discriminated :*(

The place for general discussion about the Flying Spaghetti Monster and most things related to Him.

Moderator: All Things Mods

Deci23
Maccheroncelli Missionary

Re: parents and religion

Postby Deci23 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:03 pm

stott_s wrote:Sorry to tell you this, but it doesn't get better as you get older. I'm a parent, and in my ..."upper" years, and my parents still badger me about praying and going to church. (when I phone them from so far away, which isn't often)

I figured as much... They now refer to me as a heathen which doesn't bother me at all since they're technically heathens too for not going church since March of this year (and for other reasons that I won't mention.. yet, lol effin' religious posers). The priest supposedly asks about me the times they've gone without me. At first, I didn't believe them because they're devious little sneaks that love to drop guilt on me. But then my dad will go on and on about how the priest asks about me, and he'll him that he doesn't know what happened to me. The fact that they've stopped going to church makes me think they're ashamed of showing up because the priest really is asking about me, and they're too scared to tell him the truth: "Our daughter doesn't believe in Catholicism anymore."

My mom isn't so bad but my dad thinks I'm going to hell and will use anything to scare me into believing again. Pffft... as if stale beer and strippers with VD are really that scary. XD
::Forum Lurker::

aidiore
Cavatappi Cabin Boy

Re: discriminated :*(

Postby aidiore » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:23 pm

I totally agree with you...i mean...they dont have to understand the joke behind this...or the principles that we stand for...they have to think that its a religion..and even if our god is food...they dont have any power to make you...or any of us...think its is stupid and it is not a "allowed" god...
The problem is not the Lack of tolerance...Is the tolerance with the ignorance

Moral Minority
Prophet of Pastafarianism

Postby Moral Minority » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:56 am

I think I will use the FSM in an essay in TOK next year. :D

Mookalakanikki
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby Mookalakanikki » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:10 pm

In what I believe to be the original spirit of the Pastafarians...

Is your school a public school or does it accept any state financing? If so, your teacher is constitutionally forbidden to call one god real and another unreal.

If you're attending a parochial school, I'd say you're out of luck.

billy and alex
Conchigliette Convert

Postby billy and alex » Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:17 am

It... sickens me that you and our relgion were treated this way. Is the school you attend a private school or a state school? If it's a state school I'm fairly sure you could take this issue up with the law...
Maybe if you got a whole bunch of people to e-mail the school, an e-mail of complaint that is...
Just protest as much as you can I would advise.
Anyway, may the sauce be with you.. ect. ect. goodbye.
I am the "crazy artist".

MeatballEucharist
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby MeatballEucharist » Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:20 pm

I say try and find a groovy teacher who understands the joke and start a fsm bible study group and stir that shit up. Or one better tell your rents or one of your friends rent's who are cool and rase a stick about it...oh and notify your local papers and the like.
Jesus man! you dont look for acid! acid finds you when *it* thinks you're ready.
-Hunter S Thompson
Religion ends and philosophy begins, just as alchemy ends and chemistry begins and astrology ends, and astronomy begins.
-Christopher Hitchens
A lot of people pass through the thinking I'm a guru and take enough trips to understand that no, I was just a witness. I was just a witness. -Terence McKenna

Elvalia
Rugger Baby Bunny Bumpers

Postby Elvalia » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:17 am

Oh my. Oh my. Teachers not allowing FSM in the school? I'd have a field day, a bloody field day. Speeches, posters, the whole lot, not because I find it particularly offensive to myself, but because they haven't the right to dictate who can or cannot be my hero or my saviour or the subject of a piece of art, and someone's got to break it to them.
Your teachers make me sad.

On that note, I'm supporting and aiding somebody who is writing a speech on FSMism for her English class. It will be accepted and so help me, it will get a good grade, even if I have to reword every paragraph she writes.
TwistedSister wrote:El is everyone's buddy. :lurk:
Ubi Dubius wrote:Evilvalia! :shocked:

Awesome Bryan
Conchigliette Convert

Postby Awesome Bryan » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:43 am

Hi all,

It seems no matter how peacefully you try and follow your own beliefs, people will walk right up to you and shove it down your face, cos 'there beliefs are the right ones'. Mankind eh?

