new comer and storytime

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

chupacabra304
Conchigliette Convert

new comer and storytime

Postby chupacabra304 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:04 pm

I have been a believer in the flying spaghetti monster for a while now, more of a spagnostic really, but this is my first time on the boards. so I'd like to say hello!

Well I had a very funny experience today I was sitting on a park bench near a park waiting for a friend that was probably not
going to show up. And i noticed a church family fun fest happening over the hill. So i went to investigate, being the curious person that i am I went and asked about it, turns out it was a party for the newday churh that just opened up in my neighborhood.(ergh) lots of the kids from my school were there, so i went and asked if they had heard about
the flying spaghetti monster and his noodly appendage,the reaction was like wildfire

"are you on crack!"
"god you must be retarded to believe in something like that!'
"someone needs to see a therapist."

As i laughed i tried to explain the reason i believed in the :fsm_float: and the reason bobby came up with it. But they persisted and wouldn't listen I just smiled and understood, sometimes ignorance overwhelms people so much that they won't even listen to. the adults came over and asked what was going on. Luckily they listened to me explain about my beliefs. And
reasoning. *sigh* it seems that people now a days are stupid... believing in a bearded zombie what a concept.

Josh M
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Re: new comer and storytime

Postby Josh M » Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:00 am

Some people are just afraid of being wrong. That and a lot of people nowadays are ass holes. People need to learn to be more open to the idea, though I must point out that you may have been asking for it when you tried to "push" your beliefs onto theirs. Even if you did in no way mean for that, it probably was seen in that sort of way to those of whom are closed minded.
Our Pasta, who "Arghh" in heaven, Swallowed be thy shame. Thy Midgit come. Thy Sauce be yum, On top some grated Parmesan. Give us this day our garlic bread. And give us our cutlasses, As we swashbuckle, splice the main-brace and cuss. And lead us into temptation, But deliver us some Pizza. For thine are Meatballs, and the beer, and the strippers, for ever and ever. RAmen.

Rextu
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby Rextu » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:29 am

Those people probably think they could vote to make the earth flat.
[img size=300px]http://poosk.com/wp-content/themes/poosk/images/iGod-FSM.jpg[/img]

ken worley
King of the Pervs

Postby ken worley » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:42 am

Oh good...Another religion mock-fest.

*yawn*

Edd
Stripmeister

Postby Edd » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:55 am

Ken, I agree with pretty much everything you posted. I’m less confrontational than most; I don’t even abuse the Jehovah’s Witnesses that knock on my door, but I don’t think it’s really fair to call someone ‘a feces-slinging monkey’ and then write ‘Please do not take this personally.’

Maybe a new thread coaching the less experienced in self-restraint and empathy, entitled ‘How to Amuse Yourself at Fundamentalists’ Expense’ would work better.
"Oook." - The Librarian

Visit the new and improved Agnoistrology.com!

ken worley
King of the Pervs

Postby ken worley » Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:39 pm

Awww...Poor edd.

Apparently you've lost your battle against the rock, eh?

Such a tragic waste of what could've been a fine mind, now decrepit, addled, and mired in srufulant hallucinatory crack-visions.

*shakes head sadly*

Edd
Stripmeister

Postby Edd » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:33 am

I swear that post was different!
"Oook." - The Librarian

ken worley
King of the Pervs

Postby ken worley » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:57 am

Denial is an ugly animal, edd...With an ever-increasing apetite...Seriously, dude...We care about you.

Put the pencil torch down, and back away from the pipe.

Edd
Stripmeister

Postby Edd » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:02 am

My crack habits are irrelevant and, in any case, completely under control.

I could quit any time I wanted to, seriously. I just don’t want to at the moment.

Really, I know what I’m doing. Don’t worry about me. I’m fine. Really. I’m fine.

BTW, does anyone have $10, 000 US that I can borrow?
"Oook." - The Librarian

Cardinal Fang
Humble Hermit

Postby Cardinal Fang » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:17 pm

ken worley wrote:Denial is an ugly animal, edd....

Really? I thought denial was a river in de Egypt... :D

CF

chupacabra304
Conchigliette Convert

Postby chupacabra304 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:10 am

wow, i come back a week later and look what happens...
i dunno, mocking people for their beliefs seems to be a popular trend nowadays, hm?

stott_s
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Postby stott_s » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:49 am

chupacabra304 wrote:wow, i come back a week later and look what happens...
i dunno, mocking people for their beliefs seems to be a popular trend nowadays, hm?

What do you mean nowadays ? That's how things have been since people noticed that there were other people around!

Anyway, I thought it was interesting that the youth of the party were the ones to have a problem, and the adults listened. Maybe they just hid their disbelief better, or something.

But if it was a party, why didn't you crash it before telling them? Free food will always draw me out of my hiding place! :fsm_float:
I excersize regularly, by wading (through red tape), jumping (to conclusions), leaping (through hoops) and running (out of time).

Elastoman
Tortellini Third Mate

Postby Elastoman » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:01 pm

stott_s wrote:

But if it was a party, why didn't you crash it before telling them? Free food will always draw me out of my hiding place! :fsm_float:

Seconded.
There's no need to stand on ceremony, nor call to impress.

Return to “All Things FSM”