Only Religious Jewellery Allowed in UK school - FSM ideas?

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

comrademike
Conchigliette Convert

Only Religious Jewellery Allowed in UK school - FSM ideas?

Postby comrademike » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:19 am

A UK judge has ruled that those of religious observance are now given special dispensation to flout school rules.
The ruling allowed the Sikh girl in question to wear a special bangle that signifies being handcuffed to her god, overiding the school rule of wearing no jewellery except earring studs and wristwatches.

Full story here
http://uk.reuters.com/article/domesticN ... 1920080729

I call upon his Noodleness and all followers to suggest appropriate jewellery that all in the UK FSM church can wear...given that it will now be defended by this case.

MeatballEucharist
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Re: Only Religious Jewellery Allowed in UK school - FSM ideas?

Postby MeatballEucharist » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:32 pm

Jewelry with skull and crossbones, and noodle-themed jewlery. I think a necklace design containing HIs Noodly Goodness is called for.
Jesus man! you dont look for acid! acid finds you when *it* thinks you're ready.
-Hunter S Thompson
Religion ends and philosophy begins, just as alchemy ends and chemistry begins and astrology ends, and astronomy begins.
-Christopher Hitchens
A lot of people pass through the thinking I'm a guru and take enough trips to understand that no, I was just a witness. I was just a witness. -Terence McKenna

Nephelokokkygia89
Ziti Zealot

Postby Nephelokokkygia89 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:15 am

We could also suggest sporting a Pirate-fish pendant or something of the like.
Καί ἐπήρωτα αὐτόν τί σοί ὀνόμα καί ἀπεκρίθη λέγων λεγεών ὀνόμα μοί ὁτί πόλλοι ἐσμέν·

Κατά Μάρκον Ευαγγέλιον 5·9

Rev. Rowan Redbeard
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Rev. Rowan Redbeard » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:22 am

Make it yourself:
http://www.winonatong.com/archives/2006 ... ellery.php

I can't believe that this is an actual marketed product...
http://www.siaminterhandicrafts.com/ind ... lang=en-us
—Captain the Reverend Lord C.S. Rowan, Lord of Glencoe, Minister of Pastafarianism, Gentleman Pirate

By reading this post, you agree that you are solely responsible for your reaction to it.
The poster takes no responsibility for any offense taken where none was meant. Except in cases of accidental microaggressions, in which case please explain it, so that we may better understand.

MonkeysInACan
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby MonkeysInACan » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:23 am

You could buy one of these.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Ring-Flying-Spaghet ... dZViewItem
I haven't bought one myself but I plan to very soon. they look really nice.

:worship: Image
"Evolution is the central theme of biological science. The mechanism of evolution is natural selection."-- NJ science Standard Ch 7

DaveL
Site Admin

Postby DaveL » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:30 am

YArrrghhh!

Has Sauron converted to Pastafarianism? Throw the freakin' ring into a bowl of spaghetti, QUICK!!!!
Loosely Canonising and keeping it free for all Pastafarians
http://www.loose-canon.info/

MonkeysInACan
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby MonkeysInACan » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:20 pm

Why don't we just have the eagles drop the ring into Mount Pasta? It sure would make things a lot easier.
"Evolution is the central theme of biological science. The mechanism of evolution is natural selection."-- NJ science Standard Ch 7

MonkeysInACan
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby MonkeysInACan » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:57 pm

DaveL wrote:YArrrghhh!

Has Sauron converted to Pastafarianism? Throw the freakin' ring into a bowl of spaghetti, QUICK!!!!

Its true!!!!!

DaveL
Site Admin

Postby DaveL » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:55 pm

Arghhhh...

Nice work there matey!

It's all making sense now. Mt Doom = Beer Volcano, Frodo = Midget, Ents = Tree...

Moral Minority
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Moral Minority » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:38 am

Orcs = Pirates.

Humes = Christf-gs

Cardinal Fang
Humble Hermit

Postby Cardinal Fang » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:44 pm

There is a serious point to this.

Unlike crucifixes, hijabs, pirate pendants etc, the wearing of a steel bracelet is a fundemental part of the Sikh identity, like men wearing the turban, and hence in this specific case, the judge ruled that the school couldn't ban it because it is part of the girl's racial identity. As crucifixes, veils, pirate pendents etc are not compulsory parts of the reigious and racial identity of that group, it's still OK for schools to ban them.

I suggest an appendum to the FSM bible that makes it compulsory to wear pirate pendents at all times with no excuses.

CF
Cardinal Fang's Python Site
http://www.cardinalfang.net

My contact e-mail address is FAKE.
To contact me, my email is "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".

Elastoman
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby Elastoman » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:18 pm

Cardinal Fang wrote:There is a serious point to this.

Unlike crucifixes, hijabs, pirate pendants etc, the wearing of a steel bracelet is a fundemental part of the Sikh identity, like men wearing the turban, and hence in this specific case, the judge ruled that the school couldn't ban it because it is part of the girl's racial identity. As crucifixes, veils, pirate pendents etc are not compulsory parts of the reigious and racial identity of that group, it's still OK for schools to ban them.

I suggest an appendum to the FSM bible that makes it compulsory to wear pirate pendents at all times with no excuses.

CF

Don't forget the knives. Interesting security issue, for schools and everything else. And no, I'm not bringing this up to say we should be allowed to carry a cutlass and pistol around (but man would it rock.), or to suggest that Sikhs are crazed killers (the ones I've known were great people). Just always found it interesting.

~E.
There's no need to stand on ceremony, nor call to impress.

DaveL
Site Admin

Postby DaveL » Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:17 am

YArrrghhh...

Sauron would never be able to fly Mordor Airlines with all those knives on his head. :D

Mookalakanikki
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby Mookalakanikki » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:22 pm

Cardinal Fang wrote:There is a serious point to this.

CF

I will grant the fact that wearing this bracelet may be mandatory to her religion (not race, Sikh is a religion, not a race). I'm in the US Army (hey, I'm against holy wars for oil, also) and we have rules for wearing religious articles. they may be worn, but only under clothing where they can't be seen (this rule does not reply to nonreligious jewelry, which may not be worn). That allows the religious identity without boldly allowing the religious to have "rights" that others do not. Surely it wouldn't negate the girl's religious identity to wear long sleeves?

The Sherbertman
Ziti Zealot

Postby The Sherbertman » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:44 pm

Surely it wouldn't negate the girl's religious identity to wear long sleeves?

You would have thought but this is Britain.... to suggest that the judge would have probably been done for racism or something equally stupid

Return to “All Things FSM”