Need help. Is FSM for real?

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Beep-Beep-Im-A-Jeep
Conchigliette Convert

Need help. Is FSM for real?

Postby Beep-Beep-Im-A-Jeep » Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:23 pm

Hi all.

I only recently stumbled onto FSM yesterday. I've spent a fair amount of time browsing the website and various comments to the Hate Mail.

Because text does not have the benefit of showing sarcasm and body language, I am unsure if FSM is "just for fun" or if people actually do pray to the spaghetti monster.

I am pretty sure it's all in good fun though.

Thanks.

Edd
Stripmeister

Re: Need help. Is FSM for real?

Postby Edd » Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:43 pm

Check out the FAQ’s here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=3517

Don’t forget to introduce yourself in the New Convert thread: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=3677
"Oook." - The Librarian

Visit the new and improved Agnoistrology.com!

Dan (dat haole dude)
Stripmeister

Postby Dan (dat haole dude) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:44 pm

Welcome!! good afterlife, good pasta, really awful puns..what more could ya want in a carbohydrate-based theology? :worship: :fsm:
'Oli no au i na pono FSM e
E hau'oli na 'opio o FSM nei
'Oli e! 'Oli e!
Mau ke aloha, no FSM

3lke
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby 3lke » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:05 pm

Our FSM is as real as any other God...

:worship: :)

check the open letter ;-)
Peace, love, chocola & FSM

sabaku_no_rebecca
Conchigliette Convert

Postby sabaku_no_rebecca » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:59 pm

Is God for real?

Is Buddha for real?

Was the Big Bang real?

Certainly The Flying Spaghetti Monster is real, in accordance to the beliefs of pastafarianism. It may seem like a joke to you because our beliefs are so radically different from the norm, perhaps. But look at other religions from our perspective. To The Enlightened, The FSM's existence is painfully obvious. Native American religions worship all sorts of animals, which probably seems unrealistic to you as it does to us. And the majority of the world today is Christian... Christians say that a dude created the world, eh? Just some all-powerful man-type-thing in the sky? And he somehow impregnated some completely random virgin chick? And she had his son, who somehow totally existed before he was born, and this God of yours gave him up as a sacrifice to his people?

Oo-kay... yeah... sure... THAT religion seems kind of silly to me. Maybe Pastafarianism seems silly to you, whatever; it's real enough to the believers. It is, in fact, at large, rather insulting that the world's population refuses to take us seriously. In any case, I hope you continue to browse around the site and further explore the teachings of The Flying Spaghetti Monster's prophet. May you join the ranks of The Enlightened and we shall make this world a better place.

Good luck navigating around and I hope you find The Way!

<3 XOXO

Sabaku no Rebecca

:worship: :fsm:

Ubi Dubium
Stripmeister

Postby Ubi Dubium » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:54 pm

Well, "praying" to the FSM (pesto be upon him) is pretty much just sitting down to a nice plate of pasta and meatballs, with your favorite grog and maybe some garlic bread on the side. You could even make a pilgrimage to the Olive Garden of Eden and eat pasta there. It's not like the FSM (pesto be upon him) is going to talk to you or anything.
Open your mind, but not so far your brain falls out

"Hurry up, before we all come to our senses!" - King Julien

Beep-Beep-Im-A-Jeep
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Beep-Beep-Im-A-Jeep » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:36 am

Thanks for the comments everyone.

I can't say I enjoy a lot of the Hate Mail from supposed Christians and other religious fanboi's. Their closed mindedness bothers me. I do include myself in the ranks of practicing Christians (albeit not the worlds greatest one, but a Christian nonetheless), and some of those letters give Christians a bad rap.

Anyway, I think this whole FSM "movement" is quite a healthy thing. From my point of view it is a good reality check for those who have their heads too far stuck up their...other worlds like ID, Christianity, Buhdism, and heck, even Science etc etc.

While I don't think I would ever be converted, I do enjoy how it exercises my faith (especially while maintaining an air of respect and humor). I also fully support all schools having to expose kids to a number of theories and let them come to their own conclusions about what they would like to believe. I would definitely support FSM being taught.

Thanks for keeping it real guys.

And sabaku_no_rebecca, thanks for the thoughts. I'll be chewing on those for awhile. :)

ken worley
King of the Pervs

Postby ken worley » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:04 am

Beep-Beep-Im-A-Jeep wrote:Hi all.

I only recently stumbled onto FSM yesterday. I've spent a fair amount of time browsing the website and various comments to the Hate Mail.

Because text does not have the benefit of showing sarcasm and body language, I am unsure if FSM is "just for fun" or if people actually do pray to the spaghetti monster.

I am pretty sure it's all in good fun though.

Thanks.

You're instincts sound fairly reasonable...
But what do I know?
1/2 a bottle of cuervo, and everything get's better....Well,different, anuyhow...(although, I can see this might be not be a perfect everyday solution.

PS..."hate mail" is always a waste of time, but if you're plannin' to use "body language", put on a slicker afore ye' visits the pirate sekshuns.....

Edd
Stripmeister

Postby Edd » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:41 am

Beep-Beep-Im-A-Jeep wrote:While I don't think I would ever be converted, I do enjoy how it exercises my faith (especially while maintaining an air of respect and humor). I also fully support all schools having to expose kids to a number of theories and let them come to their own conclusions about what they would like to believe. I would definitely support FSM being taught.

Well, I personally think Bobby was a little too tolerant in his letter. Students should be informed that Intelligent Design and Evolution are most likely only misinterpretations of the Flying Spaghetti Monster's true intentions.
"Oook." - The Librarian

Visit the new and improved Agnoistrology.com!

black bart
Resident Weevil

Postby black bart » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:17 am

ken worley wrote:PS..."hate mail" is always a waste of time, but if you're plannin' to use "body language", put on a slicker afore ye' visits the pirate sekshuns.....

That should be a General Warning to all who set foot in the Pirate Sekshuns...underneath 'thems that die will be the lucky ones' and 'scurvy alert'.
The smoke wafted gently in the breeze across the poop deck and all seemed right in the world.

Beep-Beep-Im-A-Jeep
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Beep-Beep-Im-A-Jeep » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:07 pm

Edd wrote:Students should be informed that Intelligent Design and Evolution are most likely only misinterpretations of the Flying Spaghetti Monster's true intentions.

Well said!

You guys are too funny. I like your style. :D

sabaku_no_rebecca
Conchigliette Convert

Postby sabaku_no_rebecca » Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:00 pm

Beep-Beep-Im-A-Jeep wrote:
Edd wrote:Students should be informed that Intelligent Design and Evolution are most likely only misinterpretations of the Flying Spaghetti Monster's true intentions.

Well said!

You guys are too funny. I like your style. :D

Well I convey my thanks to you, friend. You are accepting of the Pastafarian faith and not rude.

I like you already. :D

<3 XOXO

Sabaku no Rebecca

Return to “All Things FSM”