Pasta or all Wheat products?

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

feragorn
Conchigliette Convert

Pasta or all Wheat products?

Postby feragorn » Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:54 pm

Are all Wheat products sacred to a degree, or only pasta? Wheat is required for pastamaking, so shouldn't it be sacred, albeit less sacred than pasta?

Cardinal Fang
Humble Hermit

Re: Pasta or all Wheat products?

Postby Cardinal Fang » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:49 pm

We shouldn't reglect rice noodles...

CF
Cardinal Fang's Python Site
http://www.cardinalfang.net

My contact e-mail address is FAKE.
To contact me, my email is "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".

WelshRarePasta
Fusilli Fuselier

Postby WelshRarePasta » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:50 pm

I believe that noodles are sacred, and noodles are not necessarily made from wheat. I'm not even sure that all Pasta (Italian noodles) are made of wheat. I'd have to think that wheat is not a necessary and sufficient condition for sacredness, and that therefore not all wheat products are sacred. Some may even be unholy. Wheatabix come to mind.
"Only a man would think of that."
"It's our job... If you don't think of fifty-foot-high killer golems first, someone else will." Moist von Lipwig

"Are you saying," Brine interrupted, "that the human race was created to irritate Satan?"
"That is correct. Jehovah is infinite in his snottiness."
Brine reflected on this for a moment and regretted that he had not become a criminal at an early age. --Practical Demonkeeping

Andrey Kurtenkov
Lumache Lieutenant

Postby Andrey Kurtenkov » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:27 am

Traditional European types of noodles are made from Triticum durum (because of that it is called macaroni wheat) while bread is made from common wheat - Triticum aestivum - therefore it is known as bread wheat. They are very different species, even the first is tetraploid, while the second one - hexaploid (exactly - allohexaploid). So, it is not accurately to say about "the wheat products" at all.
The sacred spaghetti to a greater extent we must bring in our hearts and minds than in our stomachs. :fsm:
En mateno de hela ero, per la forĉo de espero, venas viglaj pastafaroj, vere fluganta gefratoj.
Ah, vi flugu, Nia Monstro! Vin observas milionoj serĉiantaj vermiĉeloj, per espero kaj per amo.
Kaj la bona pastafaro post la malfermita pordo, trovos la eternan vivon en pastafara paradizo!
Pastafarier aller Länder, vereinigt euch!
Българска пастафарианска църква (Bulgarian Pastafarian Church)
- за прослава на Макаронения Бог :worship: :fsm_float:

feragorn
Conchigliette Convert

Postby feragorn » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:39 pm

Okay. Thanks for the clarification, but Cardinal fang is right.What about rice noodles?

Return to “All Things FSM”