discriminated :*(

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Apostateabe
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Re: discriminated :*(

Postby Apostateabe » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:07 pm

bendyl7 wrote:Hello every one!

I am so sorry it took me so long to get back to you, here are the results however:

I go to a school which try's to boast that they "accept every one and everything" however, we pastafarians have never been so accepted. there is a total of 10 of us at the school, and a few others who support us. so we put on a face of acceptance nonetheless, despite how false it may be.

anyway, myself and the others protested by sitting outside and not going to classes, wearing eye patches, and posting up pirate fish symbols everywhere. the end result of the argument, just to end our protesting, they suspended the art teacher for a week without pay. but we are still thought of as a joke to many, but we just keep doing what we can.

Sorry it took me a few months to reply, after the protest we ended up getting a bunch of j-wits knocking at our door from time to time, by coincidence we moved to a different place, but in the meantime, while things were being moved, i moved to my friends boat for a few months, with no interents, but he was also pastafarian, so allot of noodles lol.
but nonetheless, i am back now and hope to be more active, once my tablet is umpacked i will continue my fsm art :fsm_rock:

You are truly a hero. Go get someone to buy you a beer.

Zelkar
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Zelkar » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:09 pm

bendyl7 wrote:Hello every one!

I am so sorry it took me so long to get back to you, here are the results however:

I go to a school which try's to boast that they "accept every one and everything" however, we pastafarians have never been so accepted. there is a total of 10 of us at the school, and a few others who support us. so we put on a face of acceptance nonetheless, despite how false it may be.

anyway, myself and the others protested by sitting outside and not going to classes, wearing eye patches, and posting up pirate fish symbols everywhere. the end result of the argument, just to end our protesting, they suspended the art teacher for a week without pay. but we are still thought of as a joke to many, but we just keep doing what we can.

Sorry it took me a few months to reply, after the protest we ended up getting a bunch of j-wits knocking at our door from time to time, by coincidence we moved to a different place, but in the meantime, while things were being moved, i moved to my friends boat for a few months, with no interents, but he was also pastafarian, so allot of noodles lol.
but nonetheless, i am back now and hope to be more active, once my tablet is umpacked i will continue my fsm art :fsm_rock:

You sir, are a credit to all Pastafarians around the world, may his Noodleyness grant you extra tasty beer and may your strippers always be free of VD.

:fsm_rock:

cassles
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby cassles » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:10 pm

I have actually written about this inpleasant experience elsewhere on this site, but here goes. In my history class we were having an open discussion about different religions and our (anything rude or innapropriate or hurtful is unacceptable) opinions and personal beleifs. So I referred to the FSM casually, not really saying anything about it, just saying how much religions can differ. So my rather largeish male teacher drags me out of the classroom and tells me if I ever bring up 'that bull' again in class, I will be expelled. Word got around, and pretty soon the entire school was talking about the FSM. I was called to the principals office and suspended for 'disrupting the class and school'. That is quite serious discrimination. And then my very Catholic parents get a call from the school, so i am grounded as well, just for showing some free thinking.
:P

Zankou 2.0
Purveyor of Triviality

Postby Zankou 2.0 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:55 pm

Wow.
--Zankou II

The thin line between genius and insanity is less of a border than a union.

"Science can purify religion from error and superstition; religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes. Each can draw the other into a wider world, a world in which both can flourish."
--Pope John Paul II

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein

bendyl7
Ziti Zealot

Postby bendyl7 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:46 pm

cassles wrote:I have actually written about this unpleasant experience elsewhere on this site, but here goes. In my history class we were having an open discussion about different religions and our (anything rude or inappropriate or hurtful is unacceptable) opinions and personal beliefs. So I referred to the FSM casually, not really saying anything about it, just saying how much religions can differ. So my rather largish male teacher drags me out of the classroom and tells me if I ever bring up 'that bull' again in class, I will be expelled. Word got around, and pretty soon the entire school was talking about the FSM. I was called to the principals office and suspended for 'disrupting the class and school'. That is quite serious discrimination. And then my very Catholic parents get a call from the school, so i am grounded as well, just for showing some free thinking.

