Need Pastafarian Priest(s) for documentary

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Dambala
Conchigliette Convert

Need Pastafarian Priest(s) for documentary

Postby Dambala » Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:51 pm

Hi all….I need help. I am documentary filmmaker from Louisiana and we recently passed a very ambiguous law entitled “The Louisiana Science Education Act” (which of course has nothing to do with science) that allows creationism to be taught alongside evolution in science classrooms.
The law is written very slyly, and it doesn’t specify creationism as an alternative…it just says that alternative theories can be introduced into the classroom….I think you know where I’m going with this.
I am trying to find a “High Priest(s)” of Pastafarianism who could stand in front of a classroom with visual materials i.e. (books, PPT, video, etc.) and teach a high school class on the finer points of The Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. I would of course be filming the entire event for a documentary on the subject….so I would need consent to shoot from the Priest(s).
Can anyone help me identify the folks I’m looking for? Thanks.

[email protected]

MonkeysInACan
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Re: Need Pastafarian Priest(s) for documentary

Postby MonkeysInACan » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:14 pm

I technically am a Pastafarian Priest/Reverend. I'm from New Jersey though so I don't know how much help I could be to you in Louisiana. If that doesn't matter I do have some acting experience that would make the whole "Teaching" session more enthralling :fsm_yarr:

I know that "Rev. Rowan Redbeard" is also ordained along with several others that might be more geographically useful.
"Evolution is the central theme of biological science. The mechanism of evolution is natural selection."-- NJ science Standard Ch 7

Dambala
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Dambala » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:30 am

The geographic issue could be a factor, as I would prefer someone within the state....but it's not absolutely necessary. Acting experience is definitely a plus...humor and sarcasm is the goal. Can I contact you directly?

Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby Zankou 2.0 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:56 am

Dambala wrote:The geographic issue could be a factor, as I would prefer someone within the state....but it's not absolutely necessary. Acting experience is definitely a plus...humor and sarcasm is the goal. Can I contact you directly?

You need RRR.
--Zankou II

The thin line between genius and insanity is less of a border than a union.

"Science can purify religion from error and superstition; religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes. Each can draw the other into a wider world, a world in which both can flourish."
--Pope John Paul II

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein

Dambala
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Dambala » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:48 pm

Who is RRR and how do I contact him/her?

Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby Zankou 2.0 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:10 pm

I haven't the foggiest idea. The Reverend Rowan Redbeard is currently in RL. He'll be back, later, maybe, if you're lucky.

(His email address is not listed on teh site, unfortunately)
--Zankou II

The thin line between genius and insanity is less of a border than a union.

"Science can purify religion from error and superstition; religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes. Each can draw the other into a wider world, a world in which both can flourish."
--Pope John Paul II

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein

fueledbycoffee
Stripmeister

Postby fueledbycoffee » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:28 pm

I'm an ordained ULC Minister, and a Pastafarian, so I suppose I count.
Vote Pieces for Pope! She didn't buy me off with the funny hat, I swear!... She made me a cardinal.

Return to “All Things FSM”