wondering something unusual

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

stott_s
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

wondering something unusual

Postby stott_s » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:20 pm

So I was looking through Facebook, and noticed how some people call themselves Discordian. I was wondering, then, that if someone (not I, though) were to try to combine both belief systems, if that would make them a Pastasaladian? :fsm_rock:
I excersize regularly, by wading (through red tape), jumping (to conclusions), leaping (through hoops) and running (out of time).

Conally
Ziti Zealot

Re: wondering something unusual

Postby Conally » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:07 am

that would be awesome, we can eat spaghetti and have a salad!
:fsm_float: Have you been touched by his noodly appendage? :fsm_float:

Robbobrob
Stele Second Mate

Postby Robbobrob » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:31 am

stott_s wrote:So I was looking through Facebook, and noticed how some people call themselves Discordian. I was wondering, then, that if someone (not I, though) were to try to combine both belief systems, if that would make them a Pastasaladian? :fsm_rock:

Well, as a practicing Pastafarian Discordian (and about a half dozen other things), the best way to celebrate the two religions together is by having spaghetti and franks. As part of the Discordian tradition, in honor of the Big Snub, discordians do not eat their hot dogs in buns. Throwing hotdogs (cut into bite-sized pieces) into a pasta dish (just like in the cans of Spaghetti-O's with Franks) seem the logical thing to do.

I always say I believe in two dieties: One is a crazy woman, the other, a bowl of pasta.

Hail Discordia!
RAmen.
Mad Rob Rackham, Pirate for Humanity.

"God made the Idiot for practice, and then He made the School Board."

- Mark Twain.

Elastoman
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby Elastoman » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:15 pm

Robbobrob wrote:Throwing hotdogs (cut into bite-sized pieces) into a pasta dish (just like in the cans of Spaghetti-O's with Franks) seem the logical thing to do.

For some reason my this leads my mind a'wanderin' towards a dish of Sauerkraut and Bratwurst, and the realization that this most excellent addition to any good night drinkin' is (not surprisingly) an awful lot like Spaghetti and Meatballs in appearance. I have also realized that I need to drink beer and eat bratwurst as soon as possible.

~E.
There's no need to stand on ceremony, nor call to impress.

stott_s
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby stott_s » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:05 am

That is really something, Robberrob! I was posting theoretically, and here you already practice it! That sounds really yummy, and now that I have read the post about sketti-os and brats/kraut, I am hungry! :pirate_fish:
I excersize regularly, by wading (through red tape), jumping (to conclusions), leaping (through hoops) and running (out of time).

Robbobrob
Stele Second Mate

Postby Robbobrob » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:16 am

stott_s wrote:That is really something, Robberrob! I was posting theoretically, and here you already practice it! That sounds really yummy, and now that I have read the post about sketti-os and brats/kraut, I am hungry! :pirate_fish:

Yeah, I've been a Discordian for a few years now...and have really taken to the FSM as well.

My favorite Multiple Religious Identity Dish ever is: Raman noodles soup with Hebrew National Franks, with saltine crackers crushed on top. When I eat it, I am communing with many, many gods.
Mad Rob Rackham, Pirate for Humanity.

"God made the Idiot for practice, and then He made the School Board."

- Mark Twain.

Moral Minority
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Moral Minority » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:44 pm

I am a Zen Pasta-Frisbeetarianist with Murphyist tendencies and a fetish for Catholics.

stott_s
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby stott_s » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:31 pm

wha? so who's the crushed saltine cracker god? :shellfish:

Moral Min, that is one wild combination! are there enough days in the week for all that?

darkstone
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby darkstone » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:54 pm

stott_s wrote:wha? so who's the crushed saltine cracker god? :shellfish:

jesus

Josh M
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby Josh M » Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:26 am

Conally wrote:that would be awesome, we can eat spaghetti and have a salad!

In the words of the great John Pennett (comedian) "Salad's not food, salad comes with the food. Salad is a promissory note that food will soon arrive."

Anyways, I previously was unaware of Discordianism until I looked it up after reading this. I find the subject to be quite interesting, especially the idea of chaos and disorder.
Our Pasta, who "Arghh" in heaven, Swallowed be thy shame. Thy Midgit come. Thy Sauce be yum, On top some grated Parmesan. Give us this day our garlic bread. And give us our cutlasses, As we swashbuckle, splice the main-brace and cuss. And lead us into temptation, But deliver us some Pizza. For thine are Meatballs, and the beer, and the strippers, for ever and ever. RAmen.

Moral Minority
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Moral Minority » Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:10 am

stott_s wrote:Moral Min, that is one wild combination! are there enough days in the week for all that?

Well, I spend Fridays dressed lika a pirate, eating pasta, while on Sunday I am too busy spying on the mass at the local Catholic cathedral. I stroke myself often when looking at the mass through the binocluars.

I meditate on Mondays, and the rest of the time, I find teh worst in everything, in accordance with my Murphyist tendencies.

When I die, my soul will get on the roof and get stuck.

Return to “All Things FSM”