Anyway, back on topic, persecution of pastafarians occurs across the atlantic, apparantly christians can wear crosses, Sikhs can wear turbans etc etc, but us, fuck off is the gerneral consencus:

http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/article.html?in_article_id=43272&in_page_id=2

Mookalakanikki
Gnocchetti Galley Slave

Postby Mookalakanikki » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:29 pm

Awesome Bryan wrote:Hi all,

It seems no matter how peacefully you try and follow your own beliefs, people will walk right up to you and shove it down your face, cos 'there beliefs are the right ones'. Mankind eh?

Anyway, back on topic, persecution of pastafarians occurs across the atlantic, apparantly christians can wear crosses, Sikhs can wear turbans etc etc, but us, fuck off is the gerneral consencus:

http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/article.html?in_article_id=43272&in_page_id=2

Did you notice, though, that the article took the tone of real religion? "Pastafarians believe..." Can you imagine what was going through the copywriter's head?

Cardinal Fang
Humble Hermit

Postby Cardinal Fang » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:53 pm

The difference between Sikhs and Pastafarian is that for Sikhs it is mandatory to wear certain things, like a steel bracelet and a turban (men anyway), where as it isn't mandatory for FSM-ists to wear pirate garb.

CF
Cardinal Fang's Python Site
http://www.cardinalfang.net

My contact e-mail address is FAKE.
To contact me, my email is "latinum" at "hotmail" dot "com".

The Sherbertman
Ziti Zealot

Postby The Sherbertman » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:19 pm

Which school is this?? it may be a little late to back you up now but hell we could get a bunch of us to go in, in full pirate regalia and educate the prinicpal that could be fun...

TrueBeliever
Ziti Zealot

Postby TrueBeliever » Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:27 pm

I, too, am curious as to how things worked out. The whole idea behind the Church of the FSM is to challenge religious discrimination in schools, so this event is of obvious interest to His Purpose.
"if we outlaw evolution, only the outlaws will evolve" - probably George Carlin

bendyl7
Ziti Zealot

Postby bendyl7 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:20 pm

Hello every one!

I am so sorry it took me so long to get back to you, here are the results however:

I go to a school which try's to boast that they "accept every one and everything" however, we pastafarians have never been so accepted. there is a total of 10 of us at the school, and a few others who support us. so we put on a face of acceptance nonetheless, despite how false it may be.

anyway, myself and the others protested by sitting outside and not going to classes, wearing eye patches, and posting up pirate fish symbols everywhere. the end result of the argument, just to end our protesting, they suspended the art teacher for a week without pay. but we are still thought of as a joke to many, but we just keep doing what we can.

Sorry it took me a few months to reply, after the protest we ended up getting a bunch of j-wits knocking at our door from time to time, by coincidence we moved to a different place, but in the meantime, while things were being moved, i moved to my friends boat for a few months, with no interents, but he was also pastafarian, so allot of noodles lol.
but nonetheless, i am back now and hope to be more active, once my tablet is umpacked i will continue my fsm art :fsm_rock:
may you be touched
-ben

TrueBeliever
Ziti Zealot

Postby TrueBeliever » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:47 pm

Arrr! Good on ya, matey! Ye stood up for yerself and ye got the booty. Well played, and welcome back.
"if we outlaw evolution, only the outlaws will evolve" - probably George Carlin

his_noodly_servant
Conchigliette Convert

Postby his_noodly_servant » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:14 pm

If anyone ever questions you just invoke the first amendment (or your country's equivalent if they have one). They can't deny you, because they are state sponsored and/or funded and therefore can not judge. All praise his noodly establishment clause! RAmen. :fsm_yarr:

Return to “All Things FSM”