Would I be a total asshole if...?

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Colonizedbagel
Conchigliette Convert

Would I be a total asshole if...?

Postby Colonizedbagel » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:53 am

Mmkay, so.

I'm an underaged Pastafarian. No booze for me.

And my school advertises its student prayer group in several different places.

Would it be rude if I showed up and started praising the FSM? Is this kind of forbidden by the Eight I'd Really Rather You Didn'ts, or would this be an acceptable way of spreading Him?

-Gil

fueledbycoffee
Stripmeister

Re: Would I be a total asshole if...?

Postby fueledbycoffee » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:21 pm

Just don't try and convert anyone. If it's a cross-religion prayer group, you can worship a fucking tea cozy if you want.
Vote Pieces for Pope! She didn't buy me off with the funny hat, I swear!... She made me a cardinal.

aidiore
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby aidiore » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:57 pm

tea cozy??...you????...what aboutt coffee?????
The problem is not the Lack of tolerance...Is the tolerance with the ignorance

fueledbycoffee
Stripmeister

Postby fueledbycoffee » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:03 pm

I'm cheating on her. Actually, I hate tea, it tastes like grass and water, but that's an expression I've used since way back.
Vote Pieces for Pope! She didn't buy me off with the funny hat, I swear!... She made me a cardinal.

Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby Zankou 2.0 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:04 pm

fueledbycoffee wrote:I'm cheating on her. Actually, I hate tea, it tastes like grass and water, but that's an expression I've used since way back.

Tea is good.
--Zankou II

The thin line between genius and insanity is less of a border than a union.

"Science can purify religion from error and superstition; religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes. Each can draw the other into a wider world, a world in which both can flourish."
--Pope John Paul II

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein

fueledbycoffee
Stripmeister

Postby fueledbycoffee » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:04 pm

Zankou 2.0 wrote:
fueledbycoffee wrote:I'm cheating on her. Actually, I hate tea, it tastes like grass and water, but that's an expression I've used since way back.

Tea is good.

Ok. It still tastes like grass and water to me, despite your eloquent, beautifully worded argument in it's favor.

aidiore
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby aidiore » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:58 pm

fueledbycoffee wrote:
Zankou 2.0 wrote:

Tea is good.

Ok. It still tastes like grass and water to me, despite your eloquent, beautifully worded argument in it's favor.

eloquent???...worded??...i didnt find that comment such a beautiful poetry that you...oh wait i got it i got it...sarcasm isnt it?...oh my my...youuuuu
The problem is not the Lack of tolerance...Is the tolerance with the ignorance

Apostateabe
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Apostateabe » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:32 am

Colonizedbagel wrote:Mmkay, so.

Would it be rude if I showed up and started praising the FSM? Is this kind of forbidden by the Eight I'd Really Rather You Didn'ts, or would this be an acceptable way of spreading Him?

-Gil
I think the Flying Spaghetti Monster would forgive you since this is high school. High school is on the rung between federal penitentiary and local prison.

Federal pen
High school
Local prison

If you have the connections, see if you can gather other people to worship the FSM in the meeting spot where the Christians planned to meet, ten minutes before the Christians, and tell them you got there first.

Clifford
Humble Hermit

Postby Clifford » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:42 am

Colonizedbagel wrote:Mmkay, so.

-Gil

Go for it, spread the teapot theory to everyone
Clifford

By the power invested in me by tabloid-reading imbeciles, I name you a pedo-dog!

The Pedo-Finder General

RAmen

MonkeysInACan
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby MonkeysInACan » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:09 am

Lol Do it! and be sure to post a video :D
"Evolution is the central theme of biological science. The mechanism of evolution is natural selection."-- NJ science Standard Ch 7

anickels
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby anickels » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:25 am

I'd laugh.

cassles
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby cassles » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:00 pm

funny, when i merely brought up the flying spaghetti monster in my history class (in which we were discussing religions), i was sent to in school suspension for disrupting the class. i got a few laughs, a pat on the back, all is well. but still, if i get in trouble for asking a question, i might not a point making a point of bringing him up. would be quite hilarious however...
:P

fueledbycoffee
Stripmeister

Postby fueledbycoffee » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:37 pm

cassles wrote:funny, when i merely brought up the flying spaghetti monster in my history class (in which we were discussing religions), i was sent to in school suspension for disrupting the class. i got a few laughs, a pat on the back, all is well. but still, if i get in trouble for asking a question, i might not a point making a point of bringing him up. would be quite hilarious however...

...Wow.

When I was in high school, I literally went to class and RP'd as both the Buddha and Jesus in class, and I wasn't suspended. I can't imagine being suspended for asking a question or even just telling a joke!

cassles
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby cassles » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:59 pm

fueledbycoffee wrote:
cassles wrote:funny, when i merely brought up the flying spaghetti monster in my history class (in which we were discussing religions), i was sent to in school suspension for disrupting the class. i got a few laughs, a pat on the back, all is well. but still, if i get in trouble for asking a question, i might not a point making a point of bringing him up. would be quite hilarious however...

...Wow.

When I was in high school, I literally went to class and RP'd as both the Buddha and Jesus in class, and I wasn't suspended. I can't imagine being suspended for asking a question or even just telling a joke!

yes i thought it was ridiculous... contemplated sueing and thought there really wasnt a point
:P

Return to “All Things FSM”