tenderness and warmth, I spied an inquisitive and thoughtful young child, about 5 years old, and his overbearing, disgruntled father, who objected to his youthful fun. The child persisted in jumping and swimming, and I knew this defiant, but pure-hearted youngster had to have some FSM in him, for are not children, like Midgets, most blessed and touched by His Noodles, as evidenced by their stature? As we entered the locker room, I heard the father basically preaching to the boy.
The son didn't pay much attention, but responded with "Daddy, do you love me more than anyone in the world?" A question any young child should easily be given a decent answer to. One would assume the answer would be something like "well I love you and mommy so much it'd be hard to choose" or something positive about their relationship as father and son.
Alas, religion had corrupted this father, and he responded instead with "No, I don't love you more than anyone in the world, I love you with as much love as God has given me to love you with, but that's why I pray that he will give me more love for you"

Keep in mind, the bible commands people to love God more than any human, and to love neighbors more than themselves, and also, Jesus says in the bible "If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters—yes, even his own life—he cannot be my disciple." (Luke 14:26 NIV)

The boy looked puzzled, rightfully so, and said innocently "I love mommy more than anyone else in the world, she takes care of us! She does everything for me!" The father got more stern "But son, don't you remember the animated video we watched? What did Jesus say? He said we have to love everyone in the world, even our enemies, with the love he gives us."
This is when I began to lose hope, this kid would be indoctrinated to lose all natural love, and instead blame his shortcomings and relationship problems on his faith, and always try to make his father love him more.
Instead the kid exceeded all of my expectations, and moved me close to tears when he said loudly "Well, I love pirates, I love all the pirates in the world!"
The father winced and responded condescendingly "you don't even know any pirates!"
The child smiled and said "Yeah, but if I did know any, I would love them, I love all the pirates!"
His father's look soured "Even if they were scurvy, bad pirates?"
"I'd love all the pirates I met" Said the boy, ending the conversation.
As I left the locker room, I knew for sure that the FSM had sent this young boy to me to show the kind of faith and love we must all have, and the happiness and joy we Pastafarians have in our faith in the Noodly Master, the FSM.

AtheianLibertarist
Conchigliette Convert

Re: Amazing Little Pastafarian

Postby AtheianLibertarist » Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:31 am

I'm from Colorado too, good story 8)

VeggieRamen
Conchigliette Convert

Postby VeggieRamen » Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:04 am

I'm from Colorado as well and I believe my brother met the same child, surely it takes one's breath away to witness such a marvelous glimpse into this world future.

3lke
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby 3lke » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:23 pm

nice story...i've tears in my eyes...

:worship: :fsm_float:
Peace, love, chocola & FSM

Return to “All Things FSM”