That is very bad! How did the end result come to be? or are you still grounded and in trouble with school?
Do you want or need any legal support? It makes me sick that people would still take a belief and discredit it along with punishment because it does not agree with them. I can defiantly see how bad this is, as being one who recently went through the same thing. You have my support.

Also, sorry for being gone again. things got very bad where i was and had to move again. Now I am going to an entirely different school, Wish me luck! I hope they are more accepting...or i will have more problems with my faith on my hands. Well, not problems because of the faith, but problems from those who do not agree with it with a passion.
may you be touched
-ben

3lke
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby 3lke » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:48 pm

Are ya serious Cassles? That is so...so...so...wow !
*gives cassles a cold beer and a plate of noodles with tasty meatballs*

hope y'r oke...

you too bendyl...keep us posted

pasta 2 y'll
RAmen,
Peace, love, chocola & FSM

led3234
Conchigliette Convert

Postby led3234 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:49 pm

Clifford wrote:Now tell me where he lives so that I can launch my ex-Soviet ICBM at him.

...Bill Nye?
Gamertag - specialed324

Feel free to add me.

Cardinal Fang
Humble Hermit

Postby Cardinal Fang » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:49 am

cassles wrote:I have actually written about this inpleasant experience elsewhere on this site, but here goes. In my history class we were having an open discussion about different religions and our (anything rude or innapropriate or hurtful is unacceptable) opinions and personal beleifs. So I referred to the FSM casually, not really saying anything about it, just saying how much religions can differ. So my rather largeish male teacher drags me out of the classroom and tells me if I ever bring up 'that bull' again in class, I will be expelled. Word got around, and pretty soon the entire school was talking about the FSM. I was called to the principals office and suspended for 'disrupting the class and school'. That is quite serious discrimination. And then my very Catholic parents get a call from the school, so i am grounded as well, just for showing some free thinking.

What's your school's address? Methinks a letter writing session is in order about discrimiation and about how they shouldn't be making judgements on the validity of the various religions. A copy to the local papers at the same time as well perhaps...

CF
Cardinal Fang's Python Site
http://www.cardinalfang.net

My contact e-mail address is FAKE.
To contact me, my email is "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".

3lke
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby 3lke » Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:17 pm

Would be funny, if all Pastafarians around the world would write a letter 2 the school about it. They wouldn't know what hit them :p
Peace, love, chocola & FSM

cassles
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Postby cassles » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:14 pm

haha (much thanks for beer and noodles)... nah I changed classes, so I'm no longer with that teacher, and my parents are getting over it. life goes on, all is well.... but i appreciate the thoughts and encouragement so much. it helps to know im not the only one who stands up for my thoughts.
:P

bendyl7
Ziti Zealot

Postby bendyl7 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:50 am

I am happy things are getting better for you, but writing in tons of letters, all in pirate slang, would have been pretty epic.
Nonetheless, i will be there to help with any discrimination.

by the way, cheers to the pirates who protested against the "godhatesfags" organization.
lol, god hates shrimps XD
may you be touched
-ben

FirstMateNate
Ziti Zealot

Postby FirstMateNate » Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:32 pm

bendyl7 wrote:anyway, myself and the others protested by sitting outside and not going to classes, wearing eye patches, and posting up pirate fish symbols everywhere. the end result of the argument, just to end our protesting, they suspended the art teacher for a week without pay. but we are still thought of as a joke to many, but we just keep doing what we can.

Yarrrr! Good going! :fsm_yarr:

What part of Maine did you live in? I'm from Boothbay.

elijah
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby elijah » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:48 pm

A religion which promotes the discrimination of Rastafarians has no right to tolerance.

PantyGnawer
Spam Bob Grill Pants

Postby PantyGnawer » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:22 pm

elijah wrote:A religion which promotes the discrimination of Rastafarians has no right to tolerance.

We already have a thread for your nonsense. Lets keep it there.

elijah
Cannelloni Cannoneer

Postby elijah » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:22 pm

That wouldn't answer the question as to how long you will be alienated.

Return to “All Things FSM”