Creation Museum in KY

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Pastafarianne
Conchigliette Convert

Creation Museum in KY

Postby Pastafarianne » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:28 am

I live near the Creation Museum in Kentucky http://dinosaurs.about.com/b/?p=137, and I have to admit that it isn't helping to contend the argument about inbreeding in that state. What an embarrassment to the entire community. Over 500,000 visitors a year, too, at $20.00 a pop. :twisted:

I say we build up funds so that we can build a Pastafarian museum right across the street. I think that it would help to show off the real value of the Creation Museum.

Pastafarianne

Robbobrob
Stele Second Mate

Re: Creation Museum in KY

Postby Robbobrob » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:50 am

$20.00 a pop? Are you serious?

Well, OK, I can see that, it costs $25 a person to get into my local Rennie Faire, and that is as accurate a portrayal of life in the 16th century as the Creation Museum is protraying Biblical times.
Mad Rob Rackham, Pirate for Humanity.

"God made the Idiot for practice, and then He made the School Board."

- Mark Twain.

3lke
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby 3lke » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:15 am

This subject is also a huge topic on the facebook-page of FSM.
It's a really sad thing :(
Peace, love, chocola & FSM

MonkeysInACan
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby MonkeysInACan » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:35 am

I vote you make your own "museum" across the street out of cardboard and Ramen :D
"Evolution is the central theme of biological science. The mechanism of evolution is natural selection."-- NJ science Standard Ch 7

Robbobrob
Stele Second Mate

Postby Robbobrob » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:49 am

3lke wrote:This subject is also a huge topic on the facebook-page of FSM.
It's a really sad thing :(

Yes....I be there, hiding in their dinosaur, ready to go "Rowr".
Mad Rob Rackham, Pirate for Humanity.

"God made the Idiot for practice, and then He made the School Board."

- Mark Twain.

KC Observer
Mod

Postby KC Observer » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:40 pm

Ignorance is a sad, sad thing. Wow, that some want to beleive that "The Flinstones" is an animated documentary.
The Pope

Dan (dat haole dude)
Stripmeister

Postby Dan (dat haole dude) » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:20 pm

WHAT?? you mean that it isn't?? thanks for crushing my religious fantasy world beneath your boot of skeptical inquiry..thank :worship: FSM for a decent alternate reality!
'Oli no au i na pono FSM e
E hau'oli na 'opio o FSM nei
'Oli e! 'Oli e!
Mau ke aloha, no FSM

Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Postby Scott the Pirate » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:14 pm

I almost had to cry the other day. A girl in one of my 4000 (read: senior) level anthropology classes told the professor that there was no evidence for evolution and that she could PROVE that humans and dinosaurs lived at the same time. Her evidence? She got her MINISTER on speaker phone to tell the archaeologist that she was wrong! Fundies. After the destruction of the typical fundie arguments we all popped over to the archy lab and had a look at some of the fossilized vertebra of a brontosaurus. The student said that those fossils arent evidence because "peoples bones fossilize in the grave all the time, we just don't dig them up because doing so would be sacrilege". I brought up the xtians digging up ancestral bones all over the world and finding them strangely un-fossilized. She told us we were all going to hell and quit the class.

Scott
Roy Hunter wrote:Then, when you've got to know them a bit and their defences are down, you go all Scott the Pirate on them...
:lech:

Spector567
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby Spector567 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:40 pm

I really hope she wasn't planning a career in Anthropology... are there fundy Anthropologists??? :roll:

fueledbycoffee
Stripmeister

Postby fueledbycoffee » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:59 pm

Well, anything's possible, I s'pose.
Vote Pieces for Pope! She didn't buy me off with the funny hat, I swear!... She made me a cardinal.

Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Postby Scott the Pirate » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:30 pm

I know a fundie anthropologist personally. "Dr." Collas. She has a masters degree (yet wants to be called "doctor") and teaches cultural studies classes here at the University of Minnesota, Duluth. All other cultures are "inferior" to the "enlightened christian west". She once spent half of a lecture discussing how missionaries are "helping in the third world". She once told me that the world would be free of wars if we had only one religion on this planet. Hers. Scary. We don't really get along and the rest of the anth dept hates her.

Scott
Roy Hunter wrote:Then, when you've got to know them a bit and their defences are down, you go all Scott the Pirate on them...

3lke
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby 3lke » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:54 am

Scott the Pirate wrote:I almost had to cry the other day. A girl in one of my 4000 (read: senior) level anthropology classes told the professor that there was no evidence for evolution and that she could PROVE that humans and dinosaurs lived at the same time. Her evidence? She got her MINISTER on speaker phone to tell the archaeologist that she was wrong! Fundies. After the destruction of the typical fundie arguments we all popped over to the archy lab and had a look at some of the fossilized vertebra of a brontosaurus. The student said that those fossils arent evidence because "peoples bones fossilize in the grave all the time, we just don't dig them up because doing so would be sacrilege". I brought up the xtians digging up ancestral bones all over the world and finding them strangely un-fossilized. She told us we were all going to hell and quit the class.

Scott

Actually I find this very very funny! And like Spector said, I really hope she wasn't planning a career in Anthropology... :-p
Peace, love, chocola & FSM

Scott the Pirate
Corrupter of Youth

Postby Scott the Pirate » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:21 pm

She was a Psych major. I think she dropped out though. Her bf developed a taste for cheap whiskey and bar fights. She once quit an evolutionary psych class because the prof asked her for proof that the earth is only a few thousand years old and she couldnt deliver. Not many fundies at my school, but not a lot of atheists either. TONS of moderate xtians though, but they're not nearly as much fun as the fundies.

Scott

Angel-Hair Archmage
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby Angel-Hair Archmage » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:40 am

Its gonna take millions of dollars to actually get a vacant building and reinnovate it in to a cool museum...and we can barley get 500k for a noodle drive that didn't count for our own funds. We need a millionare to pull it off, anyone wanna try and convert Trump? or Paris Hilton?
The FLying Spaghetti Monster watches over the Kingdom, out of site, but not out of our minds...
ImageImage

Return to “All Things FSM”